Submitting Proof of Vaccination to Princess

lx200gps

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

When I was entering the Health Status info, it clearly asked about travel with the past 14 days outside of US/Canada, so they are grouping us together.  I don't see it as an issue for Canadians.  But, yes, international guests will generally have traveled in the past two weeks unless showed up real early for the cruise.

I am not sure what their intent was on this one.  The logical mind might think that someone flying from France or UK or Germany directly to FL to board a cruise would be different than someone who traveled from home to somewhere and to somewhere and ultimately arrived in FL after spending a week in Mexico and a week in the Caribbean (just to make up an example).

I think it's likely a case of "Oh, wow Dude! I never thought about that!". The people doing the coding have no clue about anybody who doesn't live in the US.

Edited by Thrak
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

on our subsequent cruises in December, January and April  the option to upload proof of vaccination is not there.  Could be one of the items that self populates once it is in your account, similar to Medallion Pay.

Same here. But Anna's 1st cruise after OM in April 2022 wants me to upload her verif. 

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

When I was entering the Health Status info, it clearly asked about travel with the past 14 days outside of US/Canada, so they are grouping us together.  I don't see it as an issue for Canadians.  But, yes, international guests will generally have traveled in the past two weeks unless showed up real early for the cruise.

I am not sure what their intent was on this one.  The logical mind might think that someone flying from France or UK or Germany directly to FL to board a cruise would be different than someone who traveled from home to somewhere and to somewhere and ultimately arrived in FL after spending a week in Mexico and a week in the Caribbean (just to make up an example).

Well, no guts, no glory. I decided to answer the question as YES, under the assumption that travelling from the Great White North to Florida to get on cruise ship is technically international travel. The only thing that was different from answering NO is that a small window popped up asking what countries did I travel to. A simple text entry box with no pull down list of countries. I typed in "USA" and that's all it asked. Health Documentation and Health Assessment show as Complete. When I go back in to the Health Assessment, it shows me as answering YES to the international travel, but no sign of the "USA" that I typed in. More quality software development.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Like others here on CC, I've just experienced a new feature coming alive with no notice, and am now able to enter the health info (though still no boarding groups) Question for folks who have entered their health info for a US based cruise. It asks whether you have travelled "internationally" prior to the cruise, and for everyone but US citizens/residents, the answer would be yes. What does does answering yes to that question cause to happen? Does it unleash a testing requirement, etc?

It could also be a "yes" for US citizens.

I get asked the same question when visiting doctors' offices.

I am a little worried that, because I use my middle name in non-official business like getting healthcare, my vax card thus shows my middle name, and is not my legal first name appearing on my passport.  The birthday dates match, however.  Just the first names dont.  At the time I got vaccinated, I did not forsee that the card would be so important for travel, or I would have provided CVS my legal first name to record on it. Hope there is no problem at embarkation.

15 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

It’s interesting because that upload proof of your vaccine isn’t on my sailing.  Wonder if it’s because it’s out of florida and they can’t ask that. 

This is the same for me. I only had the dot for fully vax & checkmark to confirm. No upload. 
my cruise is Sky Princess March 28/22 out of Southampton UK   Got the

3 hours ago, BrandiGreg said:

I am a little worried that, because I use my middle name in non-official business like getting healthcare, my vax card thus shows my middle name, and is not my legal first name appearing on my passport.  The birthday dates match, however.  Just the first names dont.  At the time I got vaccinated, I did not forsee that the card would be so important for travel, or I would have provided CVS my legal first name to record on it. Hope there is no problem at embarkation.

🤞 for you that does sound like it could be a problem.

14 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Well, no guts, no glory. I decided to answer the question as YES, under the assumption that travelling from the Great White North to Florida to get on cruise ship is technically international travel. The only thing that was different from answering NO is that a small window popped up asking what countries did I travel to. A simple text entry box with no pull down list of countries. I typed in "USA" and that's all it asked. Health Documentation and Health Assessment show as Complete. When I go back in to the Health Assessment, it shows me as answering YES to the international travel, but no sign of the "USA" that I typed in. More quality software development.

