Nassau transfer question.

Will be traveling on AOS on June 26th. Since it does not sound as if Royal is able to supply transfers to and from the airport is it just going to be a mad scramble for taxis or is their a service for this. Quite a distance from airport to the ship and I'm not too sure of the expense. Anyone had past experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, lynnemac said:

Will be traveling on AOS on June 26th. Since it does not sound as if Royal is able to supply transfers to and from the airport is it just going to be a mad scramble for taxis or is their a service for this. Quite a distance from airport to the ship and I'm not too sure of the expense. Anyone had past experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

Others have said they are now offering transfers. Might be worth calling air2sea

Not sure about direct from airport to cruise dock, but I can speak to normal city transit from airport to old downtown (a short walk to cruise ship). The bus was cheap and fairly nice but was definitely on "Island time" and had a ton of stops. It was more than OK for vacationing on the island for 2 weeks, but would not rely on it for a cruise. You definitely want to have something that is pre-arranged. 

I booked my own airfare so I hope they will offer them without their air purchase. I just checked and the rates have dropped again and my balcony is $300 less so I will call for difference to be applied as OBC since final payment has been made. I am so ready for a cruise!!  🏝️

Edited by Fritz Mom
spelling

We're also booked with transfers....

But I originally booked fly in and straight to the ship the same day.   Then the airline cancelled my flight and now I'm flying in a day early and staying at the Hilton.  

I'm assuming Royal will still drive me to the Hilton, even though it's a day early.  I have to check on that.

And Lynne, see you on board!!

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Did anyone get any times on when the transfers leave post-cruise? I realize that could till be TBD.

Most likely there will be a lot of busses / shuttles leaving at different times based on individual guest flight times

I have never used their transfers because I fly in the day before but with the late departure and Covid protocols I am arriving on the day of for cruise. I called RC and asked to book transfers and because I used TA and I was told they had to add the transfers. I booked my own airfare. I do hope this is simple.

Cancelled my transfers with Royal today....   Hired a private company to drive us to the Hilton by the port.  Cost the exact same thing!  

I haven't booked a return because I need some idea of when we'll get off the ship... waiting to see the times people report after the first sailing.  

Our flight home isn't until 6pm, so I'd like to hire someone to take us to a beach before taking us to the airport.  I just have no clue if we'll be off the boat by 9, 10, noon.  lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RCCL Fan said: 

Our flight home isn't until 6pm, so I'd like to hire someone to take us to a beach before taking us to the airport.  I just have no clue if we'll be off the boat by 9, 10, noon.  lol

I’m wondering what we will do on disembarkation day too. What do you plan to do with your luggage at the beach?

Have no knowledge of Nassau Hotel Day Rooms, as to if, which, or price.

But  just had a thought.

If one books a room for the night prior to disembarking, then “check in” on disembarkation day (advising the hotel in advance of the plan) with full use of the room and all the Hotel’s facilities until checkout.  Then if a longer stay is required, a late checkout, afternoon tea, dinner, while the hotel cares for luggage. Then leave for the airport.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

23 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

But  just had a thought.

If one books a room for the night prior to disembarking, then “check in” on disembarkation day (advising the hotel in advance of the plan) with full use of the room and all the Hotel’s facilities until checkout.  Then if a longer stay is required, a late checkout, afternoon tea, dinner, while the hotel cares for luggage. Then leave for the airport.

The British Colonial Hilton by the pier used to sell day passes, so that might still be an option.

Just FYI: the drive from airport to Hilton will be around 20 min depending on traffic.  There are taxi's hanging around ariport;  but if you want to book private; there a quite a few companies that provide it.  Like sandebeach mentioned above; Hilton used to have day rates.  They have pleasant beach and pool area.

On 5/11/2021 at 4:40 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

But  just had a thought.

That could get complicated. You would have to deal with the fact that you never checked in the day before when your reservation started and checkout time at the hotel is probably 10AM- or so. That doesn't help you. And you will probably arrive too early to check in for the night after you disembark. 

Day passes or a tour or a beach are probably the way to go. New Orleans port usually (or used to) has a set-up where you can send your luggage on to the airport and tour and pick it up before your flight. I don't know if Nassau has, or will ever something like that. But it is handy! :classic_smile:

And there must be others that will have the same situation with late flights. 

Edited by Coralc

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

That could get complicated. You would have to deal with the fact that you never checked in the day before when your reservation started and checkout time at the hotel is probably 10AM- or so. That doesn't help you. And you will probably arrive too early to check in for the night after you disembark. 

Day passes or a tour or a beach are probably the way to go. New Orleans port usually (or used to) has a set-up where you can send your luggage on to the airport and tour and pick it up before your flight. I don't know if Nassau has, or will ever something like that. But it is handy! :classic_smile:

And there must be others that will have the same situation with late flights. 

I agree, if you didn’t check in, you don’t have a room. You could book it for disembarkment day, check in, your room probably won’t be ready, but they’d take your luggage and most likely let you use the facilities. A lot of folks do this at comfort suites to be able to access Atlantis. There were several hotels with day passes before covid at around $100 pp.