Princess releases COVID-19 Risk Acceptance Form

HBCcruiser

12 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

A person that has been vaccinated can catch the covid19. However, they will not be affected by it. They can however pass it on to others.

Most will not be affected, but some will and some will be hospitalized and some (a very small number) will die from it.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Most will not be affected, but some will and some will be hospitalized and some (a very small number) will die from it.

True, but one could say the same if one drinks coffee or takes a daily aspirin.  Heck even driving to a cruise port... but most of us will do it without much of a second thought.   Just adding some perspective.

• Like 2

Personally. I am tired of the daily reports on how many got infected, how many got hospitalized and how many died. What good does it do? None! What if they talked about heart disease in the same way every day? Every day in the paper. My city showing the same. The local news saying the same for our state. WHY? 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Personally. I am tired of the daily reports on how many got infected, how many got hospitalized and how many died. What good does it do? None! What if they talked about heart disease in the same way every day? Every day in the paper. My city showing the same. The local news saying the same for our state. WHY? 

Someone with heart disease is not going to give you heart disease, no matter how much close contact you have with that person.

Nearly 600,000 Americans have died from being close to someone who gave them Covid-19.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Here are the pertinent slides regarding the risk assessment document from today's webinar - should be self explanatory.

image.png.d439bcd949a994844c969fca0a6ceafd.png

image.png.5083318cf47b916a5edf9a538619b7dd.png

image.png.8e05a799b63a3f55663d1e2cb28fb860.png

This says June 3rd but it's not working for my August 8th cruise.

image.png.1b93d9c809b675f1cbe4eee669e41e17.png

MUST have a Smartphone / tablet for this

image.png.db5ef2b8a684b41eb4c616abd5d39924.png

image.png.04895ff9d4354ac62bf447bbe799fd3e.png

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Here are the pertinent slides regarding the risk assessment document from today's webinar - should be self explanatory.

Thanks.

Do you have a link to the webinar replay?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

wonder how you confirm thru the medallion app if you dont have a phone

Based on today’s webinar it can only be done through the MC app & not even on a computer. They recommended using the app on a friend’s smart device (phone or tablet) and if not to call Princess to seek a solution.

The app must also be used for Vaccination Attestation to prove you’re fully vaccinated before the cruise & if not done would be denied boarding. Again call Princess to attempt to accomplish it without using a smart device MC app.

C8E856EA-2EB8-4EA0-9C03-C77AAE72DA96.png

On 6/2/2021 at 11:24 AM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

A person that has been vaccinated can catch the covid19. However, they will not be effected by it. They can however pass it on to others.

I don't know why you continue to bang on this scaremongering drum. While technically you are correct, you always leave out that vaccinated people who do carry the COVID-19 virus expel such a small amount of the virus, the chances of someone becoming infected from a vaccinated person are so low, the CDC does not require vaccinated people to wear masks. This is a non-issue.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, beg3yrs said:

I don't know why you continue to bang on this scaremongering drum. While technically you are correct, you always leave out that vaccinated people who do carry the COVID-19 virus expel such a small amount of the virus, the chances of someone becoming infected from a vaccinated person are so low, the CDC does not require vaccinated people to wear masks. This is a non-issue.

Sometime it is best to just ignore people like Always Cruzin.

1 minute ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Always Cruzin has many good posts and makes some good points. It's just this particular statement, which has been made on other threads as well, doesn't really help anybody and actually detracts from the conversation. Always Cruzin is allowed to have fears and concerns but after being "edjumacated" several times should put this particular drum back in the music room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

I also heard they are revamping the tier system. They need to up the number of cruises/credits for the top tier. That should follow the new cruise contract.

Like they could call it Super Elite? I agree, Elite is almost a  non event these days, on some of these 107 day world cruises, Sydney-Sydney, 75% of the ship is Elite, limiting the complimentary laundry to a bag every 3 or 4 days (which IMO is adequate anyway) and a 3 or 4 day turnaround due to volume. Also Elites on such voyages have to go to a special lounge and pick up a tender ticket, not just descend the stairs and show ye olde Black Card !!

Edited by NSWP

12 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Why? Because you do not like the truth? What have I said that upsets you? If you think what I say is not correct. I suggest you go look it up for yourself. I only say what I read not what I guess to be true. Like so many others.

12 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Always Cruzin has many good posts and makes some good points. It's just this particular statement, which has been made on other threads as well, doesn't really help anybody and actually detracts from the conversation. Always Cruzin is allowed to have fears and concerns but after being "edjumacated" several times should put this particular drum back in the music room.

Spit it out. What did I say that you do not agree with?

18 hours ago, caribill said:

Someone with heart disease is not going to give you heart disease, no matter how much close contact you have with that person.

Nearly 600,000 Americans have died from being close to someone who gave them Covid-19.

What does that have to do with hearing it day in and day out? I am saying nothing more than I do not want to hear how many day after day. What good is that doing? Is it maybe getting many upset and scared? Probably. So how does that help?

7 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Spit it out. What did I say that you do not agree with?

It's not what you write, it's what you leave out. You make a statement like, and I'm paraphrasing here, 'vaccinated people can get infected and spread the virus'. You don't provide any context nor do you say how likely something like that is to happen. On its face, the statement is factually correct but it doesn't provide the reader with enough information to make an informed decision. Letting the reader know how unlikely this event is would be sufficient. So, without that, the reader may decide that if it was important enough for the statement to be made, the likelihood of that event occurring must be high enough or serious enough to decide on a course of action (like not cruising) when an alternate choice might have been made if the reader had more information.

Purposefully leaving out important information multiple times (you've done this on other threads) indicates there's an agenda behind this behavior. So, what's your agenda here? Spit it out! 😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I also heard they are revamping the tier system. They need to up the number of cruises/credits for the top tier. That should follow the new cruise contract.

We have heard this for the past 10 years!  I wish they would eliminate credits and go strictly with sea days.  We have been on many cruises where 75% of the ship have been Elite.  We keep hoping for this to change, but I have my doubts that it will???

Edited by LACruiser88

10 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We have heard this for the past 10 years!  I wish they would eliminate credits and go strictly with sea days.  We have been on many cruises where 75% of the ship have been Elite.  We keep hoping for this to change, but I have my doubts that it will???

is 75 percent good or bad?