CDC gives Celebrity the approval to start in June

ipeeinthepool

45 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Why wouldn’t the ‘point of entry’ be when the ship enters Bahamian waters with the intent of anchoring or going to the dock to let people (anyone) go ashore?  

14 minutes ago, Babr said:

If I remember correctly, people without proper documentation of yellow fever vaccines were denied boarding for an Amazon cruise because the ship could not enter the ports if everyone did not meet the requirement. In other words, they could not just go along for the ride and stay on the ship. Perhaps someone with more recent experience can clarify.

I don’t know if the same rule would be applied with Covid.

The same applies to visas. A few years ago, a foreign student studying on a visa in the US booked an Alaskan cruise out of Seattle with a stop in Victoria. When he arrived at embarkation, he was asked for his passport and his visa for entry to Canada, which he hadn't acquired. He offered to stay aboard the ship while in Victoria, but was advised that the ship would not be able to enter port unless everyone aboard met the Canadian entry requirements. He was denied boarding.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Why wouldn’t the ‘point of entry’ be when the ship enters Bahamian waters with the intent of anchoring or going to the dock to let people (anyone) go ashore?  

Because that's simply not how customs works.  I have stepped foot in Canada without ever legally entering Canada.  I merely stayed in the international portion of the terminal without going through Canadian immigration. 

Likewise, I can sail into Canada today along the border with Michigan.  Simply being in Canadian waters doesn't matter.   It's when I leave my boat for Canadian shores that I must report my entry.  

It's implausible that celebrity saying 95% means that if 1 person boarding has a medical contraindication to vaccines means that the Bahamas will not even let the ship dock. 

7 minutes ago, D C said:

Because that's simply not how customs works.  I have stepped foot in Canada without ever legally entering Canada.  I merely stayed in the international portion of the terminal without going through Canadian immigration. 

Likewise, I can sail into Canada today along the border with Michigan.  Simply being in Canadian waters doesn't matter.   It's when I leave my boat for Canadian shores that I must report my entry.  

It's implausible that celebrity saying 95% means that if 1 person boarding has a medical contraindication to vaccines means that the Bahamas will not even let the ship dock. 

Let’s not forget about the paperwork/documentation and the intent of what is being or might be done When you land in Toronto enroute from Europe to the United States, you have a passport.  When you’re in your boat on the St. Clair River and cross over the border, you did so with no intention of landing or docking in Sarnia to pick up some Canadian beer.

Ships embark people with all the necessary documents for clearing into a port with the expectation that anybody may wish to go ashore.  There aren’t groups of people treated specially.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, D C said:

Not entirely so, as there are other conditions under which you are obliged to report, other than coming ashore. I suggest that you read the reporting requirements, which includes the following:

Foreign national boaters

If you enter Canadian waters, you are not required to present yourself and report your goods to the CBSA if you:

• do not land on Canadian soil and do not anchor, moor or make contact with another conveyance while in Canadian waters
  • do not embark or disembark people or goods in Canada

If at any point during the transit you come to port, anchor, moor or make contact with another vessel, you must report to the CBSA immediately.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 7:46 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

They will find a solution.  Guaranteed.  Nothing to worry about.

Is this the week we can all start to get excited that all the drama will be resolved and we can officially start planning to go on a fully vaccinated cruise from Ft Lauderdale starting the end of June?? 😎

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Is this the week we can all start to get excited that all the drama will be resolved and we can officially start planning to go on a fully vaccinated cruise from Ft Lauderdale starting the end of June?? 😎

I certainly hope so.  However all of the schedules may not be released this week.  They don't want to overwhelm the reservation system with all of the changes at once.

• Like 1

I contacted a private "resort" on Costa Maya to see if they would be ready for the June Edge stop. The proprietor said that they were working to get their employees back and making ready but had some doubts about the port being staffed...............and that "X" might limit shore excursions to only their offerings. I hope that there will be clarification this week as to passengers being able to disembark the ship and tour on their own.

