DeSantis is OK with NCL leaving Florida

coaster

16 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

I've been on a number of cruise and, quite honestly, I don't remember seeing any kids.  I'm sure they were there, but it's just not going to be a profit driver; especially when they stay free in their parents room but still consume food, space, etc.  We'll soon see how fast the Bliss books.  As of today, the prices are still the same as when I booked over a week ago, so it doesn't look like a stampede (yet).

The stow them in them there kids clubs.  LOL  Honestly, I see them, but I am not out there looking for them.  If they were a drink, I would pay more attention.

• Haha 2

FDR has been vehement about 100% COVID vaccines.  Desantis?  His staff just told Royal they wouldn’t stand in their way to embark from FL.  So, that means if they require COVID vaccines, they’ll have to seek proof, regardless if it’s 95%-98% or 100%.

So, FL is twisting in the wind with how the cruise companies can sail out of their ports.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I hope that we can disagree and remain friendly. I disagree on two accounts, but maybe you and i can start a drink tally in the event we ever cruise together. I think children are a huge market draw. Maybe not the kids themselves, but parents of kids spend lots of money. Second- I’m thinking of sailing on the Bliss in Sept or October. I’m betting prices decrease significantly from what they are today. Time will tell, but let’s make a friendly drink wager. Of course, with the drink package there isn’t much at stake 🙂

I'm guessing that kids are more of a variable during the summer months when they are out of school.  That said, we'll drink to whatever turns out to be the truth.  Heck, we'll likely just drink regardless.....  I can now safely drink on a ship because they have strict policies that keep me far away from the control room.  @texasaggies @HBCcruiser @CptBoatface @HuliHuli @oteixeira@Sailing12Away @BoozinCroozinwill understand that "joke."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

The stow them in them there kids clubs.  LOL  Honestly, I see them, but I am not out there looking for them.  If they were a drink, I would pay more attention.

Yep.  Come to think of it, on one cruise I was taking my mandatory afternoon nap (had nothing to do with the 24oz New Castles that they served in that Irish pub for lunch), and I distinctly heard the repeated patter of little angels feet.  Turns out, there was some kids corral directly above our room   On a cruise, it's all good!!  If you can't see it, than you left the pub too soon.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

FDR has been vehement about 100% COVID vaccines.  Desantis?  His staff just told Royal they wouldn’t stand in their way to embark from FL.  So, that means if they require COVID vaccines, they’ll have to seek proof, regardless if it’s 95%-98% or 100%.

So, FL is twisting in the wind with how the cruise companies can sail out of their ports.

Del Rio today on 100% vaccinations...

"We're going to do it until we don't have to anymore, but for the time being, that's what we're going to do"

Frank actually being vehement...

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/04/05/norwegian-cruise-line-ceo-time-to-get-back-to-cruising.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CroozFanatic said:

Del Rio today on 100% vaccinations...

"We're going to do it until we don't have to anymore, but for the time being, that's what we're going to do"

Frank actually being vehement...

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/04/05/norwegian-cruise-line-ceo-time-to-get-back-to-cruising.html

I think I love you 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

24 hour O’Sheehans and District Brew house..... two of the best concepts at sea. 

Absolutely!  Although, it seems like the 24 hour O'Sheehans was really more like 18.  I think I visited in the middle of the night one time and the "service" consisted of a help-yourself pot of hot coffee.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

Absolutely!  Although, it seems like the 24 hour O'Sheehans was really more like 18.  I think I visited in the middle of the night one time and the "service" consisted of a help-yourself pot of hot coffee.

Thai chili wings and Guinness - two key food groups for the dedicated cruiser.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Omg... my mouth is watering. The Thai wings are sooo good at 2:00 am 

Guinness is my preference, although I only remember one or two NCL ships that had it.  New Castle is a reasonable compromise for a brown ale.

I wonder if DeSantis will show the same venin towards RCL as he did to NCL over the vaccination requirement.  Presumably RCL won't be able to sail out of FL either, due to his ridiculous political posturing.  Our pro-business, pro-job governor seems to be more interested in maintaining his tough guy image than doing what's right for FL businesses and workers.   

• Like 4

10 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

Maybe some  of us did!!

I know I did. We had a "special" bar in our neighborhood that all of us high schoolers went to because they didn't card. Hmmm...maybe that's how it got started for me (the binge drinking).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I hope that we can disagree and remain friendly. I disagree on two accounts, but maybe you and i can start a drink tally in the event we ever cruise together. I think children are a huge market draw. Maybe not the kids themselves, but parents of kids spend lots of money. Second- I’m thinking of sailing on the Bliss in Sept or October. I’m betting prices decrease significantly from what they are today. Time will tell, but let’s make a friendly drink wager. Of course, with the drink package there isn’t much at stake 🙂

You've got a lot of "rodents" who are fans of yours. You are definitely "rodent pack" material. Come join us! Just shoot me an e-mail at; martycp60@gmail.com

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, wdsted said:

Our pro-business, pro-job governor seems to be more interested in maintaining his tough guy image than doing what's right for FL businesses and workers. 

What, by keeping his state business's open while governors of many other states kept them locked down?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, wdsted said:

Our pro-business, pro-job governor seems to be more interested in maintaining his tough guy image than doing what's right for FL businesses and workers.   

RCL has just received permission to start test cruises, which means they are not going to be totally vaccinated.

Again, the State of Florida has not prevented one cruise from sailing.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, wdsted said:

I wonder if DeSantis will show the same venin towards RCL as he did to NCL over the vaccination requirement.  Presumably RCL won't be able to sail out of FL either, due to his ridiculous political posturing.  Our pro-business, pro-job governor seems to be more interested in maintaining his tough guy image than doing what's right for FL businesses and workers.   

Throw out the politics and imagine it's a poker game. Who do you think has the stronger hand?

I live in Orlando. The job market and housing market are both on fire. Frank made $34 million last year, if he gets fired, I'll bet the next best job he can get won't pay even $1 million/year.

Frank eats crow, but I don't know how.

17 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I agree. I also think NCL will be allowed to require 100% vaccines, and Desantis will back down!

DeSantis will not back down ! He will declare victory, make a strategic adjustment and move on . His fans will never notice .

12 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

I've been on a number of cruise and, quite honestly, I don't remember seeing any kids.  I'm sure they were there, but it's just not going to be a profit driver; especially when they stay free in their parents room but still consume food, space, etc.  We'll soon see how fast the Bliss books.  As of today, the prices are still the same as when I booked over a week ago, so it doesn't look like a stampede (yet).

Timing . It's all about timing with kids . I have multiple cruises with tons of kids on board and only once was it an issue and that was on Carnival .