Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Each person must show up on the app.

When you order the OM, if both of you are shown, you can order the OM for both of you.

You shop individually for each person and they can be in one shipment, if you

like. 
I’ve ordered OM for 6 cruises now using the new MedallionClass app.

You can do it on one account, but you both must be shown on that account and you must order preferences for each individual.

Explaining some of this is difficult, sorry.

Good explanation, thank you.

12 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

The app loaded but after getting the blurred ship it went to a white screen.

This is so frustrating for everyone.

There was a recent post to the effect ... my spouse and I have identical phones;

app works on one, but not on the other.

15 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Each person must show up on the app.

When you order the OM, if both of you are shown, you can order the OM for both of you.

You shop individually for each person and they can be in one shipment, if you

like. 
I’ve ordered OM for 6 cruises now using the new MedallionClass app.

You can do it on one account, but you both must be shown on that account and you must order preferences for each individual.

Explaining some of this is difficult, sorry.

I ordered medallion for both of us, and filled in the documents for both of us, but i got only 1 QR code. It says that im on green lane to check in but there is no way to check if its just for me but for both of us?

8 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

There was a recent post to the effect ... my spouse and I have identical phones;

The phone must have ios13 or higher to work with the app. That is why I had to get a new phone. This one has ios14 The old one had ios12 Try updating the phone and see if it then has ios13 or higher.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

If you have ios 13 or higher. You can also try removing the app and then reload it.

I’ve given up on this app, I’m tech savvy but this is the devil’s work. Blue Lane here I come. 

Do we have to print out insurance docs and covid passes for the Southampton departures? Just trying to save a few trees by keeping it all on my phone (iphone running iOS 14, app still doesn’t work!) 

thanks! 

On 9/4/2021 at 3:30 PM, Tedferg said:

I sent email request for help to askoceanmedallion@carnival.com and received two quick reponses asking for more details. The final response was 'thanks passed on to the team ------' Also said problems are resolved in sail date order - but don't worry we will get it fixed.

So I was pleased with response time. 

Checked today and details are back to normal, all items show for me. DW also shows in profile. Her photo and passport info does not show, so I will re-input them. 

5 hours ago, Onasunnyafternoon said:

I’ve given up on this app, I’m tech savvy but this is the devil’s work. Blue Lane here I come. 

Do we have to print out insurance docs and covid passes for the Southampton departures? Just trying to save a few trees by keeping it all on my phone (iphone running iOS 14, app still doesn’t work!) 

thanks! 

Anecdotal evidence is that the process is much speedier if you have paper documentation,  rather than faff about on your phone.  

• Thanks 1

There are 38 pages to look through for my answer...or ask posters:

Who did Princess outsource IT (Medallion Class App) to?  

Thank you.  

One small consolation....having discussion with my IT children.  They do suggest that Princess' website may be too outdated to try to merge (duality) with new Medallion Class App.  Thus the need to only enter data on to app.  

Although I grew up on the cusp of Apple development, I am so far behind the current curve.  Sad when our grandchildren know more than we do.  

• Like 1

I really do give up. We are 2 elderly cruisers and are reasonably tech savvy (or so we thought 🤣🤣).  Last week we were both in the Green Lane - all up to date except for Arrival/Departure dates.

Now we are blue lane, with on only "order medallion" app ticked. Cannot get DH back on the app   Not recognising him as a guest on the bookng number.  On my log-in,  his photo is showing but with my name under his  photo so I'm travelling with myself!!! In the personaliser he us showing up with  my name and DOB.

Talk about stress free cruising- NOT. Taken all the fun and anticipation out of a cruise. 

BTW were in UK.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

There are 38 pages to look through for my answer...or ask posters:

Who did Princess outsource IT (Medallion Class App) to?  

Thank you.  

One small consolation....having discussion with my IT children.  They do suggest that Princess' website may be too outdated to try to merge (duality) with new Medallion Class App.  Thus the need to only enter data on to app.  

Although I grew up on the cusp of Apple development, I am so far behind the current curve.  Sad when our grandchildren know more than we do.  

The developers of the app are Global Experience Innovators (per the info on the app in the Play store). Their web site link takes you to a Carnival Corporate site so.... I "think" they are just a set of developers within CCL who may or may not be off-shore. I could be wrong on that assumption.

Edited by joepeka

2 hours ago, joepeka said:

The developers of the app are Global Experience Innovators (per the info on the app in the Play store). Their web site link takes you to a Carnival Corporate site so.... I "think" they are just a set of developers within CCL who may or may not be off-shore. I could be wrong on that assumption.

Thank you, but I thought it was some other name from France?

17 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thank you, but I thought it was some other name from France?

It has been posted here that Princess out-sourced their IT dept to Capgemini which is a France-based international organization (IDK what year).  The OCEAN project involving Global Experience Innovators did use external consultants, but IDK that anyone here knows how many or the roles and how many on the team are Princess or CCL employees.  Anderson Consulting had some level of engagement with the OCEAN projects.  IDK if anyone knows if they are still involved or not.

On 9/8/2021 at 9:13 AM, wenus said:

I ordered medallion for both of us, and filled in the documents for both of us, but i got only 1 QR code. It says that im on green lane to check in but there is no way to check if its just for me but for both of us?

If both your photos come up on the medallion app with a green tick on each photo then it's for both if you only have your photo on the app then you haven't added the other person

So my Personalizer online has me listed in the correct cabin, and the MC app shows a different cabin. I got on chat, and the agent said it showed the correct cabin on her screen. I tried removing and reinstalling the app, still shows the wrong cabin.  I can't wait to see which door the Medallions open!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, donswife said:

So my Personalizer online has me listed in the correct cabin, and the MC app shows a different cabin. I got on chat, and the agent said it showed the correct cabin on her screen. I tried removing and reinstalling the app, still shows the wrong cabin.  I can't wait to see which door the Medallions open!

You may choose one of the doors...

or, the box that Carol Merrill is now holding!

• Haha 2

I leave today on my Alaska Cruise. Dealing with this app has and still is a nightmare. I still don't have our medallions, so even though we show green lane, I am sure we are going to be waiting in some horrific line at the terminal. I got a survey from Princess asking for my feedback on the app and told them exactly what I thought of it. I really hope that this is not a sign of what we can expect from Princess going forward. This whole thing just seems half baked and not ready for public use. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, northwestbear said:

I leave today on my Alaska Cruise. Dealing with this app has and still is a nightmare. I still don't have our medallions, so even though we show green lane, I am sure we are going to be waiting in some horrific line at the terminal. I got a survey from Princess asking for my feedback on the app and told them exactly what I thought of it. I really hope that this is not a sign of what we can expect from Princess going forward. This whole thing just seems half baked and not ready for public use. 

Others have said, it’s not taking much longer to stop and get your Medallion from past AK cruises.  Have a great trip!!!

On 9/10/2021 at 9:09 PM, donswife said:

Had the same problem. Called the Medallion appl. phone number , said it would be fixed and after two weeks, nothing happened.When you call, all the person you speak to can do is write up the problem  but can't make changes.Then I emailed, got a response right away that it will get fixed.Four days later, got the correct cabin number showing.My problem was we had changed cabins but the Medallion appl. didn't update as it was suppose to do with changes.

On 9/10/2021 at 9:09 PM, donswife said:

So my Personalizer online has me listed in the correct cabin, and the MC app shows a different cabin.

I just wish my Personalizer page wasn't just a blank black screen with the Princess logo at the top.

• Like 1