Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

53 minutes ago, UT-Volsfan said:

We have the drink package included, so we decided to try ordering from our cabin. We both ordered drinks (a margarita and a strawberry daiquiri) and they were delivered to our cabin within 10 minutes.  Order showed no charge for delivery.

As others have mentioned, you have to order drinks on your account.  If you order drinks for you and your spouse from one account, you will be charged for the second one.

They will need to get this fixed. It's an unnecessary and annoying rule.

1 hour ago, farsight said:

Is your friend from Tulsa? 🙂

like always, notin' gets past you. She's a  adoptee from a shelter. Her name is Orca and she is a Seahawks fan.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bflysmile said:

Room is nice but Royal Caribbean balcony cabins have a sitting area which is nice extra space.

If you sail Princess again you might want to consider a Deluxe Balcony cabin with a loveseat sized couch. Since Princess now only has a desk chair in standard balcony cabins that provides more places to sit.

• Like 1

Here are some photos of what I could order from the app and the drinks in the Platinum/elite lounge in the evenings. It’s in the Hollywood Conservatory 

. Pretty cool you can order from crown grill or Sur La Mer too! 

BFFA4904-7F67-4331-84CF-6993102F66FE.png

3A1BF0C9-6221-4D7D-9C5F-FF637BA06E60.png

CAC46093-4A5D-416B-8E0E-034B3A45F75D.png

01D06D90-63FB-42EA-AACB-CF6EB167787D.png

6F04AD3F-1575-4E2D-9350-0AE03530BEFC.png

5F5390B7-A7D7-4D52-8ADF-B28870022115.png

8E0D741F-1046-4FC1-B50B-A7174F2BDFD7.png

25ED4F7D-270C-4557-AC52-BE6F1751296F.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

Here are some photos of what I could order from the app and the drinks in the Platinum/elite lounge in the evenings. It’s in the Hollywood Conservatory 

. Pretty cool you can order from crown grill or Sur La Mer too! 8E0D741F-1046-4FC1-B50B-A7174F2BDFD7.png

The Key lime pie is my favorite. It's a great option whenever you're ordering room service. I recognize the name of the naturalist from one of our previous Alaskan cruises. I think he may have been on the Star Princess or perhaps it was the Sapphire Princess.

Does the Majestic have secret open decks at the front of the ship? 

6 hours ago, UT-Volsfan said:

Some guides on board will tell you it is not open, don't listen to them.  One told us that, with Princess opening the Concerto doors behind her.

LOL - it's comforting to know that some things have not changed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I love reading this post. We are doing a short 3 day to test out the medallion before our 7 day in December. Time for me to lose the weight I will probably gain in October. I love sweets especially chocolate. I enjoy the international cafe way too much. And now that alcohol can be delivered anywhere. I may have my drink delivered to the gym! However I’m sure that’s not allowed. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Just took mine up on the pool deck.

IMG_20210801_152145.jpg

If you are by the Internet Cafe, would be interested to know what their pricing is for on-board.  Are they charging $15/day, or are they doing $10/day (say, due to issues pre-ordering).  Supposedly, they will not be offering package pricing (cruise length price). 

Thanks for the tech report.

Dinner was divine as always in the main dining room. I did not take a picture of the menu unfortunately but I know a lot of you saw it in the last thread. If you love goat cheese that starter was amazing the goat cheese with the grilled vegetables loaded with lots of flavor.

At a lovely conversation with Neville this evening I did ask him about the chef's table, because of it not being the full experience (but it's still sounds like a lovely one beyond words) I asked him if there was a price reduction because cutting the behind the scenes including the galley. He said the price remains the same but he's looking forward to the chef's table and The wine cellar table and some new things that they have in mind.

We did discuss how on princess when traveling to Alaska you were always able to go to the grill where the burgers are to get daily Alaskan specialty such as Tracy's Crab shack for her crab cakes, the reindeer chili, etc. He said all those lovely little things are no longer at the grill but instead they put them in the buffet. He likes to call him hidden surprises. I do miss when they used to write down what the specials were for the day on the patter.

Speaking of the Patter, they really have consumed it down to one piece of paper front and back which is nice to see. If you want a physical copy it's hot or you do need to request up with your cabin steward. Personally I think it's just easier to quickly answer the daily activities are versus The journey view which is just overstimulating in my opinion.

20210801_172042.jpg

20210801_172950.jpg

20210801_175107.jpg

20210801_182054.jpg

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

However they had absolutely nothing set up for that lounge.

Who cares??!!???  (LOL).  We aren't there for long and the most important thing is to have the holding space and allow the priority guests to board first.  They probably didn't want to have guests handling the stuff as would naturally happen and echoes what they are doing in the Lido buffet - staff serving guests. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If you are by the Internet Cafe, would be interested to know what their pricing is for on-board.  Are they charging $15/day, or are they doing $10/day (say, due to issues pre-ordering).  Supposedly, they will not be offering package pricing (cruise length price). 

Thanks for the tech report.

Thank you for reminding me about the internet cafe as I did have to make a stop there because my point order of Internet wasn't working so what they ended up doing for me was charging me which came up with a 50% off and he ended up crediting it back immediately, so this way I didn't have to wait till later in the evening to have an internet connection.

The price that showed up was the $15 a day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Who cares??!!???  (LOL).  We aren't there for long and the most important thing is to have the holding space and allow the priority guests to board first.  They probably didn't want to have guests handling the stuff as would naturally happen and echoes what they are doing in the Lido buffet - staff serving guests. 

Honestly I never really used the lounge usually when they call for the priority boarding then I just like show up in line. But I will say with the embarkation it was more of a free-for-all when they opened up the doors and everyone was racing to it little disorganized. But I didn't mind I'm young I was one of the first ones on board probably like literally the second person to hop on that ship.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shelly97060 said:

Thanks for the Ocean Now photos. Nice to see that you can order some items from specialty restaurants!  

Yes, and no one will have to rely on that dreaded "junk food."🤣

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

We did discuss how on princess when traveling to Alaska you were always able to go to the grill where the burgers are to get daily Alaskan specialty such as Tracy's Crab shack for her crab cakes, the reindeer chili, etc. He said all those lovely little things are no longer at the grill but instead they put them in the buffet. He likes to call him hidden surprises. I do miss when they used to write down what the specials were for the day on the patter.

Thanks for checking on that.  I loved the Tracy's crab cakes from the grill and always paid attention to when they had them there.  I will definitely peruse the buffet each night to check for them.  And I don't recall if anyone mentioned on the last cruise if they still have theme nights in the buffet.  Those mostly but not always were listed in the Patter.  My favorite was always Mongolian BBQ night.

• Like 1

PASSPORTS REQUIRED… A CAUTIONARY TALE. 

I know we all read that passports are required, even if not stopping in Canada.  For those who thought that was “old news” be assured, you do need your passport (or enhanced driver’s license, or driver’s license and birth certificate… basically something that proves your citizenship, I guess)to get on board. 

We had dinner tonight with a newly-solo cruiser whose sister forgot her passport and didn’t have an enhanced drivers license so could not board. They even had a copy made by her family and sent over, but that wasn’t accepted. 

She said there were at least 3 other people in the same position who didn’t board.

As someone who once forgot her passport when driving to Canada, I know a bit of her pain (and embarrassment). Although Canada lets you in with me a DL, US could have denied me entry back to the US.

So if you meet Lynn whose sister didn’t make their vacation, offer her some friendship!  She’s lovely!  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1