Decided cruising is going to start so booked 16 cruises

19 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Well unfortunately for me I was at that point last year before I lost my job after working 24 yrs for the same company. Company filed bankruptcy. It didn't have anything to do with covid. Now at 60 I have to start from scratch. I will be retired before I accumulate any lengthy vacation time.

I was downsized after working for a company 25 years.I was too young to retire,I was 53.I took a job in a completely different industry and retired as VP of the company.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1980dory said:

I have never been to a Costco.  But why is this important???  Who cares where anyone has been unless you're talking about cruise destinations?

How about a cruise that includes touring Costco’s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

2 minutes ago, Tom47 said:

I have never been in a Costco.  None close by.

Sorry there isn't....When we stayed in the Hamptons with family we went to a very nice one near by.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

OK.  How much will the cruise line charge us?  How long is the tour and does it include shopping time at an "approved"  Costco store?  Is lunch included in the tour price?  Will  this Costco tour be offered by an independent tour company also?  How much?

What if the ship leaves before we get back from our Costco tour?

Many questions here.  Inquiring minds want to know!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

OK.  How much will the cruise line charge us?  How long is the tour and does it include shopping time at an "approved"  Costco store?  Is lunch included in the tour price?  Will  this Costco tour be offered by an independent tour company also?  How much?

I'm sure it will include a hot dog & soda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yes, but is the hot dog Kosher?  Sam's Club serves Hebrew National as I recall.  Maybe we could do a Sam's Club tour instead.   BTW: Who's organizing this tour?  Lenny?

Maybe Ashland can organize a tour for us to the Hamptons also.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

The tour will include Sorrento’s pizza ,all that you can eat.The tour will be sponsored by the cruise line  and the price will be $43 per person .The ship will never leave early .The Captain of the ship will be Bligh.

4 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

Yes, but is the hot dog Kosher?  Sam's Club serves Hebrew National as I recall.  Maybe we could do a Sam's Club tour instead.   BTW: Who's organizing this tour?  Lenny?

Maybe Ashland can organize a tour for us to the Hamptons also.

Yes, but Costco has an 100% pure beef hot dog that doesn't have any by-products like corn syrup, phosphates, fillers, or artificial colors and flavors.  It has been $1.50 for the hot dog and 20 ounce refillable soda since 1985. You can't beat the price!  Sam's has the same price but a slightly smaller hot dog. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The tour will include Sorrento’s pizza ,all that you can eat.The tour will be sponsored by the cruise line  and the price will be $43 per person .The ship will never leave early .The Captain of the ship will be Bligh.

My first time at Sorrento's will be March 2022, 52 nd anniversary cruise(rescheduled from cancelled 50th anniversary cruise)

11 minutes ago, Tom47 said:

My first time at Sorrento's will be March 2022, 52 nd anniversary cruise(rescheduled from cancelled 50th anniversary cruise)

We were on a cruise 4 years ago for our 50th.anniversary and consumed quite a bit of Sorrentos pizza.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

But they got rid  of my polish do🤔g

1 hour ago, 1980dory said:

Yes, but is the hot dog Kosher?  Sam's Club serves Hebrew National as I recall.   

it is a good dog

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes, but Costco has an 100% pure beef hot dog that doesn't have any by-products like corn syrup, phosphates, fillers, or artificial colors and flavors.  It has been $1.50 for the hot dog and 20 ounce refillable soda since 1985. You can't beat the price!  Sam's has the same price but a slightly smaller hot dog. 

very true one of the best deals 

Back to the thread Sams  Club Great place to buy Booze

Wil be doing that in PV when sailing the Nav

Edited by jonbgd
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jonbgd said:

it is a good dog

Costco's Kirkland brand booze is a good value as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

it is a good dog

Wil be doing that in PV when sailing the Nav

The hot dogs will only be Kosher .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

Costco's Kirkland brand booze is a good value as well. 

I agree

The funny thing Is you cant buy Kirkland Brand booze in Tx

11 hours ago, jonbgd said:

I agree

The funny thing Is you can't buy Kirkland Brand booze in Tx

You can't buy booze at all in any supermarket in NY. Only beer wine coolers and those vodka seltzer water drinks can be sold.  

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

You can't buy booze at all in any supermarket in NY. Only beer wine coolers and those vodka seltzer water drinks can be sold.  

Here in Florida, supermarkets and other licensed business establishments may sell beer, low-alcohol liquors, and wine. Liquor must be sold in dedicated liquor stores which may be in a separate part of a grocery or a drug store.

7 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Here in Florida, supermarkets and other licensed business establishments may sell beer, low-alcohol liquors, and wine. Liquor must be sold in dedicated liquor stores which may be in a separate part of a grocery or a drug store.

Yes I have purchased wine and liquor in Publix.  Is ABC wines a chain throughout Florida? There is one by my in-laws who live in Lake Worth.  They had a good price on Bulleit Rye but my wife refused to bring it home for me. I told her to put it in the checked bag like we do when we make a purchase on a cruise. She couldn't be bothered.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

Yes I have purchased wine and liquor in Publix.  Is ABC wines a chain throughout Florida? There is one by my in-laws who live in Lake Worth.  They had a good price on Bulleit Rye but my wife refused to bring it home for me. I told here to put it in the checked bag like we do when we make a purchase on a cruise. She couldn't be bothered.

Yes we have ABC and Total Wines.  Some supermarkets like Publix and Winn Dixie have separate liquor stores next to the supermarkets and also Walgreens and some other drug stores have the same. 

• Like 1

“We are re starting crewing from India on May 21st.   There will be enhanced protocols to ensure safety.   PCR test, 14 day quarantine, PCR test, Charter flight, PCR test, Vaccine, Quarantine and PCR test.   Hopefully these enhanced protocols will only be in place  for a short time as we all become vaccinated.   Other countries where the pandemic is surging will have same protocols.    FYI. Crew contracts will be lengthened during this period by 2 months.   All details will be presented to each crewmember before the journey begins.  Onwards and upwards team !” 

The above is from Micheal Bayley this morning ! 

And , I think the OP booking 16 cruises starting in Sept for a 12 month period is excessive considering he might not enjoy the experience with all the rules in place.  

I shop at Costco and our grocery stores sell liquor. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

At a Costco (yes here I go again about Costco) we visited near Fort Lauderdale they had a separate/attached liquor area with it's own outside entrance. It was the first time I had seen this set up. Very handy and you actually don't "have" to "have" a membership to purchase.....which is also true with prescriptions.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

At a Costco (yes here I go again about Costco) we visited near Fort Lauderdale they had a separate/attached liquor area with it's own outside entrance. It was the first time I had seen this set up. Very handy and you actually don't "have" to "have" a membership to purchase.....which is also true with prescriptions.

I think it's a Florida law to not need a membership. SAM'S is the same