Cruise cancellation extended until 17th December 2021

3 minutes ago, mr walker said:

The other option offered was for a transfer to the following year '23 within a 4 weeks window. There is not QLD coastal listed and the cruise that covers the same time (from 26th Mar) is Southern NZ. I love cruising NZ, but late Mar/early Apr would be too late in the season weather-wise for NZ for us.

Anyway, we don' t have to decide immediately.

We did an NZ cruise in 2019, departing Auckland 29th March and it was great. One wet day in Tauranga but that was all, and we had two days there so it didn't matter. It wasn't even as cold as I expected in Dunedin. Plus it was Bluff Oyster season. 😊

And it was the first time in four port stops in Hobart that Mt Wellington didn't have its head in the clouds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

And it was the first time in four port stops in Hobart that Mt Wellington didn't have its head in the clouds.

Reminds me of our first cruise to NZ... first stop Auckland, couldn't see the sky tower... on our next visit a clear  sunny day.. and had lunch in the cafe at the top of sky tower... very nice... and so was the view ..

Don

PS   have manage Mt Wellington on a clear day... about 5 deg and don't talk about the wind   lol

Saw a post on instagram the other day it stated our 2 Carnival ships were heading for, think it was,  France....temporary memory lapse😁 to get their new livery. Perhaps P.O are doing same....creates  a sense of unease when they head anywhere near Aliaga...🤪

Has anyone who moved from a Princess cruise in 2021 to 2022 had their cruise planner updated yet?  I am still showing both the cancelled 2021 cruise and the new one in 2022 at the normal not protected price.  It is showing deposit due by 11 Aug. 

1 hour ago, Tikibird said:

Has anyone who moved from a Princess cruise in 2021 to 2022 had their cruise planner updated yet?  I am still showing both the cancelled 2021 cruise and the new one in 2022 at the normal not protected price.  It is showing deposit due by 11 Aug. 

I just checked, and mine has not been updated. They did warn us that it might take some time.

"Please note that due to the significant volume of bookings impacted by these changes, we ask for your patience in affording us the time to work through processing rebookings, refunds and FCCs. We are working hard to make sure every booking is handled accurately and efficiently. "

No, our booking says deposit to be paid by July 17th which is well and truly passed. As the cut off date to make a decision about your cancelled cruise is July 31st, I doubt the cancelled cruises will drop off until after then and our new cruise prices adjusted. I'm not stressed about it.

2 hours ago, Tikibird said:

Yes, mine has been updated. Old cruise gone, new cruise with new deposit date and amount in cruise planner. It's actually less than the old amount as fees are cheaper for some reason.

8 hours ago, Tikibird said:

Yes mine was done within 10 days.  The old cruises dropped off when the price matching was done.

I noticed that prior to this there was no option to make payments on the new bookings.  Where it asks for credit card/paypal or bpay

22 hours ago, woodscruise said:

According to Marine Traffic and Equasis she is still known as Golden Princess. Marine Traffic is shown her underway to Suez. 

On Cruisemapper she is referred to as Pacific Adventure.  I usually look under both names.

This was put out by Carnival last October so she is officially P&Os.  A little bird told me this morning that she has had some refurbishment done but he was not sure how much.

October 21, 2020 3:15PM PT

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. – Princess Cruises, the world’s leading international premium cruise line, today confirmed the official transfer of Golden Princess and the accelerated transition of Star Princess to P&O Cruises Australia. Previously announced in 2018, the two vessels will now debut as Pacific Adventure (Golden Princess) and Pacific Encounter (Star Princess) anticipated to sail in 2021.

Pacific Explorer has now turned around from Klang and is headed toward Singapore anchorage.  Little work-horse.

One still reads on CC of Americans and Brits looking forward to their Jan, Feb 2022 cruises from Straya, on various cruise lines. Would you agree they are dreamin? 

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Or (I know dreaming also) Cruises sail, but only with Aussies on board. What happens then with their bookings?

Cancelled I suppose if foreigners not permitted in.

52 minutes ago, NSWP said:

One still reads on CC of Americans and Brits looking forward to their Jan, Feb 2022 cruises from Straya, on various cruise lines. Would you agree they are dreamin? 

Maybe. 

Definitely if NSW doesn't get this outbreak under control.

But if Anna in QLD is amenable there could be QLD cruises, and if VIC and TAS are amenable there could be Melbourne to Tassie cruises. 

If WA joins the party then Top End cruises to/from Brisbane are a possibility.

It's still too soon to call quits on this. I think there might be some leanings going on behind the scenes towards restarting restricted cruising here but who knows what will happen.

Did somebody say….’you must be dreaming’

we have an election next year.

Scomo will not make any decisions that could  cost him.

would love a cruise in Australia, with only Aussies and Kiwi but won’t happen.

sorry.

eileen

13 hours ago, Tikibird said:

Mine (for October this year moved to November next) ticked over today - exactly the same payment conditions (nothing until Sept 22 now). Until today was only showing the old cruise.

Finally sorted!  New booking is on the 2021 booking number but now in 2022 same price and OBC.  I had to call to get the cabin switched as the one I want was on the temp booking and I chose one of the obstructed oceanviews between 2 lifeboats so there should be a bit of a view.  Tenp dupe booking cancelled,  Also they had coded it wrong, I want to be upgraded if the opportunity arises so they had to add that bit in.  But now hopefully nothing to worry about until final payment Sept 2022.

• Like 1

Finally sorted!  New booking is on the 2021 booking number but now in 2022 same price and OBC.  I had to call to get the cabin switched as the one I want was on the temp booking and I chose one of the obstructed oceanviews between 2 lifeboats so there should be a bit of a view.  Tenp dupe booking cancelled,  Also they had coded it wrong, I want to be upgraded if the opportunity arises so they had to add that bit in.  But now hopefully nothing to worry about until final payment Sept 2022.

Did your cruise work out cheaper than original booking? Ours did, port costs were less. We also received additional OBC and a complimentary speciality restaurant dinner.

Just interested in thoughts - Ponant has started advertising cruises for late 2021 (‘22 not concerned with) do you think they could possibly meet the criteria for small ships seeing most ships have 350+ pax.? And wouldn’t be Aussie crews, could they do Kimberley, East Coast Aus, NZ etc before the date of 17/12/21 changes? Have these lines - Ponant, APT, been given the go ahead - has anyone heard?

Rose

3 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Just interested in thoughts - Ponant has started advertising cruises for late 2021 (‘22 not concerned with) do you think they could possibly meet the criteria for small ships seeing most ships have 350+ pax.? And wouldn’t be Aussie crews, could they do Kimberley, East Coast Aus, NZ etc before the date of 17/12/21 changes? Have these lines - Ponant, APT, been given the go ahead - has anyone heard?

Rose

Ponant have had a program planned prior to Covid, they added in a few extra cruises and changed a few of the itineraries. I believe one ship was always meant to be here, the second was heading to Asia following the Kimberley trips. The Tasmania one was always planned as they sponsor the Sydney to Hobart.

They have added in a few new NZ ones, but I dont believe they have approval yet, when people ask on their facebook page, they provide a stock standard response, ‘we are currently working with the relevant authorities blah blah..’

We booked the January Ross sea Antartica one and the NZ one before hand, as we had a few discounts that made it very affordable. In saying that, it meant that if it doesn’t go ahead, we could transfer onto the following year (if they sail that itinerary again) for what would be a significant saving, or use our discount (we had to carry it over as it has expired) to book another probably the North West passage.