Being a Gentleman....

kjwinston2019

After 40 years of Marriage I try to be a Gentleman. If I want to get early morning Bloody Mary's for the two of us, for I am an early riser where the Trophy wife likes to sleep in on vacation, may I go to the bar and order two bloody Mary's or do I have to go twice? (maybe 2 different bars?) If I have her ID would that be okay? we have an AFT cabin.

IMG_0573.JPG

• Haha 1

Never a problem, have ordered two beer same time/venue, a beer and a cocktail same time/venue, two latte's same time/venue and just presented the cards for both passengers that have the package.  Have done this many many times so I do not expect you would have any issue with this at all.  Like you, I would go for morning coffee or latte to bring back to the room, well not exactly like you as I never thought of a Bloody Mary 🙂 

Enjoy the Bloody Mary's!

Edited by poffles

On every cruise we've had one or more bartenders get to know us and our drink preferences in the first few days. By day 2 or 3 if I go to the bar for a drink by myself they will ask if I want something for DH and vice versa even if we don't have both sea passes. We make a point of tipping those special people on the last night of the cruise and putting their names in the Celebrity post-cruise survey comments. There is just something about that kind of personalized service that makes you feel pampered and special.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

One drink per card is the standard rule. If you get you know a particular bartender, you may be able to get both on a single card, but why not just take both cards with you?

Exactly, one shouldn't expect (nor encourage) this if it's not really the spirit of the package.  Sure this 'might' happen but it's not typical and bartenders rotate so even more unlikely to encounter this behavior every morning of your cruise at a given venue. 

The second card is pretty small and light to carry 🙂

On 6/22/2021 at 9:04 PM, kjwinston2019 said:

After 40 years of Marriage I try to be a Gentleman. If I want to get early morning Bloody Mary's for the two of us, for I am an early riser where the Trophy wife likes to sleep in on vacation, may I go to the bar and order two bloody Mary's or do I have to go twice? (maybe 2 different bars?) If I have her ID would that be okay? we have an AFT cabin.

IMG_0573.JPG

Thanks for the great shot of one of our favorite ships. Here's one for you.1764064961_CenturyVillaFranceSigned.thumb.jpg.0299d1af8182227b3dec4e7c0e9b76ba.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, poffles said:

Exactly, one shouldn't expect (nor encourage) this if it's not really the spirit of the package.  Sure this 'might' happen but it's not typical and bartenders rotate so even more unlikely to encounter this behavior every morning of your cruise at a given venue. 

The second card is pretty small and light to carry 🙂

Don’t you understand us ‘South of the Border North Americans’ just love to break and twist the rules?!? Anytime someone sets a rule, good bad or otherwise, we think we have to find a way around it!! If Celebrity announced that we could bring 8 bottles of wine on board per SR, we’d immediately be figuring out how to get that 9th or 10th one snuck on…..who wants to miss out on their 10th bottle of ‘Two-Buck Chucks’?

I introduce my wife as my ‘trophy wife’ also…..when the others take a pause because my wife doesn’t look as if she’s in her mid-20’s, I just explain Im bad a math! Which of course gets me the ‘cold stare’ from you-know-who. 

Den

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Don’t you understand us ‘South of the Border North Americans’ just love to break and twist the rules?!? Anytime someone sets a rule, good bad or otherwise, we think we have to find a way around it!! If Celebrity announced that we could bring 8 bottles of wine on board per SR, we’d immediately be figuring out how to get that 9th or 10th one snuck on…..who wants to miss out on their 10th bottle of ‘Two-Buck Chucks’?

I introduce my wife as my ‘trophy wife’ also…..when the others take a pause because my wife doesn’t look as if she’s in her mid-20’s, I just explain Im bad a math! Which of course gets me the ‘cold stare’ from you-know-who. 

Den

🤨 Deservedly so. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

Don’t you understand us ‘South of the Border North Americans’ just love to break and twist the rules?!?

Don't kid yourself, we aren't all so innocent on this side of the 'fence' either 😈.  LOL ... just more reluctant to put it in writing hahahahaha

Edited by poffles

I use the Soda Package, not a booze package. 

I find that it is not consistent.  Many waiters, bartenders and cocktail servers quickly recognize that my wife and I are both on the package and don't even ask to see a card, whereas some always want to see the cards (plural).  And once or twice, some officious server insists that we both be present when the order for two sodas is placed, even if I (or my wife) have/has both cards.  Heaven forbid that we might be pulling something funny for a can of Coke!

11 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Den

Rebecca stop having birthday's at 29 when she had our last baby (Hannah) she said just celebrate hers....(surrrre) 

5 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I use the Soda Package, not a booze package. 

I find that it is not consistent.  Many waiters, bartenders and cocktail servers quickly recognize that my wife and I are both on the package and don't even ask to see a card, whereas some always want to see the cards (plural).  And once or twice, some officious server insists that we both be present when the order for two sodas is placed, even if I (or my wife) have/has both cards.  Heaven forbid that we might be pulling something funny for a can of Coke!

That poor "officious" server doing their job, and following the company policy,  must have really ruined your cruise.  SMH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Denny01 said:

If Celebrity announced that we could bring 8 bottles of wine on board per SR, we’d immediately be figuring out how to get that 9th or 10th one snuck on…..who wants to miss out on their 10th bottle of ‘Two-Buck Chucks’?

There is a way to get extra wine on legitimately.  Each adult in the stateroom can put two bottles in their carry on as the X-Ray employee is only checking for 3 or more per person, not how bottles per stateroom.  You don't even show them any identification so they don't even know your name or stateroom number yet I would recommend any adults in the same stateroom don't interact with each other in the x-ray line.

17 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

That poor "officious" server doing their job, and following the company policy,  must have really ruined your cruise.  SMH.

Didn't upset or offend me at all.  I gave my card and my wife's card, no cause for any distress.  

28 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Didn't upset or offend me at all.  I gave my card and my wife's card, no cause for any distress.  

It offended you enough to label them as "officious" and comment on it.

Screenshot_20210625-163140_Chrome.jpg

Edited by iamaqt2
  • Haha 1