EZair questions

cruising deacon

I am thinking about using EZair now on my May 22 cruise, since I think the cruise is still iffy and don't want to really buy the tickets through the airline this far out.  The price on EZair is close to the price by the airline, but this way I don't have to pay for them until February.

My questions :  do you know if I do it now are my flights really booked , or does Princess not really book them until some time later, like 90 or 45 days before the flight?             And when in the timeline between now and May do I really know that I have the flights with a confirmation etc?

3 minutes ago, cruising deacon said:

I am thinking about using EZair now on my May 22 cruise, since I think the cruise is still iffy and don't want to really buy the tickets through the airline this far out.  The price on EZair is close to the price by the airline, but this way I don't have to pay for them until February.

My questions :  do you know if I do it now are my flights really booked , or does Princess not really book them until some time later, like 90 or 45 days before the flight?             And when in the timeline between now and May do I really know that I have the flights with a confirmation etc?

do you know if I do it now are my flights really booked YES , or does Princess not really book them until some time later, like 90 or 45 days before the flight?             And when in the timeline between now and May do I really know that I have the flights with a confirmation etc? Pretty much immediately.  Locate your airline's (not same as Princess' ) booking confirmation code and visit your airline website to view record. It will likely say something like "Ticket Pending"  You may be able to select seats there if Princess did not already allow you to.   Watch for fare reductions as you can re-book any time up to ticketing deadline.

• Like 1

They are booked right away;  they are paid for later when your final pmt to Princess is due. You can log into your airlines website and change seats if your wish. Like hpeabody mentioned; your Princess confirmation code will be different from the airlines confirmation code.

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

They are booked right away;  they are paid for later when your final pmt to Princess is due. You can log into your airlines website and change seats if your wish. Like hpeabody mentioned; your Princess confirmation code will be different from the airlines confirmation code.

You pay for your tickets when final payment is due but Princess doesn't pay the airline (i.e. formally ticket) until you are within the 45-day no refund window. Note that some airlines go ahead and ticket right away, outside of the 45-day window. Even after you've paid and are outside the 45-day window, you can still see if you can get better flights and/or fares. You have the option of asking Princess to ticket early which eliminates your 45-day refund option. Some people do this when the airline won't let you get your seats assigned until you are ticketed. Not all airline do this but some do.

• Like 1

On the topic of fare reduction:  has anyone been successful in rebooking only one direction? I would like to change the outbound flight to FLL, but if I do, the price for the return flight,  which I want to keep, goes up hundreds. My PVP said she didn't think it could be done. This makes no sense to me.

2 hours ago, donswife said:

rebooking only one direction? I would like to change the outbound flight to FLL, but if I do, the price for the return flight,  which I want to keep, goes up hundreds. My PVP said she didn't think it could be done. This makes no sense to me.

You have to talk to the air department at Princess. It is not easy to do, but they will sometimes let you. 

3 hours ago, donswife said:

On the topic of fare reduction:  has anyone been successful in rebooking only one direction? I would like to change the outbound flight to FLL, but if I do, the price for the return flight,  which I want to keep, goes up hundreds. My PVP said she didn't think it could be done. This makes no sense to me.

Airline fares are complicated. When you book a roundtrip ticket, it has certain rules and restrictions, else everyone would book 2 separate one way fares. Many airlines fare structures are one ways are priced higher than just half of the roundtrip fare. This fare difference is quite noticeable for international routes.

Have you read about some passengers would book a roundtrip ticket because it was less then booking the one way fare and ‘throwaway’ the return ticket. You can not use this strategy if you only want the return segment, as not taking the outbound segment would cancel your entire ticket.

Check the airlines website and compare what fare they show as your ‘updated’ itinerary and I would bet the total is in line what EzAir has changed to if you wanted that different outbound segment.

There a only a few airlines that the one way is close to half of the roundtrip fare.

Welcome to the world of Airline pricing.

• 3 weeks later...

Booked my EZ Air almost as immediately as I could.  Flying Business, booked, selected seats,  received  my Princess confirmation, record locator (airline confirmation),  Done.

Checked our flight prices with airline before I booked thru Princess.  Princess was better deal and includes transfers.  Have returned to check prices occasionally with airline and Princess and from time of booking, the air has gone up an additional staggering $1348.40!!!!!!!!!

Booking thru Princess means you also do not  pay for air until final payment of entire trip.  If you book your air independently, then you have to pay the airline then and there!

Have used Cruise lines air reservation system 6 times and love it.

Renee

2 hours ago, ram290 said:

Checked our flight prices with airline before I booked thru Princess.  Princess was better deal and includes transfers.  Have returned to check prices occasionally with airline and Princess and from time of booking, the air has gone up an additional staggering $1348.40!!!!!!!!!

Princess EZAir does not include transfers. You can book the transfers with Princess separately if you want them.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 2:45 PM, donswife said:

We have rebooked and refared going one way. If I have issues my PVP calls they air department they do it for you.

On 9/1/2021 at 2:54 PM, ram290 said:

Booked my EZ Air almost as immediately as I could.  Flying Business, booked, selected seats,  received  my Princess confirmation, record locator (airline confirmation),  Done.

Booking thru Princess means you also do not  pay for air until final payment of entire trip.  If you book your air independently, then you have to pay the airline then and there!

Have used Cruise lines air reservation system 6 times and love it.

Renee

I don't believe transfers are included. I had to pay for transfers

in Athens flying in to board the Majestic.

On 8/15/2021 at 2:45 PM, donswife said:

I didn't rebook only 1 direction but discovered if I log out then back in both halves (out & return) would drop. Especially on Wednesdays. Dropped $60 first time & $22 now. Granted it's just $82 but ~~~

27 minutes ago, nini said:

True, transfers are not included. However, our experience shows that they are quite reasonable through Princess and has worked well for us.

Especially for solo travelers