Princess has finally updated its guidelines for sailing under CDC CSO

azbirdmom

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Wow. There really is a lot of info there. I worry about this part:

=================================================

What Proof of Full Vaccination Will Be Accepted?

The following formats are acceptable proofs of full vaccination: COVID-19 vaccination card (original card only; no photocopies accepted), digital COVID-19 certificate (QR code acceptable); or record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider including original digital email notification, personal electronic health record, or government Immunization information system (IIS) record.

The following identifiers for the proof of full vaccination should include your first and last name, a patient identifier such as date of birth, medical record ID, or government ID, type of vaccine (manufacturer), date of all doses administered, lot number, if available, and healthcare professional or clinic site name. The proof of full vaccination must show that your final dose of vaccine was received at least two weeks (14 days) prior to the beginning of the cruise. Alternative proof may be required if there are questions and concerns about the proof of vaccination you produce. During check-in at the terminal, you will be required to show full proof of vaccination. If you are unable to produce the described proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding without refund, credit or compensation of any kind.

From what I've read here on CC there are a lot of vaccination cards that don't include the name of the facility. I know ours don't have that and only have scribbled initials from the person who did the injection. Sounds like I may want to do the process to get the record from the state.

I suspect, for that which is in bold, Princess needs to rewrite or properly punctuate so as to be more clear.

Likely should read:  "... a patient identifier such as date of birth OR medical record ID OR government ID ..."

If Princess will deny boarding to those not presenting proper docs, with no refunds, then they need to be more precise in what is acceptable.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, triple7tahoe said:

I had to read a little more and hope that the "healthcare professional" that signed my card is adequate to meet requirement??

It does say healthcare pro OR clinic site name, so the latter should suffice.

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

and then of course we have the arrival time issue.....

What if I arrive at the terminal before my assigned time?
If you come to the terminal before your arrival time, you will be asked to wait away from the terminal until you are permitted to enter during your specified arrival time.

So I have to check out of my hotel at 11, won't have a car, will have my luggage, and if I don't end up with an early arrival time....where would I be 'hanging out'?

Most hotels will hold on to your luggage if you need to kill an hour or two or three.  Not a big deal.  Besides, you'll know what time your arrival time is long before you get there, so just request a late check out.  Unless the hotel is 100% packed the day you're leaving, they'll probably extend it for up to 2 hours.  I've never any issues with either luggage being held or late check out.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, CeeCee59 said:

Did I read that you will be required to go into the medallion app the day before to complete a health questionnaire? So we will be forced to use the app.

During check-in at the terminal, you will be required to show full proof of vaccination. If you are unable to produce the described proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding without refund, credit or compensation of any kind.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

The following formats are acceptable proofs of full vaccination: COVID-19 vaccination card (original card only; no photocopies accepted), digital COVID-19 certificate (QR code acceptable); or record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider including original digital email notification, personal electronic health record, or government Immunization information system (IIS) record.

The following identifiers for the proof of full vaccination should include your first and last name, a patient identifier such as date of birth, medical record ID, or government ID, type of vaccine (manufacturer), date of all doses administered, lot number, if available, and healthcare professional or clinic site name. The proof of full vaccination must show that your final dose of vaccine was received at least two weeks (14 days) prior to the beginning of the cruise. Alternative proof may be required if there are questions and concerns about the proof of vaccination you produce. During check-in at the terminal, you will be required to show full proof of vaccination. If you are unable to produce the described proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding without refund, credit or compensation of any kind.

From what I've read here on CC there are a lot of vaccination cards that don't include the name of the facility. I know ours don't have that and only have scribbled initials from the person who did the injection. Sounds like I may want to do the process to get the record from the state.

Are you sure those are the initials of the person that did the vaccination or might they be a three digit code for the organization (usually it is the organization code that is normally put there).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, runner2013 said:

I'm curious how Princess is going to distinguish who is vaccinated vs. who isn't on board?

Maybe some sort of wrist band for those who are?  I'm thinking most people would be more willing to wear one to show they don't need a mask vs. those who aren't, since they would be expected to follow more safety/health protocals. . 

With the rules the unvaccinated will face I doubt you will see very many if any on board.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ijscheer said:

So how is Princess getting around the Florida/DeSantis rule that vaccination proof cannot be required? Celebrity doesn't seem to be able to.

These are for their Alaska trips initially.  No Florida involved in Alaska and their west coast trips.

Carnival has already indicated that they will be requiring vaccination out of Florida so maybe the CCL companies have a different legal opinion than the Royal Caribbean family of lines.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

In my case I got my vaccination at a Von's pharmacy.  My card lists VON  #2602  where the 2602 is the store number.  If I was going on one of these cruises (which we thought about doing until we started to see what normal activities are not going to be taking place) I would take my card, as well as the pharmacy print outs (1 for each vaccine dose) of details about the vaccination (the same as you normally get when you get a prescription filled such as RX number, store info, pharmacist, product, fill date and so on) that provides supporting detail to the information on the card and not easily faked.

Edited by nocl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

During check-in at the terminal, you will be required to show full proof of vaccination. If you are unable to produce the described proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding without refund, credit or compensation of any kind.

