When is the boarding time available for selection?

tillys mom

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I can't make any dining reservations whatsoever,  for our October cruise. Not bothered, as we will decide each night what we will do, but thought I would experiment.

I am thinking they may have shut it down - unannounced - for the time being.  Quite the messy affair.

Just now, Steelers36 said:

I am thinking they may have shut it down - unannounced - for the time being.  Quite the messy affair.

8/31/21 - should be the answer to ALL questions in ALL threads that has anything to do with the "app"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PAMJP said:

Following on, I’ve spoken to a lovely lady called Beth who checked my booking and could now advise me that we will be leaving from Ocean Terminal on 31st July and boarding will commence at 12.30 pm. They are still working on getting the app available so that we can book our slot for boarding, she also confirmed that as we are Platinum we will get priority. As for cabins, they are still working on them.  Just keep trying over the next few days and hopefully they will show up , Beth also says that they are having a team meeting later today to update them on what is happening and she will certainly raise these questions. Get our cruise sorted then hopefully it will be all systems go for the August ones here in UK. All we need now is Boris to update us later with all the good news!

Thanks for the info PAMJP. Really helpful. Pretty much everything else has worked ok for us in the app.  We will just sit tight but keep checking back.

• Thanks 1

When I was finally able to log on to the Medallion app in late June I was able to set up dining reservations (same time, same dining room every night) for our March 2022 cruise group (me and DH; 2 brothers and their spouses) and our July 2022 cruise group (me and DH; son and daughter and their spouses; and 2 granddaughters).  I was not able to figure out to reserve the one night specialty dining promo we all have on the July 2022 cruise.  We are elite so that may be why we were able to reserve so far in advance.  I couldn't make dining reservations on our April 2023 cruise yet.

23 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Also, they need to have a window for Elites and Suites ahead of general release.  Then Platinum.  Then general.  At least 1 day, then 1 day, then general.

Agree.

And as an aside, this process does work for Dine My Way. After watching the Monday vid last week I was fooling around with the scheduling, and was able to book dinner times and locations.

I don't sail Princess till next fall (2022), so they have the technology. 

E status. 

Well, our July 31st boarding has just shown up on Medallion app for Regal Princess. Booked group A 11.15 to 11.45 which is great for us. Still no cabin assigned yet. Really feel like it’s now not long to wait!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very confused,  booked in a suite as sold to us on the perks benefits - phoned to see if I should book restaurant - operator said yes (at booking was told just rock up and eat, no queue?) so booked a time for each evening in Estrella (think that's the club class dining but not been told , apart from asking on cc??) asked about boarding (10 September) told keep checking app to book - the suite perks are disappearing before my eyes, not that boarding and dining time are the most essential perk but frustrating that they sell you it, as a perk and then it appears it doesn't exist :(

snnc2005; if you booked a suite you should have club class dining;  no need to reserve a dining time.  I have a suite booked for Oct and medallion class app never asked me to book a time because it knows I have club class dining.

On 7/4/2021 at 11:45 AM, Sea Hag said:

Mine came out before final payment. Maybe 70 days? Something like that.

We are sailing December 4th. We can not choose our arrival time yet and we are paid in full 

16 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

We are sailing December 4th. We can not choose our arrival time yet and we are paid in full 

We're paid in full for a 10/31 sailing, and I can't choose an arrival time for that one yet. I'll try again after we return from the 8/29 Alaska sailing.

What happens for those who book late? I am looking at a cruise next month and may book tomorrow. If so, I'll take the air through Princess and the transfer. I won't have much control as to when I'll arrive at the port in Seattle. 

14 hours ago, AF-1 said:

snnc2005; if you booked a suite you should have club class dining;  no need to reserve a dining time.  I have a suite booked for Oct and medallion class app never asked me to book a time because it knows I have club class dining.

Ok thanks for reply - I don' know if it "asked" me as such but the option was there - from your comment guessing we can just sort it out when we are onboard !

1 minute ago, snnc2005 said:

Ok thanks for reply - I don' know if it "asked" me as such but the option was there - from your comment guessing we can just sort it out when we are onboard !

Wonder if its because we don't have a cabin assigned yet?

11 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

I have been able to book for October and December, but not Sept, so I believe it is hit and miss

I too sail in Oct. App says try closer to your sail date.  I will wait until mid to late August or first of Sept No big deal.  I will get on before the ship sails away.

I wonder if there are differences in when you can book your arrival times depending on what port you are embarking from.  Capabilities vary with different terminals.  Port Everglades is well established for the medallion whereas others will still be in a learning cycle and size limitations.

Grego, someone on a different medallion thread said they are 12 days out and got their arrival time on the app. So, I assumed 30 days out; but it may be less than that.  I like your theory of times being assigned based on which port you sail from

1 hour ago, Grego said:

I wonder if there are differences in when you can book your arrival times depending on what port you are embarking from.  Capabilities vary with different terminals.  Port Everglades is well established for the medallion whereas others will still be in a learning cycle and size limitations.

8 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Grego, someone on a different medallion thread said they are 12 days out and got their arrival time on the app. So, I assumed 30 days out; but it may be less than that.  I like your theory of times being assigned based on which port you sail from

Princess just needs to step and state their plan and policy in this regard.  And anyone inquiring should emphasize with them that they need to open it up first to Suites & Elites, then Platinum, then the rest.

On 7/4/2021 at 1:51 PM, Steelers36 said:

There is no reason for Princess not to publish an official policy.  Also, they need to have a window for Elites and Suites ahead of general release.  Then Platinum.  Then general.  At least 1 day, then 1 day, then general.

This! 👆👆👆👆👆

• Like 2

I was able to select an arrival time for our 30th August cruise on Sky Princess late last night, they weren’t available earlier in the day when I checked, but still waiting for the cabin to be assigned 

We are 6 days from cruise - still unable to choose a boarding time.

Had a revised Booking Confirmation today with this note on it.  They know its not working well.

It's almost time for your cruise! Most of you have completed the OceanReady process and will enjoy expedited check-in on embarkation day via the Green Lane. Some of you may have experienced challenges completing the Travel Checklist, but rest assured we will be able to get you checked in and accommodate any issues you may have.

We appreciate your patience as we continue to refine the MedallionClass experience so we can make your cruise holiday even better.

• Thanks 1

Double duty today while I was on chat with Princess this afternoon.  She couldn't solve one issue so I moved on to the next.  Can she help me with getting an arrival time.  She took me all over the app.  I told her that I could "see" nothing that she was referring to.  "We" were on hold as she contacted OCEAN Navigator.  Useless as always. 

They know of the problem (not being able to get an assigned time).  They could not/would not get me an assigned time.  They told me to check back daily.  They told me that I would get an email when this is resolved.  I'm not holding me breath until I receive an email.  Elite/Suite will not get advance notice.  They do not have an estimated how long out before you can get slot.  

Did I cover everything?  Anything new?  NO.....

Oh, yes....please contact OCEAN Navigator directly by calling number.  UMMMM...NO....Been there, done that, not wasting another day to be promised nothing.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

I've been having problems all day with the medallion app. I can't select arrive or departure time. I bought my air through Princess and the transfer. (I'm sailing solo, so the transfer is cost effective compared to Uber or a cab.) So Princess knows when I'll be getting to the port. I don't want to get there and then have to wait an hour to board the ship. 

I used a previous version of the app, and the new version says it has my personal info, travel docs, security photo, and profile photo. It won't let me accept the passage contract and Covid-19 risk acceptance. I finally got it to accept a credit card. I don't see anywhere to make dining reservations. I found place to choose my dining style preference.