Australian Passports

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I wouldn't  hold your breath on getting a refund for the 2 missing years on your passport. Not enough votes in it.

We could send unsolicited texts to all Australians😉. I bet it would get a more positive response than the UAP ads😂

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 5:07 PM, LC1950 said:

Personally I think we should get a rebate on our passports.  They have be unused these past 2 years. 

Agree, 2yr extension from Scomo. I was last overseas with my late wife, using my passport in May 2019, Noordam, Sydney to Honolulu and 10 days there. Wonderful.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ozziepost said:

We are moving to Geelong! (spiritoftasmania.com.au) this link might interest you the only photo I have is when the red and white boat visited CQ north in Sept 2020 about the time the announcement was made. CQ south is to the right of the SPOT where the large red and white tender is berthed.

1165233382_SPOTvisittoCQNorthSept2020.thumb.JPG.23b9dec8c234d35e738c1df4d98e5155.JPG

Thanks for the photo and link. Just might have to consider an "overseas" trip to Tassie.

1 minute ago, CRUISING ALONG said:

Unfortunately  Australian Passports will not be extended or refunded. I have attached a screenshot from smartraveller.gov.au facebook pages from several months ago when a couple of people raised this question. 

Cheers

CRUISING ALONG

smart traveller facebook Australian passports.jpg

We'll just have to cruise/travel within Aust then.  I just hope cruises circumnavigating Aust don't include an overseas port. 

When I was renewing my licence recently, the clerk reminded me there was no refund.  Thanks!  So I chose four years, which equalled the cost of two single years.  

On 12/31/2021 at 6:53 PM, NSWP said:

Agree, 2yr extension from Scomo. I was last overseas with my late wife, using my passport in May 2019, Noordam, Sydney to Honolulu and 10 days there. Wonderful.

Great idea but just imagine the fuss it would be (particularly by such a disorganised government) to change the expiry dates on everyone's passports!

1 hour ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Great idea but just imagine the fuss it would be (particularly by such a disorganised government) to change the expiry dates on everyone's passports!

But what they could do is give everyone a discount on the renewal fee, equivalent to the cost of two years.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But what they could do is give everyone a discount on the renewal fee, equivalent to the cost of two years.

Or at least the Federal Government could supply us with a month's supply of RATs so that we can check whether, at our age, we'll still likely be alive next week.

Or as a last resort, a packet of Ratsak, to help us along the way more humanely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

At least WA is opening up from 3 March. Bodes well for domestic cruising.

With conditions.

Need to vaxxed and boostered.

Quarantine if unvaxxed

It's a start.

WA’s border opening from Thursday 3 March 2022 (www.wa.gov.au)

Edited by lyndarra