EDGE July 24, 2021 LIVE (B2B)

KKB

7 hours ago, Team Stag said:

So - my wife is what I call a foodie. She works in the industry with many chefs and influencers. Her palette is diverse and incredible.  Getting her on on a cruise ship is tough bc she really enjoys “high level food exerpeinces”. I will say - our Luminae experience has been incredible.  Our Eden experience was also very high level dining.  Not every dish was a hit but we have been very impressed with the quality, presentation & texture so far. 

I did like the Raw on 5 and the EDEN specialty dining experience.  But, while Raw on 5 was good, I don’t think it was any better than any of the sea food I had in Luminae.  EDEN was special.  But, having done it once, and knowing the menu, I’m OK with passing on it this time.  Might look at the Fine Cut Steakhouse, but even there, some have said the steaks in Luminae are every bit as good.  Maybe Le Grand Bistro?  Le Petit Chef looks like it’s geared Monroe towards kids, so probably pass on that, too.

Thanks for your impressions.

8 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I did like the Raw on 5 and the EDEN specialty dining experience.  But, while Raw on 5 was good, I don’t think it was any better than any of the sea food I had in Luminae.  EDEN was special.  But, having done it once, and knowing the menu, I’m OK with passing on it this time.  Might look at the Fine Cut Steakhouse, but even there, some have said the steaks in Luminae are every bit as good.  Maybe Le Grand Bistro?  Le Petit Chef looks like it’s geared Monroe towards kids, so probably pass on that, too.

Thanks for your impressions.

Agree Luminae will spoil you , we just loved Le Petit Chef , menu was good , show was amazing, will definitely do it again on next celebrity cruise in February. 

KKB and Nuts about Golf , you are on board so only you can answer this the best:

Does Captain Kate or her crew give updates on Covid cases on board? Any new protocols? How do you learn about this and keep yourselves updated.

KKB are you concerned about mom coming on board next cruise? Wishing her a safe journey and wishing everyone else a safe return home.

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

KKB and Nuts about Golf , you are on board so only you can answer this the best:

Does Captain Kate or her crew give updates on Covid cases on board? Any new protocols? How do you learn about this and keep yourselves updated.

KKB are you concerned about mom coming on board next cruise? Wishing her a safe journey and wishing everyone else a safe return home.

Yes, 3 separate announcements.  No new protocols have been announced at the moment.  It appears X is requiring a Covid test to go on future sailings including tomorrow, KKB is on a B2B, I’d imagine she’s received or will receive B2B instructions and will report back

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yes, 3 separate announcements.  No new protocols have been announced at the moment.  It appears X is requiring a Covid test to go on future sailings including tomorrow, KKB is on a B2B, I’d imagine she’s received or will receive B2B instructions and will report back

Yes, we are required to get a test prior to cruising.  Below is the email that I received today from Celebrity.

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Edge® for your 7-Night Caribbean sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Before we depart, we have some important information to share regarding our Health and Safety Protocols. Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we return to service, we are continuously evaluating all requirements from local government and health officials. Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises will be enhancing COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests.

All guests over the age two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs.

Unvaccinated guests and children, under 12 years of age, will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, mid-cruise and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be sent separately.

Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered. Additional testing and protocols will be confirmed closer to your sailing departure date in line with the most up to date recommendations from local government and health officials as well as our Healthy Sail Panel. These measures, including vaccination and testing requirements, will evolve along with public health standards.

Celebrity Edge will sail with a vaccinated crew, and at least 95% of guests fully vaccinated. Guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing.  Guests who decline or are unable to show proof of vaccination at boarding will be treated as unvaccinated and subject to additional protocols, restrictions, and costs for COVID-19 testing. For details on our current health and safety protocols please visit  https://www.healthyatsea.com. We’re sailing with fewer guests for more space – and more luxury with even more activities to avoid large gatherings in public spaces.

We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause. We're confident they will deliver a more satisfying vacation experience. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lovetocruise0999 said:

7 cases thus far onboard, another 3 today. It looks like although all vaccinated the delta variant is starting to get a grip and sneak it’s way into cruises.

According to a crew member, 8 total.

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Absolutely. We were updated each day cases were discovered. 
Had COVID test this AM (seems some were found then) & I must get another tomorrow as ALL passengers r now being tested.

No major concerns. We may mask more onboard. 
Will post more tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, KKB said:

Had COVID test this AM (seems some were found then) & I must get another tomorrow as ALL passengers r now being tested.

Will post more tomorrow.

Thank you very much for the update and please keep us posted.  

5 hours ago, lovetocruise0999 said:

7 cases thus far onboard, another 3 today. It looks like although all vaccinated the delta variant is starting to get a grip and sneak it’s way into cruises.

