Double points does that means times 4 for suites?

7 minutes ago, mommyof2monkeys+princess said:

I am looking between a RCI cruise and a Carnival one (never sailed Carnival).  Royal's site says double points through 2022.  I know booking a suite gets you double points so does that equal times 4 for booking a suite through 2022?

Not really 'times 4'.  You get double what you would have normally received for a suite--so if you were getting 2 points per night for a suite, now you'd get 4 points per night for a suite.  Or I guess it's times four if you mean 1 point times 4. 

Edited by rockmom

1 hour ago, mommyof2monkeys+princess said:

Thank you yes I was meaning 1 point times 4 🙂  

Trying to decide between two cruises and the points could help decide LOL

Cruise by  yourself in that suite and get 6 points per night!  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

This made me laugh!  When hubby and I were going through our pre-martial counseling I thought traveling by yourself was the craziest thing in the world!!  Now 3 kids later who are young adults and teens and been married a while and we were all stuck in the house while said house was being remodeled during covid I can totally get behind being alone at times HAHAHAHAHA.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

While it is equal to 4 x 1, that is not how it is actually calculated.

1 point per night to cruise.

+1 point per night for suite.

+1 point per night for solo.

x2 for the double points promotion.

So suite with promotion is 1 + 1 = 2.  2 x 2 = 4 points per night.

Solo in a suite is 1 + 1 + 1 = 3.  3 x 2 = 6 points per night.   

If suite and solo doubled, it would be 1 x 2 = 2,  2 x 2 = 4.  4 x 2 - 8.  

“So you’re saying there’s a chance!l   If I stay in a suite by myself for a little more than 2 months  before 2023 I can be pinnacle. 😂😂. Such a big number from d+ to p.  Happy we get 4 points per night but honestly not sure I will live to be pinnacle so just a mind game at this point. 

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I just did this a month ago on Adventure of the Seas.  My second cruise with Royal Caribbean, got 42 points for a 7-night cruise in a Junior Suite.  I'm Emerald, and my next cruise will push me well into Diamond!  😄

Not long ago, people used to complain that the loyalty program was so 'top heavy' and the lounges are 'too crowded' and others suggested it was too easy to reach the dizzy heights of D+ and others would the argue how they 'earned it with every cruise night'. 

I guess the whole argument is academic now seeing as the loyalty rewards have been somewhat  diluted. 

2 hours ago, icsys said:

Not long ago, people used to complain that the loyalty program was so 'top heavy' and the lounges are 'too crowded' and others suggested it was too easy to reach the dizzy heights of D+ and others would the argue how they 'earned it with every cruise night'. 

I guess the whole argument is academic now seeing as the loyalty rewards have been somewhat  diluted. 

I have no doubt that, much like cruise prices (much higher) vs. the FCCs they're handing out (only +25% bonus credit), they'll come up with some method of expanding/extending the system to make it more difficult as a result of the double points promotion.  🙂  Heck, if they made a "Pinnacle+" and handed out free Surf & Stream at that tier you know damn well people would be fighting hand over fist to earn the points just to have that benefit!  🙂 

I think there are plenty of us who don't care about the internet access.  I'm on vacation, and I really don't want to check on things that often.  Besides, internet access as a Pinnacle is not useful if you also get internet access as a perk for your room category.  Just sayin.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I think there are plenty of us who don't care about the internet access.  I'm on vacation, and I really don't want to check on things that often.  Besides, internet access as a Pinnacle is not useful if you also get internet access as a perk for your room category.  Just sayin.

Bah, I forgot that it isn't just a Star Class exclusive, Sky class also gets free internet access.  Well I'm sure they can come up with some other inane detail (free soda drink package, Captain actually cooks your steak for your dinner w/ the Captain, maybe a complimentary super soaker filled with sea water to shoot at other passengers) that'll make it feel justified for some Pinnacles to go above-and-beyond to get Pinnacle+.  Heck, give me the option to choose my Blackjack dealer at Pinnacle+ and I might just start booking suites to get those points faster.  😄

Or they could do like they did with Emerald and add another tier somewhere, like between Diamond and Diamond+.  Diamond+ is sorta' like 3 tiers already, they could solidify that with Double Diamond and Triple Diamond and flesh out the tiers a bit more within those (add more discount offers to your SeaPass card, save 5% on perfume on sea days, really anything at this point to justify it.)

• Haha 2

Does anyone know the official end date for elligable cruises? On the UK site the banner for the promotion reads "through September 2022" yet in the T&Cs it states

"Loyalty Double Points applies to new, individual, and named existing bookings on all Eligible Sailings made before 30 September 2021. Loyalty Double Points is available to existing Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members.  Loyalty Double Points provides Crown & Anchor Society members double Cruise Points on sailings departing  between 12 June 2021 – 31 December 2022 (“Eligible Sailings”). Cruise Points will be applied once the guest has paid their booking in full and completed their sailing. When reserving, a valid Crown & Anchor Society member number must be included in the reservation. "

So would an October 2022 cruise booked now qualify?

1 minute ago, TytalusWarden said:

Captain actually cooks your steak for your dinner w/ the Captain

Listen pal.  This is one of the best perks I get.  I love a nice steak cooked by the captain.  In fact I love it so much that I often send it back, just so he can cook me another one.  That being said, you have it all wrong.  He just cooks the steak.  He's not allowed to eat it.  I mean, please, the staff eating with us?  What would they say back at the club?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, beardedladies said:

Does anyone know the official end date for elligable cruises? On the UK site the banner for the promotion reads "through September 2022" yet in the T&Cs it states

"Loyalty Double Points applies to new, individual, and named existing bookings on all Eligible Sailings made before 30 September 2021. Loyalty Double Points is available to existing Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members.  Loyalty Double Points provides Crown & Anchor Society members double Cruise Points on sailings departing  between 12 June 2021 – 31 December 2022 (“Eligible Sailings”). Cruise Points will be applied once the guest has paid their booking in full and completed their sailing. When reserving, a valid Crown & Anchor Society member number must be included in the reservation. "

So would an October 2022 cruise booked now qualify?

Dec 31, 2022

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Listen pal.  This is one of the best perks I get.  I love a nice steak cooked by the captain.  In fact I love it so much that I often send it back, just so he can cook me another one.  That being said, you have it all wrong.  He just cooks the steak.  He's not allowed to eat it.  I mean, please, the staff eating with us?  What would they say back at the club?

Well if you manage to get Double Pinnacle+ Ultra status then the Captain catches your dinner with a hand-thrown harpoon, then cooks it for you at the Teppanyaki restaurant.  😄 Only 6000 points!

21 hours ago, mommyof2monkeys+princess said:

Thank you yes I was meaning 1 point times 4 🙂  

Trying to decide between two cruises and the points could help decide LOL

Did two Carnival cruises in suites, and will never sail on them again. Their suites are a joke compared to RCL. All you get is a larger cabin, but literally nothing that one would expect in a suite. Certainly nowhere near the amenities and perks that we get in suites on RCL.

Also, their loyalty program is the worst in the industry.

Edited by orville99

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

So that applies to our Odyssey we booked 2 weeks ago?  I ha, didn't realize that.

Yep, and when they extended the date we will pick up double points for cruises that we had booked for October and December 2022.

Edited by orville99