This is what I was referring to from the Princess website:
image.thumb.png.a10b004715066431f0d9c9733b1143b2.png

4 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Right now these are the only cruises that Princess has designated as fully vaccinated - and yes this list may grow!

Looks like all 2021 cruises are so designated.

Princess cruises sailing through 2021 are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Crew vaccinations will be in accordance with CDC guidelines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

There will be many of us who aren't using the medallion. If the cruise has 95% vaccination rate it doesn't matter to distinguish who is or isn't vaccinated.

I’m not sure how you will avoid using the medallion.  You don’t need to use the “app” on board but the medallion itself replaces the cruise card.  Pre- covid they would provide a cruise card if requested but at this time there’s no way of knowing if they will continue to make those exceptions.  

43 minutes ago, nocl said:

These are for their Alaska trips initially.  No Florida involved in Alaska and their west coast trips.

Florida and west coast are included also:

Princess cruises sailing through 2021 are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Crew vaccinations will be in accordance with CDC guidelines.

4 hours ago, nocl said:

Are you sure those are the initials of the person that did the vaccination or might they be a three digit code for the organization (usually it is the organization code that is normally put there).

In Ontario, Canada my official vaccination receipt is from Ministry of Health. Says I have received 2 doses of Pfizer. Date etc. A lot of information & all typed. 
No signature or initials. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

and then of course we have the arrival time issue.....

What if I arrive at the terminal before my assigned time?
If you come to the terminal before your arrival time, you will be asked to wait away from the terminal until you are permitted to enter during your specified arrival time.

So I have to check out of my hotel at 11, won't have a car, will have my luggage, and if I don't end up with an early arrival time....where would I be 'hanging out'?

Ask for a late checkout 

13 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

They have finally published the guidelines for vaccinated vs. unvaccinated customers including masks, proof required, what's available on the ship, etc.  There's a lot here.  Happy reading!

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

Does this mean that all the brand new cancellations they just issued for the remainder of this year suggests PCL cannot meet these guidelines in a way that would ensure the health of pax and crew?

My guess is that the Medallion app just isn't ready yet to handle the functions they are talking about for check in etc to meet social distancing and other covid requirements, and for going paperless (which is so common now).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CeeCee59 said:

This is what I was referring to from the Princess website:
image.thumb.png.a10b004715066431f0d9c9733b1143b2.png

The key there is "you'll be asked". You'll also be asked to arrive at a certain time to stagger boarding and we all know how that goes!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, t&atravel said:

I’m not sure how you will avoid using the medallion.  You don’t need to use the “app” on board but the medallion itself replaces the cruise card.  Pre- covid they would provide a cruise card if requested but at this time there’s no way of knowing if they will continue to make those exceptions.  

They have to because it clearly states in the medallion brochure that those with pacemakers and implants shouldn't use the medallion because of magnets. What company in it's right legal mind would force you to do something they state in writing not to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was just reading the updated CDC requirements - am I reading it correctly that even fully vaccinated are required to wear a mask on the ship? Is this something the cruise lines have mentioned yet? 

COVID-19 and Cruise Ship Travel for Travelers Who Are Not Fully Vaccinated - COVID-19 High - Level 3: COVID-19 High - Travel Health Notices | Travelers' Health | CDC

(Under - While You Are Travelling:) 

• Wear a mask to keep your nose and mouth covered when you are in shared spaces. Masks are required (even for fully vaccinated people) on planes, cruise ships, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports, seaports, and train and subway stations. If a conveyance has outdoor areas, wearing a mask is not required while outdoors.

9 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I was just reading the updated CDC requirements - am I reading it correctly that even fully vaccinated are required to wear a mask on the ship? Is this something the cruise lines have mentioned yet? 

COVID-19 and Cruise Ship Travel for Travelers Who Are Not Fully Vaccinated - COVID-19 High - Level 3: COVID-19 High - Travel Health Notices | Travelers' Health | CDC

(Under - While You Are Travelling:) 

• Wear a mask to keep your nose and mouth covered when you are in shared spaces. Masks are required (even for fully vaccinated people) on planes, cruise ships, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports, seaports, and train and subway stations. If a conveyance has outdoor areas, wearing a mask is not required while outdoors.

That whole webpage seems to now only apply to unvaxxed passengers.  The heading is:

COVID-19 and Cruise Ship Travel for Travelers Who Are Not Fully Vaccinated

I would rely on what Princess has said which is that vaccinated passengers do not have to wear masks on board except in the specified situations.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, joepeka said:

The only thing our CDC cards were missing is the medical record or IIS record number. When I sent a request to the AZ Dept of Health Services, the immunization report I got back contained the IIS number which I wrote on to the CDC card.

You only need one of these: a patient identifier such as date of birth, medical record ID, or government ID,

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Looks like all 2021 cruises are so designated.

Didn't see the December 1 sailing of the Diamond Princess on that list.

8 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

You only need one of these: a patient identifier such as date of birth, medical record ID, or government ID,

Being the conservative type, I would prefer to cover all the bases rather than rely on specifications that could have been worded a bit better. 🙂

• Like 1