Submitting Proof of Vaccination to Princess

lx200gps

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

Certainly a person who is dishonest, and has gone to the trouble to forge a card will suddenly have a change of heart at the pier

and say: ooops, I can't board, I forged my card.   Apologies.   Oh, and please deny me a refund.

True, but it's one way that the cruise line can say that they accepted the documents that the passenger attested to in good faith.  If the passenger lied or was deceitful, then the onus is on the passenger and not the corporation (in a perfect world).

We can only hope that people are decent and will do the right thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Thanks for the words of comfort ;o) I'm not so much concerned with our two forms of proof taken in isolation, they are fine.  I'm more concerned with the optics of presenting two different pieces of paper, from the same jurisdiction, for two persons from the same household, that are very clearly different in appearance. 

In any case, Canada and the US are clearly working together right now on re-opening our mutual border, with in the next month or so, and as part of that, I'm sure they are working on a mutually acceptable "vaccination passport" allowing relatively free travel between our two countries.  I'm VERY confident that such as document would be perfectly acceptable to a cruise line.

Para #1:  Are from ON?  I get what you are saying, but since there are different types of forms and documents, the check-in folks are going to be seeing lots of different forms.  Shouldn't raise an eyebrow - an if it does - just tell them you were vaccinated separately.  I know of multiple couples who were not vaccinated together at the same time.

Para #2:  Yes, I realize there is work going on behind the scene, but they are not at all forthcoming about it in Canada.  I am expecting a change for the July 21 deadline too, but recently begun to think - based on past behavior - that our PM will try and push it off until after the election he is about to call.  Since most Canadians have been scared half to death, they can run polls and get a majority not in favor of re-opening soon/now.  But there is no reason at all not to open to fully-vaccinated.  I do hope any further foot-dragging prompts the US to say "screw-you, we are opening it up".

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

True, but it's one way that the cruise line can say that they accepted the documents that the passenger attested to in good faith.  If the passenger lied or was deceitful, then the onus is on the passenger and not the corporation (in a perfect world).

Yes, they could be sued or charged with fraud, Princess could dump them off at a port with no help, no refunds and they could even ban them as a passenger (airlines do this for disruptive passengers).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Para #1:  Are from ON?  I get what you are saying, but since there are different types of forms and documents, the check-in folks are going to be seeing lots of different forms.  Shouldn't raise an eyebrow - an if it does - just tell them you were vaccinated separately.  I know of multiple couples who were not vaccinated together at the same time.

Para #2:  Yes, I realize there is work going on behind the scene, but they are not at all forthcoming about it in Canada.  I am expecting a change for the July 21 deadline too, but recently begun to think - based on past behavior - that our PM will try and push it off until after the election he is about to call.  Since most Canadians have been scared half to death, they can run polls and get a majority not in favor of re-opening soon/now.  But there is no reason at all not to open to fully-vaccinated.  I do hope any further foot-dragging prompts the US to say "screw-you, we are opening it up".

Pretty hard to unilaterally open an international border - anyone crossing into or out of Canada could be arrested by the mounted police.  Do you think Mexico can unilaterally open the US border to all ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Has the last 18 months taught you nothing? Most people are decent but I wouldn't put it past a segment of the population to travel with false documents and endanger everyone. They're usually the ones going on about their freedoms being in fringed upon. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

Pretty hard to unilaterally open an international border - anyone crossing into or out of Canada could be arrested by the mounted police.  Do you think Mexico can unilaterally open the US border to all ? 

Perhaps you misunderstand me.  The US could potentially open the land border FROM Canada TO the USA and we could drive or walk over legally (presuming fully-vaccinated for now).  We can FLY to USA no problem all through Covid, while not same for Americans to fly here. 

As a Canadian who could drive into USA under such a situation, I could still drive back home anytime as citizens are always able to return home.  Canada has stopped the quarantine for returning Canadians who are fully-vaccinated.

There won't be any Mounties stopping people from leaving the country if the USA acted unilaterally.  In fact, any country can decide who they want to let in or not let in and under what conditions.  The land border situation has been quite unique - kind of like the EU cooperating. 

Mexico can also decide to allow in whoever they want to.  They cannot decide who the US lets in - same as Canada.  The land border thing has - thus far - been a cooperative thing done with similar, but not totally equal policies.  There is much more fever in US to open up the border and if a date is not set this time, the call for unilateral action within the US will be very loud.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fluffybunny22 said:

Has the last 18 months taught you nothing? Most people are decent but I wouldn't put it past a segment of the population to travel with false documents and endanger everyone. They're usually the ones going on about their freedoms being in fringed upon. 

Makes me think of the guy we met in the lobby of a hotel in Colorado. The signs all said masks were not necessary if you were fully vaccinated. This guy had no mask on and told me he wasn't vaccinated and had no intention of getting vaccinated but said, "I identify as vaccinated". What a jerk. So many dishonest people.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

From reading cruise critic, I have learned that there are certainly some bad apples in the honesty basket.

For instance, long before covid, there was a thread about the health questionaire...

Not every correspondent said they would fill it out honestly, if it meant being denied boarding.

