LIVE - Equinox 8/15/21 - Ultimate Caribbean - It’s finally here!

aring75

We just disembarked the Equinox. We really enjoyed the cruise. It was so great to sail again. This thread has covered just about everything, so I thought I would just add a few tidbits:

1. The Concierge, Fabio, told us that he had checked the Manifest the Sunday we departed. He said there were 1380 booked for the cruise. Approximately 10-15 did not make the cruise. Thus, the capacity was a bit under 50%. 
2. The service rivaled a luxury ship. With so few passengers aboard, there were no waits for anything. It was wonderful.

3. This is my first cruise since being diagnosed with a gluten allergy. For those with the same issue, you can rest easy. We went to the same waiter every evening. Dishes, such as herb crusted rack of lamb, which was not gluten free,  were prepared without the crust. It was great. At the end of every meal, he provided the next day’s menu. Most of the items can be prepared without worrying about gluten. Just ask and they are very accommodating.

In the Oceanview cafe, they have gluten free pizza. You just need to ask. It takes 5-10 minutes and is pretty good.

Cafe En Bacio has a different gluten free cake every day. They were very good.

4. There was no TV reception at any of the machines in the gym for the entire cruise. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Yes, but we’re scheduled to move again.  We came in early due to a medical emergency.  We are scheduled to move to terminal 25 at 6:00.  Not sure why we didn’t go directly to terminal 25.

I hope it wasn't Covid related. You all have a safe trip home. We board at 11:30.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Remember from grade school: i before e except after c, and a whole bunch of other exceptions that have no rhyme or reason except to give teachers some chuckles on spelling tests.

LOL --- I was thinking the same.    That little tune still resonates in my mind from my gammar teacher

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I hope it wasn't Covid related. You all have a safe trip home. We board at 11:30.

Terry -   Have a great cruise.   I hope you check in often tell us how the cruise is going. 

Happy Sailing.

Aring75,

Thank you so very much for taking the time during your vacation to write, send pics and inform us all about your cruise. I truly appreciate all that you did and look forward to our November cruise with a better understanding of what to expect and peace of mind.

Judy

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, blueboro said:

I also wanted to thank you for all of your posts.  We are onboard 9/17 and it was great to see and be reminded of all of the great drinks and menu items.  The time you spent is greatly appreciated.

We are on 9/17 as well😃

Thanks everyone!!

Sorry it took a little while to get back, but we made it home safe and sound and we are already missing the Equinox!

I wanted to add the disembarkation information for anyone who is curious. Our number was 33 and we were called almost an hour early. Very organized this morning. 

64A11017-B26B-41DD-B021-5EEFFC0A1F38.thumb.jpeg.3f845c1a5418809cf076a2f5dd2e1c9f.jpeg

CEE903F5-452C-48B0-9BA0-B4B0498E879A.thumb.jpeg.165efbc882ddccb159c2c9eb5344ebeb.jpeg

• Thanks 3

Glad you had smooth travels home. Thank you for sharing your cruise experiences with us. Thanks to your interesting posts and your beautiful photos, I can't wait to board Equinox for the first time😊 I definitely see a Spicy Mango Tini, sushi, and gyoza in my future😋

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 2

aring75 wanted to say thank you for sharing your cruise.  Very informative and makes me want November to get here and soon!  May I ask if they offered any type of laundry special during the cruise?

Edited by durangokid
typo

5 hours ago, aring75 said:

Thanks everyone!!

Sorry it took a little while to get back, but we made it home safe and sound and we are already missing the Equinox!

I wanted to add the disembarkation information for anyone who is curious. Our number was 33 and we were called almost an hour early. Very organized this morning. 

Thanks for taking us along on your cruise. Excellent day by day live review. 🍷👍👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, durangokid said:

aring75 wanted to say thank you for sharing your cruise.  Very informative and makes me want November to get here and soon!  May I ask if they offered any type of laundry special during the cruise?

They had a free (fill a) bag each if you are elite and then a discount if you got a second bag.

I didn’t see a special discount ship wide, but I wasn’t really looking. I’m sorry!

• Like 1

YOU"RE DONE? YOU"RE HOME! Well that's just GREAT!  Now what am i supposed to read every day?🙂 I'm kidding of course. I enjoyed every bit of your review. We ( I hope) will be on the Equinox again for the 9/17/2021 sailing, and your review has made us really anxious to go!!! Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this lengthy, photo-filled, information crammed daily review!

Jim and Toni

• Like 1

Another huge THANK YOU for taking us all along!  All the photos and descriptions were much appreciated.  Even though we’ll have different restaurants, ports and entertainment on our upcoming cruise on Apex in October, I enjoyed all the cruise related vibes.

• Like 1