Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

4 minutes ago, cruzeluver said:

May sound odd, but could I pay for a soda at lunch and save my vouchers for wine later?

That was possible pre-COVID and should be now as well - you just need to tell the servant.

Edited by Biker19

Our waiter was excited about being assigned to work on the island today. We asked him why, since the ship is air conditioned and will be empty. He said that to preserve the COVID bubble, crew as not allowed ashore when the ship is in port.  So, while the ship has been in port in the Caribbean and the US, he has not put his feet on solid ground for over 4 months when he signed on. 

And since they can’t go ashore, they can’t run to Walmart for personal items… they are restricted to what is in the crew store… at crew store prices. 

211A0113-7604-4EA9-9408-22A9941C04D6.jpeg

• Like 17

11 hours ago, sailor05 said:

Have any links to the vlogs? TIA!

Go to you tube: Royal Caribbean Blog, Griff & Alyssa, The Ship Show, La Lido Loca, and so many more are on board and running into each other so mentioning others. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

BirdTravels had said that the Captain had gone on the intercom to say that there were still people who had not gone through their muster drill. Could be that there was a cut off time and some did not make it. Another poster said it could have been a medical emergency also. Hard to really know what it was.

Possibly they tested positive for covid & not allowed on?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, patty29 said:

All the talk about the drinks added to your seapass, we are staying in a GS and are Diamond plus.  We'll have 5 drinks added to our seapass but do we have to use them in the SL or do we get additional drinks in the SL  If you can find out that would be great!  Thanks!!

The Suite drinks do not require any coupon. You can use your D+ coupons at other venues. We had the D+ coupons and suite drinks on our last Freedom cruise, there is no relationship between the two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, JoeTec said:

Possibly they tested positive for covid & not allowed on?

For this cruise, everyone was rapid tested at check-in and not allowed out of the testing center until you got negative results. For future cruises, everyone will need a negative PCR test. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

I'm curious to know if the new vegan menu RC put out right before Covid is still available in the dining room? I'm thinking it may not be in the QR code set up but by paper menu by request?  Thank you for any info, looks awesome out there!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Our waiter was excited about being assigned to work on the island today. We asked him why, since the ship is air conditioned and will be empty. He said that to preserve the COVID bubble, crew as not allowed ashore when the ship is in port.  So, while the ship has been in port in the Caribbean and the US, he has not put his feet on solid ground for over 4 months when he signed on. 

And since they can’t go ashore, they can’t run to Walmart for personal items… they are restricted to what is in the crew store… at crew store prices. 

211A0113-7604-4EA9-9408-22A9941C04D6.jpeg

Guess that crew member has not had the vaccine shot yet, if he hasn't touched solid ground in 4 months, that's interesting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Guess that crew member has not had the vaccine shot yet, if he hasn't touched solid ground in 4 months, that's interesting.

The entire crew got vaccinated a few weeks ago. Probably just part of the very overcautious approach the cruise lines are taking to get things started again.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The crew is vaccinated. They have had to stay on the ship to minimize the chances of infection. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The entire crew got vaccinated a few weeks ago. Probably just part of the very overcautious approach the cruise lines are taking to get things started again.

Yes , I heard that, I'm just going by what the crew member said to Bird. But maybe the crew member got their shot on the ship and didn't go ashore to get the shot.

Edited by Jimbo

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I am pretty sure ALL crew have been vaccinated. In fact... if you go search through youtube you will find several crew members who had to quarantine in a hotel room for 14 days then... if I recalled... they were vaccinated and then quarantined again for 14 days on board ship. I might have the vaccine order mixed up..but it was essentially a month in isolation. Now the process may vary depending upon when they signed up...but odds are is someone has been in the presence of a crew member... they have been vaccinated and isolated... I was surprised at just how rigid the process seemed to be.

12 hours ago, pspercy said:

Someone boarding with a dog.

I found this interesting too. Drug sniffer?  Covid sniffer?  Security dog to help get the people off?

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Interesting watching the port cam, and it looks like some people with suitcases are leaving. Wonder what that is about?

I wonder if the dog played a role?  LOL, so many questions. 

Bird, take us ashore please. 😁

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

For a quick bite, Cafe Promenade has a quick complimentary breakfast including regular coffee (specialty coffees extra).AFAD40C1-2932-4AD4-B12E-10BE4554E5FE.thumb.jpeg.c2e81a963b626ee7c0ba5f9f4c23538d.jpeg870D8D3A-5106-405F-A270-AC70A403D850.thumb.jpeg.eae9699e6e2d57d3b54329c8f6466be5.jpeg

Speaking of specialty coffee, is the machine available in the Diamond Lounge?

• Like 1

Question: are there any passengers with wheelchairs or scooters aboard? Is so... did you notice any issues for them getting an elevator...given capacity restrictions? Also in boarding... did they have any wheelchair assistance at the Hotel for check in? Just wondering if you noticed any crew or Bahamian port workers pushing people in chairs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Royal is really pushing their app as the sole source of information. They do not leave paper copies of the Compass in your stateroom. Hard copy is available for the technology challenged. A8137E0F-4746-44A9-93A6-FDFAC17ACBCA.thumb.jpeg.53a7eafdd9fe4bc2f57ef28c961114c2.jpeg

Hopefully, they keep the info in the app updated better than they did in Jan 2000.

• Like 2