NEW CDC ... NO MASKS NEEDED FOR VACCINATED PERSONS ??

27 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wrote an autobiographical story about myself on line for a major publication. The Publisher told me that his Editor would have to review what I wrote before it could appear .If you were to read it you would think that it was written by a second grader . I have a copy of the story I submitted.I have not told anyone about my story being on line.

I am not implying that every Editor would do the same thing but it happened.If it will make you happy for me to say that I am wrong in our little debate then fine.

I give up.  Bye.

43 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 2014 I was diagnosed with Parkinsons and it is getting worse every day.In 2015 I had a bone marrow biopsy because two of my doctors believed that I might have leukemia.I was on the border line and I am re-tested every 6 months by my Oncologist.In 2016 I was diagnosed with early dementia .I also have chronic venous insufficiency,phlebitis and cellulitis .I have had Sleep Apnea for 15 years,Ulcerative Colitis for 14 years,Fuchs Dystrophy for 10 years,a hole in my right retina,spinal stenosis and several other medical problems.If I get Covid I will not survive.

In January 2020 I was begging my doctors to put me in hospice.I had 2 surgeries during the pandemic that were not successful yet I am still alive.I am not a religious person but there has to be a reason for me still to be on earth.My wife has to do everything for me except post on CC .

Truly amazing sir and there definitely is a reason.  My prayers go to you and your wife.  Hopefully we will all meet one day on a cruise ship safely.  Please do not listen to some of the comments or respond to them.  I can be as caustic and sarcastic as the best of them but your situation hits home with me as I lost my dad 2 years ago today.  I too would never have let him go out let alone a cruise due to his multiple health issues.  Thank you for sharing and for your humility.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

When people talk about mask-wearing in Asia, it is usually evident that they have never lived there. I lived in Taiwan for several years and routinely traveled to Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand. While cloth masks are an every-day item sold at the local 7-Eleven for about the equivalent of US$1, they are for smog, not viruses. Everyone has 3 or 4 of them stuck in the seat of their scooter. Prior to Covid, if you saw someone wearing a medical mask it meant they were sick or thought they may be sick (since many will still go to work when sick). Of course there was some government mandated mask wearing when Covid appeared, but generally speaking wearing a mask inside is considered impolite (kind of like wearing shoes in the house). Talking to my in-laws in Taipei, things are pretty much back to normal (and few indoor masks in one of the largest and most crowded cities in the world).    

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, ToroAzul said:

So will maskers mask anyway since they were masking before they were told okay not to mask?

I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will still mask up, especially if they have an immune compromised system where the vaccines dont work on them for many different reasons.

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will still mask up, especially if they have an immune compromised system where the vaccines dont work on them for many different reasons.

If that's the case, they probably shouldn't cruise, wouldn't you think?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Fair point

5 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

This has been my argument from the beginning: If you are too scared to cruise, don't cruise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

They are probably safer getting on a cruise with other vaccinated passengers then walking into a store with unvaccinated wearing no masks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Yeah I am watching the game now , he was vaccinated and had COVID-19 and still he got Covid again , not encouraging, but at least now with vaccines people are not getting that sick and not dying. 

You can possibly show an active Covid test after exposure from someone shedding the virus. It may take your immune system a while to get rid of it. 

You can absolutely get re-infected with covid after having it once! I have coworkers who had that happen. They are asymptomatic, but still. Same with vaccinated people. We had coworkers who were vaccinated, their whole family was not. They got the asymptomatic version, their other family members were not so lucky, some were hospitalized and died from it.  Two of the nurses at my work were ventilated, one coded and died, and was brought back. They're still recovering 6 months later and one of them can't work yet. For the most part, the vaccinations will protect you but they aren't perfect, and if you're asymptomatic you can infect others who may not have been able to get the vaccine which is the scary part. Hopefully enough people get vaccinated that it protects those people who are unable to get vaccines like we have done with other diseases. 

I will most likely continue to wear a mask on airplanes and in crowded situations on board a ship,  pretty much permanently.  For the last several years I have come home with a respiratory infection almost every time we cruise. Nothing serious until last year when I got pneumonia.  I would just like to not get sick with (as another CruiseCritic member so aptly words it:) "lung rot".

• Like 5

Can we just stop arguing back and forth? It is so immature and serves no purpose. We all have our own issues that we don’t need to discuss on a public forum. What’s the point? Go to Floataway Lounge if you all need to banter back and forth, but some posters have really legit information, and not just media rhetoric. 

I have refrained for the most part from posting on these Covid type threads because of this nasty bantering. Seriously, does it make anyone feel better being keyboard warriors? 

Most of us are interested in cruising again, so all this other poop is just that, poop.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

Truly amazing sir and there definitely is a reason.  My prayers go to you and your wife.  Hopefully we will all meet one day on a cruise ship safely.  Please do not listen to some of the comments or respond to them.  I can be as caustic and sarcastic as the best of them but your situation hits home with me as I lost my dad 2 years ago today.  I too would never have let him go out let alone a cruise due to his multiple health issues.  Thank you for sharing and for your humility.

Thank you very much

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am not a religious person but there has to be a reason for me still to be on earth

Oh there is most definitely a reason. I am a woman of faith, not religion and I'll be praying for you Lenny.  I can't accomplish much but God can.  Bless you real good.

7 hours ago, sandebeach said:

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky detailed the announcement at a White House briefing.

"Anyone who is fully vaccinated can participate in indoor and outdoor activities, large or small, without wearing a mask or physical distancing," she said. "If you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing the things that you had stopped doing because of the pandemic.

"We have all longed for this moment when we can get back to some sense of normalcy," she said.

The announcement comes after Walensky faced criticism for the CDC being too slow to provide a path back to normalcy for fully vaccinated people, over 117 million of whom are in the U.S. Walensky has defended the CDC's approach as scientifically-based to ensure protection not just for individuals but also the entire U.S. population.

Damn it. There goes my online mask business. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

Oh there is most definitely a reason. I am a woman of faith, not religion and I'll be praying for you Lenny.  I can't accomplish much but God can.  Bless you real good.

I have posted the following once before on CC.My wife and I had an elderly friend who lived alone but with her dog.She lived about an hour away and once a week we brought her food .One day we arrived at her house,rang the bell but she did not answer.We could not imagine we she could be as she never left the house.We had keys to the front door and I said we should go in.My wife said if she was home the dog would bark.An elderly man walked toward us and said he belongs to her church and people call her every day but she did not answer that morning.He said he was a retired police officer and would go in with us.We found her alive at the foot of a flight of steps with her dog beside her.The man called 911 and when they arrived he told the EMT’s that I saved her life.They took her to a hospital and we went there every day to be with her.People have told me that was meant to be ,that I would find her.Unfortunately she passed away 11 months afterward.

p

8 hours ago, ToroAzul said:

Two weeks to flatten the curve. Jokes on them, I haven't been wearing a mask for 13 months.

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Interesting, you may have had Covid and not know it and spread it to 100 people. Nice!

Selfish people don’t care about such things. It’s all about me, me and more of me. Him and others like that helped prolong the situation. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1