3 hours ago, POA1 said:

Taking a crack for Limerick Day...

I wish that we'd get back to cruising.

The travel, sightseeing, and boozing.

We're all stuck at home,

But wish we could roam...

And make up for trips we are losing.

Pretty sure that I got the meter right.

I think you nailed the meter.  I used to try to write limericks, and had an English teacher who taught us to write them.

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Happy Wednesday,  friends!

Jacqui, I have an update on DH for the Care List. Yesterday, he had more MRIs of the brain. The two lesions detected two weeks ago have grown aggressively,  so the doctors are recommending five days of targeted intense radiation to shrink them to the point of elimination.  DH agrees, so the treatments will start tomorrow.  Prayers welcomed!!

Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear of the set back, but happy to know they are wasting no time treating it.   Prayers for a successful treatment.   

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

A few of our hostas are "hollow" in the center. Since this is our first spring in this house, we have no clue as to how long some of the plants have been in place. I don't want to move/split too many things yet - I probably need a season just to see what's what. 

I did plant Mitzi's three "Mother's Day" Korean lilacs yesterday and have been working on spreading Cocoa bean mulch. 

@rafinmd best wish for a good outcome on the 14th!

• Like 15

When I think of limericks, I remember this one:

There once was a lady from Niger

Who smiled as she rode on a tiger

They came back from the ride

With the lady inside

And the smile on the face of the tiger

• Like 13
  • Haha 7

Thank you for the reliable and friendly first "read" most morning!  Hopeful that our next HAL cruise includes Christmas Island (February, 2022 from San Diego), thanks for all of the pictures! 

• Like 14

52 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Jacqui, I have an update on DH for the Care List. Yesterday, he had more MRIs of the brain. The two lesions detected two weeks ago have grown aggressively,  so the doctors are recommending five days of targeted intense radiation to shrink them to the point of elimination.  DH agrees, so the treatments will start tomorrow.  Prayers welcomed!!

Thanks!

Sending prayers for a successful treatment.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NextOne said:

Thanks!

So sorry to learn about this latest development.  Sending positive thoughts for both of you.  So good they are on top of the situation and are acting quickly.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days (especially for Nurses) and quote. 

I like the meal (and Roy's) and drinks.  In college I liked to drink Zombies at the local tiki restaurant.

I haven't been to today's port. I will live vicariously through the pics of those who have been there.

It was cold here this morning (30's) but sunny and warming up to 61 later. But another overnight frost advisory. Hopefully the last one!

I have my CT scan later today. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to go as I felt chilled and had a low grade temperature yesterday. But everything's good today, temperature is normal, and I've been double masked whenever I went any where even with being fully vaccinated. 

@kplady Belated Happy Birthday!

@57redbird I'm glad your DH's surgery went well. It's great he has a live in Ortho nurse 😉.

@kazu Thanks for our care and celebration lists.

@summer slope Great news on the family visit this summer.

@NextOne Prayers for your DH that the radiation does the trick.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great pics!

@rafinmd Wishing you the best outcome and recovery.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list. 

Stay safe everyone.

My hostas are coming along, despite the cold temps.

Hostas.thumb.JPG.a43422d64b455d8067bb55a6e59dafd6.JPG

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I have my CT scan later today. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to go as I felt chilled and had a low grade temperature yesterday. But everything's good today, temperature is normal, and I've been double masked whenever I went any where even with being fully vaccinated. 

Good luck!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

As it is Limerick day, I put pen to paper (remember when you actually would write on paper??) and came up with this......

Sending best wishes to Roy,

May his recovery bring him some joy,

Meanwhile thankyou,

For the work by kazu,

But we still need you back soon again, boy!

That is great, well done.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, POA1 said:

Taking a crack for Limerick Day...

I wish that we'd get back to cruising.

The travel, sightseeing, and boozing.

We're all stuck at home,

But wish we could roam...

And make up for trips we are losing.

Pretty sure that I got the meter right.

Thank you, POA1 for a limerick that captures our thoughts EXACTLY!!!

• Like 11

Just now, lcand1923 said:

Thank you, POA1 for a limerick that captures our thoughts EXACTLY!!!

You're welcome. I sometimes think in rhyme. It may be hereditary as my grandfather on my mother's side was always doing verse on the fly.

When writing up limericks on travel,

I oft times will ramble and babble.

But it could be worse,

Like like awful free verse,

And other such poems for the rabble.