I wonder if the 3 today were just all asymptomatic and only captured due to the required end of cruise testing for people traveling internationally or B2B. If that is the case, and these positive tests are really only just that, I think it is a testament to how well the vaccines work and also how much they limit spread.  It seems like the spread, if any, was limited to immediate travel parties. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

To echo what the others have said; Capt Kate does the announcement to the entire ship (even in the rooms which is rare).  I feel very well informed. 

I think having the CEO on board has been good this week to get things handled and sorted quickly. 

Personally, after the first one was announced, I wasn’t too concerned. When the second pair was announced Thursday; we started getting conservative with our activities. Oddly, my mindset also reverted back to April - May 2020 where someone’s coughs, sneezes or blows their nose - you immediately think “cold, allergies or covid?”  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

I wonder if the 3 today were just all asymptomatic and only captured due to the required end of cruise testing for people traveling internationally or B2B. If that is the case, and these positive tests are really only just that, I think it is a testament to how well the vaccines work and also how much they limit spread.  It seems like the spread, if any, was limited to immediate travel parties. 

3 of the 5 today were contractors hired by the ship to do maintenance. While it was not formally announced that they worked together; that would be my guess. 

In a sobering thought; I’m curious if they tested every passenger on the ship today; what kind of numbers would they find?  Previously it was only those who went to medical for not feeling well. Today the b2B were tested so that expanded pool some. 

• Like 1

So it was 3 over the course of the cruise, and then 5 more today with 3 of them being contractors? So 8 total. Do you know if the 2 guests today were kids or vaccinated/unvaccinated? 

And true you might find more cases if you tested everyone.  But I am not sure it would even be a helpful number.  It no one is actually sick, the vaccines are working and even if there was "spread" it was not noticed due to vaccine protection.  But I think you would have a good idea if there was mass spread happening if you tested the close contacts and found many of them to be positive too.  It seems like when they have been testing close contacts, they have been negative which is a good sign that the vaccine is probably preventing spread. 

8 hours ago, KKB said:

Will post more tomorrow.

We felt Celebrity was transparent and reassuring in this process. We watched two folks get taken by the contact tracing guys yesterday, but I’m assuming they’re fine. 

I’m headed into a school with no mask mandate on Monday. I’d rather stay on the ship, from a Covid standpoint. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Fredric22 said:

So it was 3 over the course of the cruise, and then 5 more today with 3 of them being contractors? So 8 total. Do you know if the 2 guests today were kids or vaccinated/unvaccinated? 

And true you might find more cases if you tested everyone.  But I am not sure it would even be a helpful number.  It no one is actually sick, the vaccines are working and even if there was "spread" it was not noticed due to vaccine protection.  But I think you would have a good idea if there was mass spread happening if you tested the close contacts and found many of them to be positive too.  It seems like when they have been testing close contacts, they have been negative which is a good sign that the vaccine is probably preventing spread. 

Everyone was vaccinated passenger-wise; not sure about the contractors. 

7 hours ago, Fredric22 said:

They did say folks had either had mild symptoms or were asymptomatic. 

Self carry, left the room at 720, joined the self carry line at 725, despite needing to use the terminal elevator which had a small line, we were outside the terminal in 745.  I’d guess there were only 75-100 self carrying off and we were probably in the last 10 pax to self carry off.  No Covid test, as expected facial recognition was working so no need to get out your passport.  Line of taxis waiting, no wait.  Uber said a 9min wait, didn’t check lyft.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Self carry, left the room at 720, joined the self carry line at 725, despite needing to use the terminal elevator which had a small line, we were outside the terminal in 745.  I’d guess there were only 75-100 self carrying off and we were probably in the last 10 pax to self carry off.  No Covid test, as expected facial recognition was working so no need to get out your passport.  Line of taxis waiting, no wait.  Uber said a 9min wait, didn’t check lyft.

Can confirm: super fast. We are already headed north on the highway; we were exiting the port in our car by 7:40. Love the facial recognition! 

I did see a sign on the way out that said “same day Covid testing” with the Healthy at Sea logo on it, so I think they’ll have testing available for today’s cruise only. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After talking to several of who had pre-cruise issues with taxis, we experienced the same but went to a hotel and not an airport (which could be fixed).  In hindsight we should have ask for the credit card price up front while in the taxi line as there’s an terminal employee.  Told us $20 cash and that the credit card machine broken.  Meter said $13

E2FECA0E-A315-4BC0-A1FD-EA8BB70A385D.jpeg

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Hope no infected pax are getting off..that's where the uncontrolled/ untraced  spread  can start...hopefully not the case here!

Hope it was a fun cruise..those coming on may be a bit more nervous!

13 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hope no infected pax are getting off..that's where the uncontrolled/ untraced  spread  can start...hopefully not the case here!

Hope it was a fun cruise..those coming on may be a bit more nervous!

The faces I saw on the way out looked very happy. They may not be after several hours in the heat. 😬