EDGE July 24, 2021 LIVE (B2B)

KKB

6 hours ago, Atocha Shipwreck Gal said:

Hi - I see that there are no steps going down into the main part of the pool. Looks like 3 ladders. Can you tell us how those work for older people or heavier people? Just cannot believe there is not a set of steps but I am told there is not. 

This is a real issue on Edge and Apex - and it is the same in the solarium and The Retreat Pool. Ladders in all of them - my mum tried but couldn’t use them. There is a hoist chair but she refuses to use them. If it is any help there are steps for the hot tubs. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, KKB said:

Yes I take a pic of the daily to see everything.

I got a paper invitation about the Captains club meeting in addition to the Voicemail.

Nice!  No paper invitation for us for whatever reason, perhaps you need to have a higher CC status to receive the paper invitation 😃

39 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I want to add a few things about shows:

1). embarkation day, the show was a comedian at 930pm, nothing between 9-930.  Not sure what was happening at 7pm

2)  There are some events that only show up in the daily printout which isn’t listed in the app.  
3) The captains clubs senior officer and capt meet and greet didn’t appear in the app or the daily, they called and left a VM.  Spoke to several pax, many claimed to have not received the VM.  This sailings event was on day 2 at 2pm at the eden; guessing that may vary

I was surprised we didn’t get a chance to meet captain Kate , we were in penthouse.

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Excellent designers consider form AND function.

I guess Celebrity didn't get an "Excellent" designer.     Have you ever seen the munchkin chairs in Retreat?   

I have to agree with others on the functionality of 90% of the chairs on Edge.    One outside of Eden I almost flipped over backward.    I do have to say visually they are interesting and beautiful. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, George C said:

I was surprised we didn’t get a chance to meet captain Kate , we were in penthouse.

she was at the jewelry store yesterday at 815pm, it was in the daily but the event was named “Kallati Captain collection unveiling” which didn’t make it crystal clear that Capt Kate would be present. She’s around the ship quite a bit, generally with other officers along with several security personnel nearby.  Saw her in the buffet today (not to eat) at 1ish

edit to add, I missed the 2pm eden event because I didn’t listen to the VM in time, not sure if it was a meet and greet.  She did a meet and greet at the jewelry store, she interacted and posed for photos.  There was only a few dozen people there at least at 815ish (perhaps more people appeared later) 

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Nice!  No paper invitation for us for whatever reason, perhaps you need to have a higher CC status to receive the paper invitation 😃

LOL THAT definitely isn’t it!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I guess Celebrity didn't get an "Excellent" designer.     Have you ever seen the munchkin chairs in Retreat?   

I have to agree with others on the functionality of 90% of the chairs on Edge.    One outside of Eden I almost flipped over backward.    I do have to say visually they are interesting and beautiful. 

I saw pictures of the original munchkin chairs in the Retreat.  Pretty funny.  I believe they have been removed.  I haven't sailed on an E class ship yet.

10 hours ago, Atocha Shipwreck Gal said:

Hi - I see that there are no steps going down into the main part of the pool. Looks like 3 ladders. Can you tell us how those work for older people or heavier people? Just cannot believe there is not a set of steps but I am told there is not. 

Haven't you seen all of the pictures in Celebrity's advertisements?  There aren't any older or heavier people in the pictures.  No need for steps. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I didn't know that.  Making mental notes.

graphicguy,

Re ordering from any menu in any restaurant.  When I was on Edge (and I believe this is still the case) this was not applicable to folks eating in Luminae due to the physical distance between the Luminae kitchen (Deck 12) and the kitchens for the 4 Main Dining restaurants (Decks 3 and 4).  I know on the M class ship (Summit for sure) when you eat in Luminae you are automatically given both the Luminae and the "Main Dining Room" menus and if you ask you are given the Blu menu.  This is not so on Edge.  So you can delete that "mental note" from your mind.  No need to clutter up your mind with useless information!🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jcpc said:

graphicguy,

Re ordering from any menu in any restaurant.  When I was on Edge (and I believe this is still the case) this was not applicable to folks eating in Luminae due to the physical distance between the Luminae kitchen (Deck 12) and the kitchens for the 4 Main Dining restaurants (Decks 3 and 4).  I know on the M class ship (Summit for sure) when you eat in Luminae you are automatically given both the Luminae and the "Main Dining Room" menus and if you ask you are given the Blu menu.  This is not so on Edge.  So you can delete that "mental note" from your mind.  No need to clutter up your mind with useless information!🙂