What are the odds of my getting into a tiff with a free verse afficiando?

• Like 22
  • Haha 3

It’s hard to believe that our only visit to Christmas Island was 26 years ago while on a Princess cruise.  Although I had a camera, I didn’t take it ashore because we were going snorkeling.  Based on information from a fellow passenger, we learned that a local would take us by boat to a great snorkeling area.  As we were walking down the road trying to figure out where the boat was, someone in a pickup truck asked us where we were going.  My brother-in-law explained we were looking for the snorkeling guy.  The driver told us to hop in the back of the truck and he would take us to the meeting place.  We were dropped off in the middle of no where and told to wait for the boat to arrive.  After several minutes standing along the shore, we saw a boat approaching.  One other snorkeler was already on the boat.  We climbed aboard the outrigger boat and off we went.

After about 30 minutes, we were dropped off at a beach (we thought the original meeting point was in the middle of no where, but this beach was really really in the middle of no where).  Just as the boat was coming to the beach, Mother Nature decided to welcome us with rain.  After we got off the boat, the local boat driver told us he would return in an hour.  At that point, the other snorkeler who had been on the boat when we were picked up, decided she had had enough fun for the day and got back on the boat.

As we held towels over our heads to ward off the rain, we watched the boat leave us.  At that point, we all began thinking what in the world were we doing here.  If that boat didn’t return, we would be castaways with nothing but towels and snorkeling gear.  After deciding it was too early to panic and because we were already getting wet from the rain, we decided to start snorkeling.  The reef was close to the surface and proved to be an excellent snorkeling area.  

After returning to the beach, we only waited a few minutes when we saw the returning boat that was to take us back to civilization.  The rest of the day was uneventful except our tender at the dock was trying to sink.  Seems an engine cooling hose had developed a leak and water was being pumped into the bilge.  Fortunately, they figured out the problem before the tender actually sank.  The ship, which sent another tender for the remaining passengers, was delayed while the disabled tender was repaired.

Our day at Christmas Island will forever remain one of our most memorable stops while cruising!

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

When I think of limericks, I remember this one:

There once was a lady from Niger

Who smiled as she rode on a tiger

They came back from the ride

With the lady inside

And the smile on the face of the tiger

An old favorite.

• Like 6

Good morning again.  Our weird weather is continuing.  It was 51F this morning and the predicted high for today is 65F, about 15-20 degrees below normal (if there still is a normal), with clouds and wind.  It will start warming up beginning tomorrow, and should be in the upper 70s into the 80s after that with a chance of thunderstorms everyday starting Saturday -- more like our "normal" spring weather.

We just looked at the video of our first visit to Christmas Island, and while DH did get pictures of the sunset, they were not good enough for a screen shot, as he had to zoom out too far.  For those who did not get my reference to the school bus on Christmas Island and being able to see the road as you passed over it, the floor had a lot of places that had rusted through.  You had to watch where you put your feet.  Maybe that is why is was not in use ten years later.  😁 

I'm not sure we should be celebrating chronic fatigue syndrome, but it does deserve recognition.  Nurses everywhere do deserve celebrating and our gratitude for the hard work they do.  I've always like limericks.

Like today's quote, and the second part is always worth a try.  You might get lucky.  🤣 🍀

@kazu  Great start with taking over the lists for @rafinmd Roy.

@summer slope  Glad you have a family visit to look forward to in your future. 👍

@cat shepard  I agree that Bindi would enjoy daycare more than the roofers.  

@StLouisCruisers  Glad your DGS will get his first shot Monday.  Hope his team does well this weekend.

@JazzyV  Hope your CT scan finds the problem and that it is an easy fix.

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, Mtn2Sea said:

It’s hard to believe that our only visit to Christmas Island was 26 years ago while on a Princess cruise.  Although I had a camera, I didn’t take it ashore because we were going snorkeling.  Based on information from a fellow passenger, we learned that a local would take us by boat to a great snorkeling area.  As we were walking down the road trying to figure out where the boat was, someone in a pickup truck asked us where we were going.  My brother-in-law explained we were looking for the snorkeling guy.  The driver told us to hop in the back of the truck and he would take us to the meeting place.  We were dropped off in the middle of no where and told to wait for the boat to arrive.  After several minutes standing along the shore, we saw a boat approaching.  One other snorkeler was already on the boat.  We climbed aboard the outrigger boat and off we went.