Seems I spoke too soon. There is a big difference between answering YES or NO in the Health Questionnaire to the question about having travelled internationally within the 14 days prior to sailing. If I answer NO, I am shown as HEALTHY and seem to have to other flags against me. If I answer YES and enter the international travel destination as USA, as flying from Canada to FLL is the only travel I will have done, my Health Status changes from green HEALTHY to yellow NOT WELL with a message saying "! Guests who may be ill will be requested to follow the Yellow Lane upon arrival at the terminal"

Edited by lx200gps

23 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Seems I spoke too soon. There is a big difference between answering YES or NO in the Health Questionnaire to the question about having travelled internationally within the 14 days prior to sailing. If I answer NO, I am shown as HEALTHY and seem to have to other flags against me. If I answer YES and enter the international travel destination as USA, as flying from Canada to FLL is the only travel I will have done, my Health Status changes from green HEALTHY to yellow NOT WELL with a message saying "! Guests who may be ill will be requested to follow the Yellow Lane upon arrival at the terminal"

International travel was mentioned as outside US/Canada in the first version of the Health Status section when it first appeared for me.  Since then, the section has been updated and I no longer see that.  Every question has an "*" at the end which normally refers to a footnote, but we have none of that in the MC App.  IDK if they consider US/Canada travel international now or not.  It may be less of an issue once the border is re-opened and I expect much less of an issue in 2022. 

It would be worth asking Customer Relations if cruising in 2021 if flying to FLL or LAX from Canada is considered international by Princess.

• Like 1

Was watching this YouTube dude named Don he does cruise news says princess says if you got 2 different vaccine on your card they won't accept it.  Don't think we did that much in the states but other places I guess they did.

On 7/7/2021 at 10:19 AM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Princess is exceptionally clear what acceptable proof is. 
https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

@lx200gps I am sailing July 25. I have my original vaccination card as outlined in the above link to the Princess website FAQs. I am also bringing a few other documents and will ask if those are acceptable. I will post the response after boarding and settling in on the live from thread that I will start July 24. 

As of now we are told to bring our proof of vaccination to port at check in.

We will fill out a health questionnaire 72 hours before sailing where we will attest to our vaccination status. Once that becomes available I will post if they require you to upload proof to the MC ap like our passports. As of now we have not been told this will be the case though. 

Interesting.  The policy says that a passenger should be ready to show the original proof of vaccination upon boarding .

But my question is if they actually do check or not

Apologies if this was already posted (I admit I didn’t read all posts in the thread)

I’m in NJ ( Essex County) and I can now access my vaccine records through the docket app. It was pretty easy to do. I have it on my phone and will have this as well as my card when I board in November.

Sounds like more states are starting to use the docket app too. 

39 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

International travel was mentioned as outside US/Canada in the first version of the Health Status section when it first appeared for me.  Since then, the section has been updated and I no longer see that.  Every question has an "*" at the end which normally refers to a footnote, but we have none of that in the MC App.  IDK if they consider US/Canada travel international now or not.  It may be less of an issue once the border is re-opened and I expect much less of an issue in 2022. 

It would be worth asking Customer Relations if cruising in 2021 if flying to FLL or LAX from Canada is considered international by Princess.

I noticed that as well, and couldn't find any footnotes. Seems the "*" simply means that an answer to to the question is "Required". It's in very small text at the top right of the page.

8 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

I noticed that as well, and couldn't find any footnotes. Seems the "*" simply means that an answer to to the question is "Required". It's in very small text at the top right of the page.

Oh, right.  I missed that.  You are correct about what it means.  

48 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Interesting.  The policy says that a passenger should be ready to show the original proof of vaccination upon boarding .

But my question is if they actually do check or not

Whether one must show original proof before boarding

Likely would matter

Only if one does not have legitimate paperwork

Or if one isn't vaccinated ...

