The vaccination olympics

20 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

What state does she live in.  Qld Govt will be opening Qld Convention Centre for Pfizer from tomorrow.  We recommended our friends keep trying the Health website and they got earlier appts than originally offered. 

She is in Brisbane. At the moment she had a cold/sinus but should be OK in a week. I will let he know about the Qld Convention Centre option. She wants somewhere she can get an appointment, not line u for hours as she has a just-turned-two year old plus two at school (prep and grade 2). I can babysit if need be.

24 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

She is in Brisbane. At the moment she had a cold/sinus but should be OK in a week. I will let he know about the Qld Convention Centre option. She wants somewhere she can get an appointment, not line u for hours as she has a just-turned-two year old plus two at school (prep and grade 2). I can babysit if need be.

You must have an appt and you get free car parking at Convention Centre.  She should book as soon as possible as I think I heard 50000 had booked already. 

Advisory paper from panel of epidemiologists to govt is out.

"Shorter MIQ stays for Kiwis returning from short overseas trips should be the first phase in reopening the borders next year - but only if they are fully vaccinated and have visited low-risk countries.

And this should only be an option once the vaccination rollout is complete, with an expectation that some outbreaks and localised lockdowns will be part of the new normal."

They also repeat their advice to the govt not to set a specific vaccination target but instead to aim to vaccinate as many as possible.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/covid-19-coronavirus-fully-vaccinated-kiwis-coming-home-first-cab-off-the-rank-for-shorter-miq-stays/CY42NUUVUQQLPD45C3GBRDZOUA/

10 hours ago, frantic36 said:

This is why I find it confusing with the various advice and I used to work in the medical field with my last job doing immunisations in a large clinic.

Exactly - this area of all the Covid vaccines has caused a lot of bad information to be thrown around. 🤔

3 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Maybe something like France's green pass?

France Requires Tourists to Hold Vaccination Passport to Access Certain  Activities & Services - SchengenVisaInfo.com

Only problem I see with that one - is this is a National passport, and my records are National but …………… States have been managing QR Codes …… I see drama ahead 🙄

Could we end up with nine Passports - all States and then a National one? I truly hope not!!

Edited by Porky55

51 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Where do you obtain these LGA percentages from, Julie? 

https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/covid-19-vaccination-geographic-vaccination-rates-9-august-2021

You have to download the PDF to see the individual stats. They aren't by LGA though. I think they are by health region. Our shows as North Sydney to Hornsby.

51 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Only problem I see with that one - is this is a National passport, and my records are National but …………… States have been managing QR Codes …… I see drama ahead 🙄

Could we end up with nine Passports - all States and then a National one? I truly hope not!!

Wonder if one will need a Visa  to go interstate......lol

Ohhh   border check points.... fences, arm guards... Qld could use some of new Boxer armoured vehicles...

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

You must have an appt and you get free car parking at Convention Centre.  She should book as soon as possible as I think I heard 50000 had booked already. 

Oops 1500 appts for today. Qld Premier held her press briefing at Convention Centre today. 
Nice to hear all good news today. 

14 hours ago, frantic36 said:

I find that interesting. My husband has had a stent last year and he is early 60s and his cardiologist and GP both told him to have AZ. Which he has had with only slight tiredness from the first dose and nothing from the second. My eldest sister also is under a cardiologist and after an initial hesitation he said AZ for her as well she had her first dose 6 weeks ago. My youngest at 60 with minor heart problems, not under a cardiologist, said her GP told her to wait for Pfizer.

This is why I find it confusing with the various advice and I used to work in the medical field with my last job doing immunisations in a large clinic.🤔

Yeah she has more going on than just the stent, I also guess different dr’s may gave different views, the simple fact though was that she was told to have Pfizer for her second dose and did so. My wife was also given the same advice because she had clots some time ago.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/covid-19-vaccination-geographic-vaccination-rates-9-august-2021

You have to download the PDF to see the individual stats. They aren't by LGA though. I think they are by health region. Our shows as North Sydney to Hornsby.

Thanks, got that. Eurobodalla and Bega Valley Shires are not shown, hope they don't include us with Shoalhaven, lol.   Crikey, south western Sydney does not show up too good, therein lies the problem.

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Thanks, got that. Eurobodalla and Bega Valley Shires are not shown, hope they don't include us with Shoalhaven, lol.   Crikey, south western Sydney does not show up too good, therein lies the problem.

Some of the statistical regions are quite large. Other than Shoalhaven the South Coast doesn't get a mention so I guess you must be lumped in with Shoalhaven.

22 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Some of the statistical regions are quite large. Other than Shoalhaven the South Coast doesn't get a mention so I guess you must be lumped in with Shoalhaven.

Or possibly the SA4 area named Capital region, 

41 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Crikey, south western Sydney does not show up too good, therein lies the problem.

There is a very large population to vaccinate😂, probably doesn't help it is a relatively young population so there would be a section holding out for Pfizer or Moderna. On the other hand doesn't help vaccines altogether are running out. I was at a GP yesterday and the phone was constantly ringing I could hear the receptionist tell them "sorry we have run out of vaccines, don't know when the next shipment will. No we don't even have AstraZeneca" 🙄. I saw a GP on TV who said they can't give the AZ away, here is a GP where people are asking for it but no stock. Is it possible for GPs to do swaps? Places where there is no demand take the vaccines from them to where people want it🤔

Edited by ilikeanswers

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Or possibly the SA4 area named Capital region, 

I wondered where that was. It's a rather confusing name. It makes more sense when I look at the map though.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