There were many posts asking for a copy of the most recent questionaire, so it could be

filled out in advance...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Makes me think of the guy we met in the lobby of a hotel in Colorado. The signs all said masks were not necessary if you were fully vaccinated. This guy had no mask on and told me he wasn't vaccinated and had no intention of getting vaccinated but said, "I identify as vaccinated". What a jerk. So many dishonest people.

No intention of being vaccinated but identifies as vaccinated, hard to get your head around that.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 4:54 AM, lx200gps said:

Question for those folks lucky enough to be sailing on Princess in the next few months, such as those sailing to Alaska starting later this month. Princess is clear in requiring proof of vaccination prior to sailing. Exactly how are you submitting your proof (only through the app, by Email, through your TA etc), how far in advance are you submitting it, and very importantly, does Princess provide formal proof of receipt and acceptance of your submitted proof.

I seem to have read somewhere, either on a Princess page that pops up when booking a cabin, or even on this forum, that PCL will "take your word" that you are fully vaccinated when booking but will need for you to present your original (no copies) CDC vaccine card upon arrival at the port. If you don't have it at embarkation, you are turned away, as per the info posted. 

• Like 1

Ah! here it is , from a PCL FAQ "Before You Sail." 

<< It is our guests’ responsibility to comply with our current Princess vaccination policy.

Prior to the cruise departure, using the MedallionClass app, guests will be required to attest that they will be fully vaccinated at time of embarkation. This means completing all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days before embarkation. Guests should be ready to show original proof of vaccination at cruise check-in.

The original proof of vaccination should clearly show the guest’s name on the vaccination card matching their photo ID, the dates of vaccine doses (final dose must have been received at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise), and the name of facility administering the vaccination. Alternative proof may be required if there are questions and concerns about the submitted proof of vaccination.

Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding. Information provided will be subject to our privacy notice on princess.com, and shared only as needed with Princess personnel, third parties or local health authorities as part of screening and embarkation-related health protocols.>>

Edited by PRNole47
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

No intention of being vaccinated but identifies as vaccinated, hard to get your head around that.

I wonder if the fool was trying to be clever with that. Many of these types are spreading around bad jokes about gender identity.

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I wonder if the fool was trying to be clever with that. Many of these types are spreading around bad jokes about gender identity.

No. He was actually just a (a different kind of) jerk. He will gladly present himself to any "authority" as vaccinated but will never actually get the vaccination.

Edited by Thrak

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

No. He was actually just a (a different kind of) jerk. He will gladly present himself to any "authority" as vaccinated but will never actually get the vaccination.

Delta (unfortunately) would  be cosmic justice.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

"I identify as vaccinated". What a jerk. So many dishonest people.

If I meet someone who identifies as vaccinated, are there specific pronouns I should use?

I think there could be times when cruisers might be tempted to lie...

For instance, at the very last minute, a spouse is unable to travel.   There is enough

time to substitute a different person ... who may not have vaccine proof.

7 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Delta (unfortunately) would  be cosmic justice.

Unfortunately?

Clearly, you are a much nicer person than I am.

I have no sympathy for people who are unvaccinated.

I have strong sympathy for the medical professionals who have to treat these people...

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Hopefully one of a kind, but unfortunately, probably not.

And it would seem to be foolish to advertise the fact that one is passing for being vaccinated.

I recall at the beginning of the pandemic, sometime in March or April 2020, there were several instances of airline passengers who denied having Covid symptoms in their health questionnaires but actually had contracted the virus at the time of their flights. Mostly in NYC-South FL flights. Contract tracing of about 140-170 pax per flight had to have taken some time.

On 7/7/2021 at 5:26 PM, fluffybunny22 said:

Anyone with a janky vaccine card know how to get proof from the state of NC? Mine is half pencil half ink. I think I might be able to get proof from my doctor's office and will be there next week and can ask but just checking to see if anyone has come across the answer.

I looked at that NC site. It specifically states if you got the vaccine through CVS or Walgreens, etc. you need to contact them for proof.   Out insurance company (Medicare advantage plan) has a form on their website that shows the dates and which vaccine we received, just no batch numbers.  I am taking our cards and the printout from the insurance website.  Hope you find the information you need. 

Mary

The I identify as vaccinated is hilarious.  I got my shot but I know for a fact people are planning to cruise with fake cards, hell I know some of em.  You can buy them like pokemon cards out here.  They are cheaper than pokemon in some cases.  

Protect yourself, and don't worry about the others.  Folks will bend and break rules all the time. 

1 hour ago, trey420 said:

The I identify as vaccinated is hilarious.  I got my shot but I know for a fact people are planning to cruise with fake cards, hell I know some of em.  You can buy them like pokemon cards out here.  They are cheaper than pokemon in some cases.  

Protect yourself, and don't worry about the others.  Folks will bend and break rules all the time. 

My news station just did a report on fake vaccine cards. They cost around 100 bucks. For an extra 50 the seller has a doctor who will input your info into the vaccine system so it seems like you've actually gotten the vaccine. Buying and selling one can get you 5 years in prison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fluffybunny22 said:

My news station just did a report on fake vaccine cards. They cost around 100 bucks. For an extra 50 the seller has a doctor who will input your info into the vaccine system so it seems like you've actually gotten the vaccine. Buying and selling one can get you 5 years in prison.

I wonder what sentence if caught that doctor could get. Maybe 5 years for each card he fraudulently put into the system? 

• Like 1