Otherwise, producing proof should be a non-issue

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trey420 said:

Was watching this YouTube dude named Don he does cruise news says princess says if you got 2 different vaccine on your card they won't accept it.  Don't think we did that much in the states but other places I guess they did.

That's if the two types are mixed - one vector and one MRA. They're fine with people having one Moderna and one Pfizer, but they aren't fine with one Moderna or Pfizer and on Astrazeneca.

6 hours ago, BrandiGreg said:

I wonder if you can go back to CVS and explain the situation that you will be cruising and need your Vax card to match your passport and they can give you another original card with your name written as it is on your passport?  If it's local, that would be worth a try to save you trouble at check in.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RRFan said:

I wonder if you can go back to CVS and explain the situation that you will be cruising and need your Vax card to match your passport and they can give you another original card with your name written as it is on your passport?  If it's local, that would be worth a try to save you trouble at check in.  

Great idea! Thanks

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 7:54 AM, lx200gps said:

Question for those folks lucky enough to be sailing on Princess in the next few months, such as those sailing to Alaska starting later this month. Princess is clear in requiring proof of vaccination prior to sailing. Exactly how are you submitting your proof (only through the app, by Email, through your TA etc), how far in advance are you submitting it, and very importantly, does Princess provide formal proof of receipt and acceptance of your submitted proof. The Princess website is clear that you would be denied boarding even at the terminal if you failed to submit "proper" proof, but from everyone's experiences here on CC, there are very many different "proof" documents out there.

I ask because I am in a situation where my proof has been somewhat corrupted by an existing, known error in our province's Vaccination database (and yes, it's currently under investigation). My wife has complete and correct proof of vaccination, including her QR code, but I am not able to generate the same document. I do have a manually generated paper document, but it does not appear as the same proof most others have. I'd therefore like to know well in advance whether Princess accepts my proof, and not find out until arriving at the terminal.

With us up in NH, we were vaccinated & given a card by the tech doing the vaccination. It gives the dates, the type(Modurna/Pfizer/ J&J)The card is signed by the tech. We had them laminated. We are then entered into the state of NH data base, should proof be required. I'll be clear on this, those NOT vaccinated should not be allowed on board, period. If someone has had the bug, they should have the antibodies. We certainly don't need the issues like that loudmouthed lady from NY who created quite the scene recently on RCCL. People like that should denied permanently. Look it up on YouTube to see how NOT to behave. Totally self entitled beyotch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BrandiGreg said:

Don't take the chance...go back to CVS and get it changed.

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

That's if the two types are mixed - one vector and one MRA. They're fine with people having one Moderna and one Pfizer, but they aren't fine with one Moderna or Pfizer and on Astrazeneca.

I do not believe Astrazeneca was given in the US only in Europe

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

I do not believe Astrazeneca was given in the US only in Europe

It was also given in Canada. Also there was one poster from the USA who said he and his wife received it in a clinical trial.

On 7/7/2021 at 8:05 AM, lx200gps said:

Thanks, had already read that. The problem is, and yes, I'm being overly cautious, is that my wife and I, with exactly the same vaccination history, have very different "proofs", hence my concern that some overly cautious bureaucrat would notice that, flag it, and cause us grief at embarkation. That's why I would prefer to have Princess's blessing in advance of our departure for the port.

my dh and I have the same thing.  Considering the rush to get folks vaccinated around the country, I would think this very common.  

On 7/7/2021 at 1:20 PM, AF-1 said:

I have my CDC Covid 19 vaccination card.  But I also have the shot info recorded with my Primary Care physician's office.  I plan on printing that and bringing it with me.  To the OP check your local doctor's office and see if they have it registered.  In the United States the local Pharmacy are supposed to send your vaccination dates and dose to your doctor's office.  Hope this helps

This does not always happen, I took the card to primary and had it entered in doctor's records.