After about 30 minutes, we were dropped off at a beach (we thought the original meeting point was in the middle of no where, but this beach was really really in the middle of no where).  Just as the boat was coming to the beach, Mother Nature decided to welcome us with rain.  After we got off the boat, the local boat driver told us he would return in an hour.  At that point, the other snorkeler who had been on the boat when we were picked up, decided she had had enough fun for the day and got back on the boat.

As we held towels over our heads to ward off the rain, we watched the boat leave us.  At that point, we all began thinking what in the world were we doing here.  If that boat didn’t return, we would be castaways with nothing but towels and snorkeling gear.  After deciding it was too early to panic and because we were already getting wet from the rain, we decided to start snorkeling.  The reef was close to the surface and proved to be an excellent snorkeling area.  

After returning to the beach, we only waited a few minutes when we saw the returning boat that was to take us back to civilization.  The rest of the day was uneventful except our tender at the dock was trying to sink.  Seems an engine cooling hose had developed a leak and water was being pumped into the bilge.  Fortunately, they figured out the problem before the tender actually sank.  The ship, which sent another tender for the remaining passengers, was delayed while the disabled tender was repaired.

Our day at Christmas Island will forever remain one of our most memorable stops while cruising!

Thank you for telling us the story of your visit to Christmas Island!  Quite enjoyable!

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Mtn2Sea said:

Enjoyed your story about the snorkeling adventure, and glad you found the right place.

In 1997, after our island tour, we found a boat at the beach to take us to another island to snorkel.  Once we were at the island, we asked where the snorkeling area was, and he pointed to the other side of the island with just very vague directions.

We set off to where we thought he had pointed, but once there, it was not a good place to snorkel.  In our hour or so before he returned to pick us up, we trudged around the island, but never found the snorkeling beach, and barely made it back in time to be picked up by the boat.  Even though we did not get in the water, we did get wet from the afternoon tropical rain.

Remembering that experience, we did not even think about snorkeling when we were there in 2007.

Lenda

• Like 14

Good morning and thanks all!  A special shout out to Jacqui for stepping up!  
Prayers for Roy, next ones DH,  and VMaxx DW!  Hope all the coming treatments help!  I know the hormone therapy is very difficult.  
Ds had no major effects from the Pfizer, just a bit of a sore arm, thankfully.  

2AC24FB3-0404-4B04-9FAB-07BDD80234E8.jpeg

• Like 21

3 hours ago, NextOne said:

Thanks!

🙏  Prayers for strength and healing.

• Like 8

Thinking of you,  @JazzyV Vanessa, as you get your eye scan.  You're probably well into it already, as it's later where you are, but thinking of you nonetheless.  That stuff is scary and a bit lonely.  Fingers crossed and prayers that it's quick, friendly, and shows no significant findings.

🌺   🌻   🌸

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

A few of our hostas are "hollow" in the center. Since this is our first spring in this house, we have no clue as to how long some of the plants have been in place. I don't want to move/split too many things yet - I probably need a season just to see what's what. 

I did plant Mitzi's three "Mother's Day" Korean lilacs yesterday and have been working on spreading Cocoa bean mulch. 

@rafinmd best wish for a good outcome on the 14th!

I enjoy cocoa bean mulch.  It is so fragrant and reminds me of growing up in Hershey, PA.

• Like 9

Good Afternoon All, thanks for the daily report.  Fajitas sound good for dinner but we will be having pork chops.  The best fajitas I’ve had were in Oswego, NY the spices they use are fantastic.  Tomorrow is second dose day and I’m surprised that I haven’t received a reminder email or text.  At least I have the original booking email and the time blocked off my work calendar.

River was enjoying the sunshine today.  The metal work came from a stop in Charlottetown.

image.thumb.png.fbe42f50b91ff1c6bbbab21cdd400ce3.png

• Like 18

@kplady Happy Belated Birthday!  I hope your day was extra special!

@NextOne My heart goes out to you and DH.  Praying for a quick treatment!  You both are always in my thoughts....  we have a cruise to go on in October 2022!

@JazzyV I hope your scan shows what your eye problem might be.  Eyes are the windows to our bodies...  (not just our souls), so much can be found through eye problems.

@garlictown I get so excited when you post, you are always so upbeat and optimistic.  I'm thinking and praying for you every day.  I hope you are healing fast and without very much pain.

@57redbird Good to hear DH recovery is progressing.  I'm sure you will be a great at home nurse after all your experience. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2