Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

14 minutes ago, PAMJP said:

Thanks for your reply skynight, I was asking about what would normally be shown in the daily patter, which now are on the medallion app as to what is schedule for your daily activities. Some of the things they want you to book for are theatre shows, afternoon tea, enrichment lectures etc. I think this is all down to Covid, as we are on the first cruise that Princess are leaving from Southampton on 31st July seacation.

These were all no charge in the past. I don't believe that will change. Yes it is for social distancing. You will be the first ones to test out this reservation system for these kinds of activities. You can report back how it all works. 

16 minutes ago, skynight said:

These were all no charge in the past. I don't believe that will change. Yes it is for social distancing. You will be the first ones to test out this reservation system for these kinds of activities. You can report back how it all works. 

Yes I will, after all the problems we’ve had with the app, we hope it is plain sailing!

On 7/2/2021 at 9:30 PM, CeCe_ said:

You do not think Princess is making lots of money out of accessories?  When I spent nearly $8000 on a cabin, I have every reason to believe that Princess is being cheap not providing a $10 plastic wrist wear for free, but want to sell it instead.  If you own a business, you will know the actual wholesale price and the profit margin are huge.  3000 passengers would bring in $30000 to Princess.  It is a very sizable income.

At least once you purchase the wristband or necklace or whatever accessory, if you decide to do that instead of the free lanyard, those can be used over again.  I have a wristband for my husband and the necklace to take along and use on our next cruise.  Easily just slip in the new medallion.

On 7/10/2021 at 11:32 AM, Lovincruisin1321 said:

I am new to Princess.

I understand I have to download the Medallion App on my phone.

How does this all work?    I read I will receive a Medallion?   I have no idea......

Any help would be much appreciated - Thanks

I am trying to work through this myself.  But if you are a prior Princess cruiser in past few years, then some of your personal info and passport info, emergency contact will appear on the Medallion app.

You will have to order you medallion on the app.   You can order what you need for free, or buy accessories if you want, and have them delivered to your home if you are leaving a few days prior to the cruise.   If you are leaving earlier, I put down to pick up at terminal as we are leaving 4 weeks earlier for our cruise.

Hope this helps some.

• Like 1

Question on Payment Method. I understand Ship Board (all purchases made on the ship) but with Shore Side is that even necessary if I normally pay either cash or credit card on shore for any and all purchases?

we downloaded the app about 2 months ago now, got the at that time first three items to 'go green', ordered the medallions , then turned off the app and haven't opened it up since

have we missed anything ? - cruise at end of November ... we'll see how it goes with having to make reservations to 'people watch' from Vines or Crooners 

early boarding is a priority to us for sure

16 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

She was referring to the 330 day mark when EZ-Air reservations open.  But, this didn't really make sense and I think it was more of a guess.  Perhaps it is a plan for MC App - who knows? 

You're probably right about EZ-Air and her guessing; also, 330 days makes sense as that's about 11 months out for the airlines to open their schedules.

1 hour ago, Turk1 said:

Question on Payment Method. I understand Ship Board (all purchases made on the ship) but with Shore Side is that even necessary if I normally pay either cash or credit card on shore for any and all purchases?

It’s not necessary because the shoreside purchase option is only valid for purchases made at Princess approved businesses.

4 hours ago, PAMJP said:

Some of the things they want you to book for are theatre shows, afternoon tea, enrichment lectures etc. I think this is all down to Covid, as we are on the first cruise that Princess are leaving from Southampton on 31st July seacation.

I hope that booking such things is temporary for the UK seacation & Alaska cruises.

In early promotional videos for MedallionClass making Princess Theater seat reservations was touted as a cool option of MC so Princess at that time had planned that option.

Edited by Astro Flyer

1 hour ago, Turk1 said:

I think that Princess made some agreements with some port vendors where you can use your your medallion. These vendors will not be exclusive to Princess, open to others. Would expect these vendors to also accept cash or credit cards just like in the past.

4 hours ago, PAMJP said:

Some of the things they want you to book for are theatre shows, afternoon tea, enrichment lectures etc. I think this is all down to Covid,

Based on this MedallionClass video making event reservations will be available for all future cruises.

Beginning 60 days before sailing reservations are supposed to be available or they can be done onboard. Each event shows a capacity & the number of spaces available. Another new option onboard is to make gangway reservation times that can be reserved beginning 24 hours before arriving in a port.

It’s impossible to read through this whole thing so if this has been asked before I apologize but does anyone know how to upload a photo through this app? It appears that it only allows you to take a photo. Am I missing something?

27 minutes ago, cactusrose said:

It’s impossible to read through this whole thing so if this has been asked before I apologize but does anyone know how to upload a photo through this app? It appears that it only allows you to take a photo. Am I missing something?

I uploaded my profile photo.  The security photo has to be a selfie.

Tap on your photo when logged into MC App.

Menu pops out from the left.

Tap on My Account.

At the top, tap on add/change photo.

Camera opens, but there is an option to upload a photo from whatever you have loaded/saved on your phone.

Edited by Steelers36

I'm not cruising until next April (was supposed to cruise in Nov. this year, now glad I have time to figure all this stuff out).  Currently I do not own a smartphone and never have.  Sounds like it's a necessary purchase now. 😒

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Somewhat unfortunate in that I have a perfectly good copy of my passport photo I would use if I could.  (I hate taking selfies.)

14 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Somewhat unfortunate in that I have a perfectly good copy of my passport photo I would use if I could.  (I hate taking selfies.)

Take a photo of your passport photo and use it for security.   

9 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

Take a photo of your passport photo and use it for security.   

Won't work. You can use an existing photo for your Profile pic but the Security pic doesn't give that option. It wants you to take a new photo from within the app and it gives an "outline" to put your head and face into for the pic.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Won't work. You can use an existing photo for your Profile pic but the Security pic doesn't give that option. It wants you to take a new photo from within the app and it gives an "outline" to put your head and face into for the pic.

Must have changed the

method as I definitely used an older photograph for my Security photo.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Tap on your photo when logged into MC App.

Menu pops out from the left.

Tap on My Account.

At the top, tap on add/change photo.

Camera opens, but there is an option to upload a photo from whatever you have loaded/saved on your phone.

Thank you.  This wasn't intuitive but I was able to sort this out from your instructions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

You can use an existing photo for your Profile pic but the Security pic doesn't give that option. It wants you to take a new photo from within the app and it gives an "outline" to put your head and face into for the pic.

They must have changed the system as I was able to use a photo on my phone for my security photo. I didn’t have to take a selfie but I did my photos about 3 weeks ago so it sounds like the system has changed. 

• Like 1