I was referring to the MDRs—ie you can order from the Tuscan specialty menu when dining in Cyprus.

So NOT useless info, but actually quite useful. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, KKB said:

... How many seconds in a year?

(Capt Kate’s riddle yesterday—missed the answer)

is it 24? 12?   (remember, riddle, not math) ...

If you use language strictly, the riddler's answer is "12" (January 2nd ["second"], February 2nd, etc.).

If you use language loosely, the riddler's  answer is "24" (January 2nd, January 22nd, etc.).

If you use math, there are three answers:

(1) the number of seconds in a non-leap year,

(2) the number of seconds in a leap year, and

(3) the number of seconds in the occasional weird year in which a "leap second" must be added "in order to keep UTC in alignment with the Earth's rotation."  It last happened on December 31, 2016.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

she was at the jewelry store yesterday at 815pm, it was in the daily but the event was named “Kallati Captain collection unveiling” which didn’t make it crystal clear that Capt Kate would be present. She’s around the ship quite a bit, generally with other officers along with several security personnel nearby.  Saw her in the buffet today (not to eat) at 1ish

edit to add, I missed the 2pm eden event because I didn’t listen to the VM in time, not sure if it was a meet and greet.  She did a meet and greet at the jewelry store, she interacted and posed for photos.  There was only a few dozen people there at least at 815ish (perhaps more people appeared later) 

We were in there. She was incredibly kind, even with the bloggers. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/26/2021 at 4:42 PM, jagoffee said:

The best feature of the wine bar on the Solstice class ships was that hardly anyone was even in it.

I have never experience the Equinox’s version in place of the Wine Cellar.

We loved the Wine Cellar.

Interestingly that has been what I witnessed too, empty venues.

I still wish they had a pub onboard, and not the kind with leather seats as that is not my idea of a pub.  An Irish pub would be my go to place but I guess that wouldn't align with their 'luxury' marketing, though I think they might get a surprise by how many sailing with them might welcome this, but maybe it's all strategic to minimize the rowdy beer drinkers ... hmmm guilty ... LOL.

• Like 1

We ate lunch at Eden. Dan’s sliders & potato salad were very good. My SW steak salad & pea soup were good.

we napped—been doing a good job of that this week! 

Our friends tubed in Cozumel—had great time but it was exhausting & they were BURNT.

Dinner: Cosmopolitan

I find their specialty menu uninspired🤷‍♀️
Our service was slow—hour & a half & hadmt even ordered dessert. Luckily we were full & opted out.

Scallop appetizer—quite good

Beef carpaccio—VERY good

Chicken saltimbocca—good but won’t order again

Dan had the Cajun fried chicken—Cajun is a misrepresentation…

Saw Minute to Win it officers vs passengers—great fun!

And a few rounds of trivia today—Visual Magnified trivia was VERY interesting!

Jason Bishop illusionist/comedian was quite good & entertaining.

We walked up to the Nocturnal party for a few & realized we were DONE. Bound to happen about midweek!

We are doing a Cozumel tour that involves Mayan ruins, Tequila tasting & MX cooking lesson—we cook! 

Sunny & gorgeous here now, hoping the rain stays away!

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, KKB said:

We ate lunch at Eden. Dan’s sliders & potato salad were very good. My SW steak salad & pea soup were good.

Our friends tubed in Cozumel—had great time but it was exhausting & they were BURNT.

Our service was slow—hour & a half & hadmt even ordered dessert. Luckily we were full & opted out.

