EDGE July 24, 2021 LIVE (B2B)

KKB

6 hours ago, George C said:

I understand paying 25 for a great bottle like Dom , I seen people pay the corkage on a 5 dollar bottle of wine. We are more we are more partial to a good Napa Cabernet,  on a previous celebrity cruise the sommelier in Luminae asked us if he could taste our bottle we allowed him and we were not charged corkage, we are almost never charged on rccl .

yup!  You don’t get charged until you bring it to a dining venue, didn’t plan on opening it that night (at Le Petite of all places, even the staff seemed baffled…ha ha) but Kate's meet and greet changed those plans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Thank you! Must make decision before we board to save extra $60/person.

It is my understanding that the $60.00 additional fee for the wine paring is the same if you add it in advance or on board. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

It is my understanding that the $60.00 additional fee for the wine paring is the same if you add it in advance or on board. 

We might have missed it, but I didn't see an option for booking the wine pairing option when we booked the Chef's Table online.

On 7/27/2021 at 10:38 PM, jcpc said:

graphicguy,

Re ordering from any menu in any restaurant.  When I was on Edge (and I believe this is still the case) this was not applicable to folks eating in Luminae due to the physical distance between the Luminae kitchen (Deck 12) and the kitchens for the 4 Main Dining restaurants (Decks 3 and 4).  I know on the M class ship (Summit for sure) when you eat in Luminae you are automatically given both the Luminae and the "Main Dining Room" menus and if you ask you are given the Blu menu.  This is not so on Edge.  So you can delete that "mental note" from your mind.  No need to clutter up your mind with useless information!🙂

@graphicguy - we are currently on the Edge and our account has been a little different than the poster above. 

They do not issue the mdr menus at Luminae however we have had no issue getting dishes from there this week. My wife loves the Beef Wellington (or the Normandie - beef tenderloin en croute).  We have had at least 3 dishes from the MdR (not including escargots which we have had every night but I think they are prepared in Luminae). 

We do make these requests with our waiter the night before or at lunch the day of. They have been very happy to accommodate our request. We also don’t dine at the “busy time” of 7-8. We either eat at 6 or 8:30 which is our personal choice to just avoid the rush. 

Obviously this may change as they grow closer to full capacity. We were prepared to be told “no” with no issue but ecstatic when told yes. 

Edited by Team Stag
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Course changed, we’re most likely going to Florida

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Looks that way -  Cruise Mapper is showing heading into FLL

Looks like the normal Mexico to Nassau route to me.

1 hour ago, Team Stag said:

@graphicguy - we are currently on the Edge and our account has been a little different than the poster above. 

They do not issue the mdr menus at Luminae however we have had no issue getting dishes from there this week. My wife loves the Beef Wellington (or the Normandie - beef tenderloin en croute).  We have had at least 3 dishes from the MdR (not including escargots which we have had every night but I think they are prepared in Luminae). 

We do make these requests with our waiter the night before or at lunch the day of. They have been very happy to accommodate our request. We also don’t dine at the “busy time” of 7-8. We either eat at 6 or 8:30 which is our personal choice to just avoid the rush. 

Obviously this may change as they grow closer to full capacity. We were prepared to be told “no” with no issue but ecstatic when told yes. 

Thanks!  Appreciate the experience.  I’m thinking I MAY not do any specialty dining on the next cruise and just do MRRs and Luminae!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, loge23 said:

That sounds fab! Thanks for the very tasty review! If you have time, could you answer a couple of questions?

Did you have to book this onboard? We're unable to book it online as of now for some reason.

Does the wine pairing work off the premier beverage package or is it a separate charge?

The wine pairing was a separate $60 per person.  Others drank from their packages but we did the pairing band found it to be well worth it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

So glad you had a great time and with only 8 guests, I can see why it sells out so quickly. If I might ask, which cruise day was it on, as we have it booked on the Aug 7th cruise, and folks have said it's not actually held on embarkation day even though our itinerary says it is.

Ours was on Thursday, day 6.

6 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks!  Appreciate the experience.  I’m thinking I MAY not do any specialty dining on the next cruise and just do MRRs and Luminae!

So - my wife is what I call a foodie. She works in the industry with many chefs and influencers. Her palette is diverse and incredible.  Getting her on on a cruise ship is tough bc she really enjoys “high level food exerpeinces”. I will say - our Luminae experience has been incredible.  Our Eden experience was also very high level dining.  Not every dish was a hit but we have been very impressed with the quality, presentation & texture so far. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

No shortage of folks wearing tuxes on this sailing last night

Leading into this cruise based on this previous post from other cruisers, I fully expected Chic night to have a WAY more casual feel. I did not see that last night. People dusted off their outfits & put them on display! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Team Stag said:

Leading into this cruise based on this previous post from other cruisers, I fully expected Chic night to have a WAY more casual feel. I did not see that last night. People dusted off their outfits & put them on display! 

Interesting.  I don’t think I saw ANY tuxes or gowns on our chic night a couple of weeks ago.  Matter of fact, I can only recall seeing two guys wearing suits on the entire cruise.

Different vibe for your cruise.