Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

4 hours ago, Grego said:

Thanks for posting that link to a great explanation of the Medallion process and its future.  Knowing the track record of Accenture there is little doubt this will be working as advertised soon. 

45 minutes ago, memoak said:

Having dealt with Accenture for the last 8 years I would give them a 50-50 chance to get it to work correctly.  Some of their folks are very talented some others not so much

My personal experience with Accenture:

1) They are excellent at generating billings.

2) Getting stuff to work?  Not so much.

Coincidently, 2 benefits 1.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

My personal experience with Accenture:

1) They are excellent at generating billings.

2) Getting stuff to work?  Not so much.

Coincidently, 2 benefits 1.

Perhaps we should get away from discussing the giant consulting firms that grew out of the big accounting firms.  Suffice to say they have their strengths and weaknesses.  Often, they have a small number of top people who earn and bill the big bucks running the show and a bunch of lower wage earners, including off-shore, who are not the snazzy ones who come to the sales calls, etc.  So, it can sometimes impact on performance and results.  My personal experience is that clients are best served by boutique consulting firms and independents who rely 100% on their performance and reputation for future business, whereas a lot of companies just make the "safe" choice and hire a big firm on the old saw that "no one gets fired for hiring ______"  (fill in the blank with IBM, etc). 

What we should focus on is keeping Princess' feet to the fire on the issues and functionality so they will attend to the system and get it fixed and working to meet guest expectations.

• Like 2

I agree with the above.  This thread has been hijacked.  It started out as people asking how to do things with the app and what specifically works or doesn’t.  The long tirade on who is behind the app is totally irrelevant to the average Princess passenger.

Norm

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nreeder said:

I agree with the above.  This thread has been hijacked.  It started out as people asking how to do things with the app and what specifically works or doesn’t.  The long tirade on who is behind the app is totally irrelevant to the average Princess passenger.

Norm

Your 'long tirade consists' of six posts.

'what specifically works or doesn't' is directly affected by who is working on it.

On 8/19/2021 at 12:22 PM, wowzz said:

Do people still use those!

I just stream off the internet and download onto my phone and tablet. Then connect via bluetooth to the car stereo. 

I still use my Ipod Nano which is over ten years old.  I can't believe the battery has never been changed

• Like 1

Related topic - my Upcoming Cruises on Princess website still shows a cruise that they have cancelled. It was to sail on Oct 24 2021. Not a big deal but still irritating and points to a lack of discipline on the site.

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Related topic - my Upcoming Cruises on Princess website still shows a cruise that they have cancelled. It was to sail on Oct 24 2021. Not a big deal but still irritating and points to a lack of discipline on the site.

I've noticed that with our cancellations.  I don't think they fall off until they reach the sail date.

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

It will fall off.  Ours took a while, until everyone had been refunded or FCC’s had been accomplished on that sailing.

Ours was the Nov 14 sailing from Rome.

It took a while.

On 7/1/2021 at 1:14 PM, kristicruise said:

Does anyone know the size of the actual medallion?  Is it the same size as the Apple Air Tag?  I am looking for alternate ways to wear this thing but can not find the actual size of it. Thanks in advance

We use these holders that slip onto our watchbands. I use a Fitbit and my DH uses a standard watch with leather bands these work great on both and people on board always ask where we got them!  We get them on Amazon. 

image.thumb.png.f18d8c9c4d569422206d474760efe0f1.png

Edited by Shelly97060
Corrected post
  • Like 1

Under 'Personal Information & Documents' it says 'Security Photo'
Then it says 'Take or upload a photo to be used for guest identification ..etc' 

But when I touch 'Add Photo', it only lets me take a new one, not access my photos on my iphone

Any ideas? 

59 minutes ago, debsjc said:

Under 'Personal Information & Documents' it says 'Security Photo'
Then it says 'Take or upload a photo to be used for guest identification ..etc' 

But when I touch 'Add Photo', it only lets me take a new one, not access my photos on my iphone

Any ideas? 

I would check and make sure your settings allow access to photos.  

For those unsure how to do this ( on iPhone) click on the phones Settings and then scroll down until you see the MedallionClass app. Click on MedallionClass icon and you will see what the app has access to...the top item is photos.  If you click on photos you get the choice of allowing access to all photos, selected  photos or none. For simplicity I choose all photos. 

hope this solves your issue. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, debsjc said:

I had checked that, but it only offers me the option of 'add photos only' or 'none' so I guess I will have to take a new photo 

Same here.  That’s the only options on my iphone 12 mini.

Has anyone been able to download a picture from your photos, instead of taking a new one?

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Same here.  That’s the only options on my iphone 12 mini.

Has anyone been able to download a picture from your photos, instead of taking a new one?

If I had to guess...my guess would be that Princess wants a new photo. Just like the old days (remember those?). The first thing they did when you actually stepped on the ship was to take your picture.

18 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

If I had to guess...my guess would be that Princess wants a new photo. Just like the old days (remember those?). The first thing they did when you actually stepped on the ship was to take your picture.

They want a new picture so they can identify you. Imagine someone uploading a 20 year old photo with hair when they are now bald

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

They want a new picture so they can identify you. Imagine someone uploading a 20 year old photo with hair when they are now bald

But then they should change the wording from '' 'Take or upload a photo to be used for guest identification ''   To just  Take .... and leave out upload! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, debsjc said:

But then they should change the wording from '' 'Take or upload a photo to be used for guest identification ''   To just  Take .... and leave out upload! 

Initially I could upload but Medallion has since lost DW photo and now only lets me take a new one Settings shows just Add Photos Only 

Edited by Tedferg

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

If you managed to use an older photo I wouldn't be surprised if they insisted on taking a new one when you try to board.

How old is old?  My passport photo is over 8 years old.  Certainly that wouldn't be declined.  My high school yearbook, however, is 49 years old.  Needs to be defined.

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

If you managed to use an older photo I wouldn't be surprised if they insisted on taking a new one when you try to board.

I was only going to use one taken last month. If I took one yesterday, in my pj's with frizzy hair that would even less like I will on the ship .... hopefully 😀

After a long day and an amount of cursing, DH managed to register us both on his phone (I do not have a suitable device).  My question is simple - can I just go to a bar, unaccompanied, clutching my medallion and be served in the old-fashioned way?  

By the way, I am over 21........

Lou

28 minutes ago, Louby-Lou said:

After a long day and an amount of cursing, DH managed to register us both on his phone (I do not have a suitable device).  My question is simple - can I just go to a bar, unaccompanied, clutching my medallion and be served in the old-fashioned way?  

By the way, I am over 21........

Lou

Yes, of course you can.  The most important thing you need OB is your ocean medallion.  It opens your cabin door as you approach it, use it to order coffees and drinks.  Lets you off and on the ship at the ports.  Use it to purchase items in the gift shops, spas etc OB.

Just like you used to use your card OB.

You don’t have to worry about the app

once you’re OB.  You can access the app items on your TV, like your folio, menus, activities etc.

No worries!