11 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I certainly hope so.  However all of the schedules may not be released this week.  They don't want to overwhelm the reservation system with all of the changes at once.

Just curious....do you have any info (reliable intel...;) ) that the dates/itineraries will change for the June/July/August sailings?  I booked Edge for July 31 because out of all the cruise lines, Celebrity has been the most consistent and on point as to what they're doing and what you need to do to board.  Different matter with some of the ports.  But, that's out of Celebrity's control.

32 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Just curious....do you have any info (reliable intel...;) ) that the dates/itineraries will change for the June/July/August sailings?  I booked Edge for July 31 because out of all the cruise lines, Celebrity has been the most consistent and on point as to what they're doing and what you need to do to board.  Different matter with some of the ports.  But, that's out of Celebrity's control.

I don't have any inside information on your question.  However I think they fairly certain about the dates for the 1-week cruises on the Edge, however I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see changes to itineraries for at least the next 6 - 12 months as things get settled down in all of the ports.  We should learn more about the sailings for 1 or more additional ships this week.  I continue to be concerned that they will sail itineraries longer than 7 days before November.  I know they are allowing B2B cruises, but I haven't seen anything that indicates the CDC has relaxed the 7-day requirement.

Just booked the Edge for the July 17th sailing. Hoping to hear more about health and safety protocols soon. It will be interesting to hear back once the Millennium sails on Saturday. I know that are sailing from St Marten but it will just be nice to see how they are doing things. For our cruise there are only 2 excursions listed for St Thomas. I’m hoping they add more or we will be allowed to explore on our own.

11 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Just booked the Edge for the July 17th sailing. Hoping to hear more about health and safety protocols soon. It will be interesting to hear back once the Millennium sails on Saturday. I know that are sailing from St Marten but it will just be nice to see how they are doing things. For our cruise there are only 2 excursions listed for St Thomas. I’m hoping they add more or we will be allowed to explore on our own.

We are booked on the Edge for 6/26 & 7/3 & 7/10 - will report back our impressions. Stay tuned!!!!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

We will see you there. Just look for the person with 5he big smile 

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Would be very surprised if Edge dates change. Itineraries could get adjusted here and there. Equinox could likely see some additional adjustments since the July 18th date was floated then quickly pulled back. The weekly update call for this week has been canceled with no info on a placement date and time. 

12 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Equinox could likely see some additional adjustments since the July 18th date was floated then quickly pulled back. 

Do you think it would be pushed back, not earlier? We're booked on the Equinox on 7/11 and it's so frustrating because we want to switch to the Edge since it's seemingly guaranteed, but Celebrity is still waiting to announce. 

11 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Do you think it would be pushed back, not earlier? We're booked on the Equinox on 7/11 and it's so frustrating because we want to switch to the Edge since it's seemingly guaranteed, but Celebrity is still waiting to announce. 

I'm really not sure. Most of the focus has been on Edge so far. I can't tell but I don't think Equinox has begun to crew up yet either. Edge had a ton of social media posts but Equinox hasn't had much at all.

I have a feeling the weekly updates will be reigned in or restricted quite a bit too since last week's call hit the press and some statements were taken out of context. 

48 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Would be very surprised if Edge dates change. Itineraries could get adjusted here and there. Equinox could likely see some additional adjustments since the July 18th date was floated then quickly pulled back. The weekly update call for this week has been canceled with no info on a placement date and time. 

I just saw that.  That's disappointing.  Rescheduled for next Tuesday.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Our Edge departure date was not changed but X did modify the itinerary. It's all good, just waiting (impatiently) to get back on board. 🍷

59 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Could be.  I wondered if LLP thought these calls were the best way to make announcements.

All of the RCG brands do them, there's just never been a time when there was so much to discuss where the answers change as quickly as they can get new info out. And they used to be much more focused on sales, education, understanding tools, etc.