Princess has finally updated its guidelines for sailing under CDC CSO

azbirdmom

They have finally published the guidelines for vaccinated vs. unvaccinated customers including masks, proof required, what's available on the ship, etc.  There's a lot here.  Happy reading!

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Wow. There really is a lot of info there. I worry about this part:

=================================================

What Proof of Full Vaccination Will Be Accepted?

The following formats are acceptable proofs of full vaccination: COVID-19 vaccination card (original card only; no photocopies accepted), digital COVID-19 certificate (QR code acceptable); or record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider including original digital email notification, personal electronic health record, or government Immunization information system (IIS) record.

The following identifiers for the proof of full vaccination should include your first and last name, a patient identifier such as date of birth, medical record ID, or government ID, type of vaccine (manufacturer), date of all doses administered, lot number, if available, and healthcare professional or clinic site name. The proof of full vaccination must show that your final dose of vaccine was received at least two weeks (14 days) prior to the beginning of the cruise. Alternative proof may be required if there are questions and concerns about the proof of vaccination you produce. During check-in at the terminal, you will be required to show full proof of vaccination. If you are unable to produce the described proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding without refund, credit or compensation of any kind.

From what I've read here on CC there are a lot of vaccination cards that don't include the name of the facility. I know ours don't have that and only have scribbled initials from the person who did the injection. Sounds like I may want to do the process to get the record from the state.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

The following formats are acceptable proofs of full vaccination: COVID-19 vaccination card (original card only; no photocopies accepted), digital COVID-19 certificate (QR code acceptable); or record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider including original digital email notification, personal electronic health record, or government Immunization information system (IIS) record.

The following identifiers for the proof of full vaccination should include your first and last name, a patient identifier such as date of birth, medical record ID, or government ID, type of vaccine (manufacturer), date of all doses administered, lot number, if available, and healthcare professional or clinic site name. The proof of full vaccination must show that your final dose of vaccine was received at least two weeks (14 days) prior to the beginning of the cruise. Alternative proof may be required if there are questions and concerns about the proof of vaccination you produce. During check-in at the terminal, you will be required to show full proof of vaccination. If you are unable to produce the described proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding without refund, credit or compensation of any kind.

From what I've read here on CC there are a lot of vaccination cards that don't include the name of the facility. I know ours don't have that and only have scribbled initials from the person who did the injection. Sounds like I may want to do the process to get the record from the state.

I had to read a little more and hope that the "healthcare professional" that signed my card is adequate to meet requirement??

This one is a bit of a curiosity?

Will you still host dancing, karaoke and other group events?

Shared experiences and larger group events including indoor dancing, nightclubs, karaoke and singing groups, The Voice of the Ocean, behind-the-scenes tours, Captain’s Champagne Waterfall, and group renewal of vows will not be available during these cruises, with the exception of select instructor-led classes hosted with physical distancing.

Sooooooo what? The 'nightclubs' won't be open? What would a 'nightclub' be? Skywalkers, Crooners, Wheelhouse? 

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

The only thing our CDC cards were missing is the medical record or IIS record number. When I sent a request to the AZ Dept of Health Services, the immunization report I got back contained the IIS number which I wrote on to the CDC card.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Sooooooo what? The 'nightclubs' won't be open? What would a 'nightclub' be? Skywalkers, Crooners, Wheelhouse? 

If Wheelhouse isn't open that would be extremely lame. And what about Trivia, Liar's Club, etc.?

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I just need to scan my driver's license so I can upload it to the state site. I'm not sure a photo of the license will work. Any thoughts on that?

We scanned our AZ DL's, front and back, and that was sufficient. But that's AZ, not sure about CA.

14 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I just need to scan my driver's license so I can upload it to the state site. I'm not sure a photo of the license will work. Any thoughts on that?

A good quality photo is fine and a lot easier than scanning 

So we can present our vaccination record at check in at the pier, just as I suspected.  So no need to worry about using their malfunctioning medallion or not using a smart phone. Now the only question is how long the vaccination lasts and when will we need to prove a booster. 

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

So we can present our vaccination record at check in at the pier, just as I suspected.  So no need to worry about using their malfunctioning medallion or not using a smart phone. Now the only question is how long the vaccination lasts and when will we need to prove a booster. 

Exactly our concern since we don't sail until 2022. A lot can change between now and then but if a booster is required, it might mess up the "fully vaccinated" documentation situation.

Edited by joepeka

14 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Exactly our concern since we don't sail until 2022. A lot can change between now and then but if a booster is required, it might mess up the "fully vaccinated" documentation situation.

I have 2 cruises this year so will worry about 2022 when it gets closer. I suspect we will get another vaccination card or maybe just present our current card for the addition of the booster with the booster and it's date and lot number and vender etc.....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Right now these are the only cruises that Princess has designated as fully vaccinated - and yes this list may grow!

https://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/content/princessus/PCL_2021_VaccinatedCruises0617.pdf?cid=brand_email_info_internal_newsletter_agentnews_se1ms001x_210617__&eccn=&rrid=00132928&mi_u=00132928

• Like 1

and then of course we have the arrival time issue.....

What if I arrive at the terminal before my assigned time?
If you come to the terminal before your arrival time, you will be asked to wait away from the terminal until you are permitted to enter during your specified arrival time.

So I have to check out of my hotel at 11, won't have a car, will have my luggage, and if I don't end up with an early arrival time....where would I be 'hanging out'?

I'm curious how Princess is going to distinguish who is vaccinated vs. who isn't on board?

Maybe some sort of wrist band for those who are?  I'm thinking most people would be more willing to wear one to show they don't need a mask vs. those who aren't, since they would be expected to follow more safety/health protocals. . 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

I'm curious how Princess is going to distinguish who is vaccinated vs. who isn't on board?

Maybe some sort of wrist band for those who are?  I'm thinking most people would be more willing to wear one to show they don't need a mask vs. those who aren't, since they would be expected to follow more safety/health protocals. . 

It likely will become part of your profile on the medallion accounts. Most of your information including pictures already show up on all crew members handhelds when the medallions are close so this will surely be added I would think. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

and then of course we have the arrival time issue.....

What if I arrive at the terminal before my assigned time?
If you come to the terminal before your arrival time, you will be asked to wait away from the terminal until you are permitted to enter during your specified arrival time.

So I have to check out of my hotel at 11, won't have a car, will have my luggage, and if I don't end up with an early arrival time....where would I be 'hanging out'?

Make yourself comfortable in the hotel lobby and get cab, shuttle or Uber close to your check-in time.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

It likely will become part of your profile on the medallion accounts. Most of your information including pictures already show up on all crew members handhelds when the medallions are close so this will surely be added I would think. 

There will be many of us who aren't using the medallion. If the cruise has 95% vaccination rate it doesn't matter to distinguish who is or isn't vaccinated.