Beef carpaccio—VERY good

We walked up to the Nocturnal party for a few & realized we were DONE. Bound to happen about midweek!

We are doing a Cozumel tour that involves Mayan ruins, Tequila tasting & MX cooking lesson—we cook! 

I’ve done that Tequila tasting and cooking lesson.  Big fun!  You’ll enjoy it.  Be prepared to take a nap when the excursion is over. 😉

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, poffles said:

Interestingly that has been what I witnessed too, empty venues.

I still wish they had a pub onboard, and not the kind with leather seats as that is not my idea of a pub.  An Irish pub would be my go to place but I guess that wouldn't align with their 'luxury' marketing, though I think they might get a surprise by how many sailing with them might welcome this, but maybe it's all strategic to minimize the rowdy beer drinkers ... hmmm guilty ... LOL.

I believe they are trying to follow the newer trends of having outside bars that people can go to.  I know Royal tries to push people inward (they do have a “pub” in their promenades).  And, NCL tries to push people outside.  

I think the pool bars and the Magic Carpet (my preferred drinking establishment on board) are a nod to having people outside instead of inside to tip a few.  Personally, I like being outside, more.  That’s the entire reason I like to cruise.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, KKB said:

Beef carpaccio—VERY good

You'll love the cooking class! We did it 2 weeks ago. Tell Moses we're still talking about it. Let us know how you enjoyed it. Our guide was great, too! Her name escapes me right now.

Edited by IWillGoAnywhere26
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I believe they are trying to follow the newer trends of having outside bars that people can go to.  I know Royal tries to push people inward (they do have a “pub” in their promenades).  And, NCL tries to push people outside.  

I think the pool bars and the Magic Carpet (my preferred drinking establishment on board) are a nod to having people outside instead of inside to tip a few.  Personally, I like being outside, more.  That’s the entire reason I like to cruise.  

We ❤️❤️❤️Waterfront on NCL & were like why doesn’t EVERY ship have this?

We were out there every night! 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Oh I totally get that, but does it always have to be a fancy martini bar or wine bar?  All good as I can order my beer as I pass by.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, poffles said:

Oh I totally get that, but does it always have to be a fancy martini bar or wine bar?  All good as I can order my beer as I pass by.

Martini Bar has its fans. I like it, too.  I know it's very popular with the Celebrity veterans. 

Me?  I'm like you.  If I stop for a couple of drinks, it's usually a beer or a bourbon.  That's not as fun at the Martini bar as it was for me at the Magic Carpet.  Magic Carpet is outside.  Didn't have an overwhelming crowd, either.  Plus, the bartenders there always had my beer or bourbon of choice (one in each hand) as I walked up, ready for me to choose.  

Martini Bar is more about the "show" (which the bartenders are quite good at).

Dang, I wish I was sitting at the Magic Carpet right now with a Bloody Mary in hand.....LOL!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Martini Bar has its fans. I like it, too.  I know it's very popular with the Celebrity veterans. 

Me?  I'm like you.  If I stop for a couple of drinks, it's usually a beer or a bourbon.  That's not as fun at the Martini bar as it was for me at the Magic Carpet.  Magic Carpet is outside.  Didn't have an overwhelming crowd, either.  Plus, the bartenders there always had my beer or bourbon of choice (one in each hand) as I walked up, ready for me to choose.  

Martini Bar is more about the "show" (which the bartenders are quite good at).

Dang, I wish I was sitting at the Magic Carpet right now with a Bloody Mary in hand.....LOL!

But martini bar had lots of live music which we loved along with live music in Eden. I regret not making it to magic carpet. How would you compare Edge dinning to normal celebrity mdr? We just did specialty and Luminae. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, George C said:

But martini bar had lots of live music which we loved along with live music in Eden. I regret not making it to magic carpet. How would you compare Edge dinning to normal celebrity mdr? We just did specialty and Luminae. 

Overall all 6 of us have been VERY pleased!

We feel like the whole experience is even a bit of a step up from Other Celebrity ships

• Like 3