Two Test Positive On Millenium

morfred

53 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

This sailing is still at sea returning to St. Maarten tomorrow. 

Then what I read was incorrect.  Regardless, the point remains, they'll remained confined the final 2 nights on board and disembark with other passengers and head off to be quarantined at a hotel.

5 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

are ships sailing from the USA required to do all this testing? it sounds like a nitemare. so if no testing on the USA cruises i'm glad of that. if testing is required, i dont think id want to go thru all this . just reading the thread a few pages made my head hurt

There are different requirements for the ships sailing from the US than those sailing from Nassau and St Martin. As of right now you aren't required to take a covid test prior to boarding unless you can't prove you were vaccinated. With that being said this is all fluid and constantly changing. 

35 minutes ago, tallyho8 said:

Aboard the ship right now and soon we should hear results from second tests given to 2 passengers to see if they had false positives. The fun goes on and I have not seen anyone worried about this news. With almost 2000 people on the ship and only 2 testing positive the odds are better than if 2000 people in your hometown were tested today.

Thanks for the update!

The news we are receiving is that only 200 passengers were tested yesterday. It has also been reported that a second test on the 2 passengers was done yesterday and both came back positive. How are they updating passengers?

Best wishes to all on board!

Edited by syesmar
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bajathree said:

There are different requirements for the ships sailing from the US than those sailing from Nassau and St Martin. As of right now you aren't required to take a covid test prior to boarding unless you can't prove you were vaccinated. With that being said this is all fluid and constantly changing. 

I hope so.  If I am sailing in the US, from the US, fully vaccinated, and yet still am required to be tested on Board or any time and risk being quarantine, then I will stay on land!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

My daughter, a doctor, says it's because it's not a vaccine in the true sense.  Meaning it wasn't really designed to prevent the infection but more to make the symptoms of the infection less severe.

Vaccines cause your body to create anti-bodies to help fight the disease.

As with the flu shot--you can still get it, but expect symptoms to be much less severe. 

(re: it's a "true" vaccine)

Edited by KKB
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, bajathree said:

can someone clarify please....this ship originated in St. Maarten...were all required to be vaccinated no matter what your country of origin is? Different rules for the same ship makes no sense at all.

4 hours ago, rucrazy said:

Just to set the record straight:

Dr. Joseph Mercola is the founder of Mercola.com. An osteopathic physician, best-selling author and recipient of multiple awards in the field of natural health, his primary vision is to change the modern health paradigm by providing people with a valuable resource to help them take control of their health.

An osteopath has not gone to medical school.

Received "multiple awards"--for what, from whom?

He also is an anti-vaxxer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2019/10/15/fdc01078-c29c-11e9-b5e4-54aa56d5b7ce_story.html

Take what he has to say with a grain of salt..

(Teaching students to evaluate sources is my job, literally)

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

can someone clarify please....this ship originated in St. Maarten...were all required to be vaccinated no matter what your country of origin is? Different rules for the same ship makes no sense at all.

Yes. 100% vaxxed

6 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

St. Maarten required a neg. test prior to entering the country--whether by plane or ship.

Same for everyone.

Just now, anniegb said:

Is that accurate - someone posted there are unvaccinated children on board. Just asking.

Annie

The number I read was that there were 8 children. So presumably, those would be the only unvaccinated. Even then, we don't know the ages of those kids so some may be vaccinated. 

4 minutes ago, anniegb said:

Is that accurate - someone posted there are unvaccinated children on board. Just asking.

Annie

There are 8 children on board (unvaccinated). Adults are all vaccinated. See https://thepointsguy.com/news/celebrity-millennium-cruise-ship-covid/

Even RCG’s press release said it was a “fully vaccinated” sailing, but it was explained to me on this Thread that’s what they’re calling it, as they’re following “95% vaccinated” guidance. It’s creating some misleading headlines, for sure!

Edited by syesmar
  • Thanks 1

Just now, anniegb said:

And if you are a local? 

Annie

Celebrity tested anyone on site who could not provide a negative test at the port.

St. Maarten required all passengers on the ship to test.

So same for all passengers.

2 minutes ago, anniegb said:

Annie

The CDC required 95% of passengers and 98% of crew to be vaccinated in order for X ships to sail. Under those requirements, the ship is considered 100% vaccinated,

Children on board under the age of 12 cannot be vaccinated, so they fall under the 5% of the total.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KKB said:

An osteopath has not gone to medical school.

An osteopathic physician, or D.O., is a board-certified physician who is fully licensed to practice in every state and in more than 65 countries worldwide. As licensed physicians, they diagnose, treat, prescribe medications and perform surgery.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KKB said:

Celebrity tested anyone on site who could not provide a negative test at the port.

St. Maarten required all passengers on the ship to test.

So same for all passengers.

What standard of test - PCR I hope ?

1 minute ago, C-Dragons said:

The CDC required 95% of passengers and 98% of crew to be vaccinated in order for X ships to sail. Under those requirements, the ship is considered 100% vaccinated,

Children on board under the age of 12 cannot be vaccinated, so they fall under the 5% of the total.

JMO that is not a fully vaccinated cruise. The devil is always in the detail

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

That requirement is applicable to US sailings, not those from Sint Maarten and other foreign ports.

• Like 1