Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

I have an iphone 6 that just auto-upgraded to IOS 12.5.4 last night.  Today I got an email bumping us to a min-suite for a November cruise on Sky so I thought I might as well get started with MedallionClass.

When downloading I got a msg that the app required IOS 13.x but I could download an older version of MC that would work.  So I did.  When I then opened the app it wouldn't let me do anything.

The App Store wouldn't lie to me, would it?  

Princess main phone number has press 9 for Medallion FAQ it states iOS 13 and Android 8. is minimum requirement. 

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You need an iphone 8 or higher.  Do you have an ipad?

Our iPhone SE is fine. I was confirming for previous poster. Having said that the app does not work on any device we have, iPhone or iPad:-)

Edited by Tedferg

6 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Our iPhone SE is fine. I was confirming for previous poster. Having said that the app does not work on any device we have, iPhone or iPad:-)

Good.  Isn’t the SE, the equivalent to iphone 6s?  My iphone 6 would not work

because it could not be updated to the newest IOS, they stopped updates for it at Apple.  Anyway, Princess told me I needed an iphone 8 or higher.  Crazy!!!

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Good.  Isn’t the SE, the equivalent to iphone 6s?  My iphone 6 would not work

because it could not be updated to the newest IOS, they stopped updates for it at Apple.  Anyway, Princess told me I needed an iphone 8 or higher.  Crazy!!!

Not sure. We have first generation SE. mostly because of size, easy to put in pocket. We are minimal users of cell phone but always keep OS up to date we are at 14.7.1

10 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Not sure. We have first generation SE. mostly because of size, easy to put in pocket. We are minimal users of cell phone but always keep OS up to date we are at 14.7.1

I think I could only update to 13 something and that wasn’t good enough. Glad it works for you.

58 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

I have spent hours on hold several different times trying unsuccessfully to fix problems with an app that might save me 20-30 min. at embarkation. Not too bright,  but pretty stubborn.  🤪

So right ! You just burst my bubble 🙂

My experience is that the dumb app did not work with either Android 8 or 9 on two different ATT phones, so don't spend $ with them hoping for a fix.  Princess seems to have very incompetent coders since the airlines and rental car companies know how to make their apps work with older equipment.  Sad commentary coming from Princess!  Leaving Sunday on Majestic from Seattle, so will find out in person how incompetent they are to have removed options from the website.

1 hour ago, UOduck said:

My experience is that the dumb app did not work with either Android 8 or 9 on two different ATT phones, so don't spend $ with them hoping for a fix.  Princess seems to have very incompetent coders since the airlines and rental car companies know how to make their apps work with older equipment.  Sad commentary coming from Princess!  Leaving Sunday on Majestic from Seattle, so will find out in person how incompetent they are to have removed options from the website.

Please let us know how it goes for you boarding   We don’t sail till January but are having many issues with the app

13 hours ago, UOduck said:

The app is written by a outside company and are not Princess "coders".  We all agree the rollout of the app is not going well but should agree that when it is "fixed" it will be a great tool for those that wish to use it.

• Like 1

I agree with Grego.  Princess is getting lots of feedback about this app.   I myself have not had any issues with the app.  All my info is there and I am waiting for the arrival time to open up 30 days prior to my cruise.  I already scheduled specialty dining in the app.  I feel bad for all those who have or continue to have major problems.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grego said:

but should agree that when it is "fixed" it will be a great tool for those that wish to use it.

Why should we agree to this?

A more reasonable statement is that it may be a useable tool.

Hard to predict greatness, or even utility at this point...

Besides, I think you already told us it was great.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Grego said:

when it is "fixed" it will be a great tool for those that wish to use it.

The operative statement is "for those that wish to use it."

For the Nth time, any sensible plan would have left the PC version intact for those who do not see any value in the App. I would be in the group that sees no value, except maybe to change a dinner reservation - but I could do that from our cabin.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

The operative statement is "for those that wish to use it."

For the Nth time, any sensible plan would have left the PC version intact for those who do not see any value in the App. I would be in the group that sees no value, except maybe to change a dinner reservation - but I could do that from our cabin.

Agree 100%. Why eliminate access something that was working well? Why not make the app optional for those that wish to use it and have the equipment & knowledge to access it? Why even spend the funds during a shutdown when there is no income? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grego said:

when it is "fixed" it will be a great tool for those that wish to use it.

I've really got to ask what is so great about it? Letting me order drinks anywhere on the ship is nice, but it's not like it's been hard to find a bar on any cruise ship I've been on. And similarly, making dinner reservations from anywhere is nice, but it's not real difficult to go up to the restaurant and sign up there, much less doing it from the TV in my cabin. It really sounds like they've ignored the basic rule that 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

• Like 3