The Daily for Saturday August 28, 2021

richwmn

Today is National Bow Tie Day, Pony Express Day, and Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day.
Not that this group needs an excuse, but today is also Red Wine Day!

Life imitates art far more than art imitates Life. - Oscar Wilde

Meal suggestion for today - Bourbon Chicken

Drink of the Day - Tequila Sunrise

Wine of the day - Greystone Sauvignon Blanc - California - White

Destination of the Day - Exit Suez Canal at Suez

Ships with Passengers

Nafplio, Mycenae, Greece
Eurodam 07:00 - 17:00

Seattle, WA
Nieuw Amsterdam 07:00 - 16:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Pacific
Zuiderdam Drifting

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Ensenada MX
Koningsdam
Noordam Anchorage

Puerto Vallarta MX
Westerdam

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

Trieste IT
Rotterdam

0828NAmerica.thumb.png.458e7c2e560a6d5d504d4f73d8b028fd.png

0828Europe.thumb.png.0f2d1eafcabc3c2f2324acf6b54ddf96.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 8

Good morning.  Thank you for the Daily Report.

Red wine day!  Wonderful. 

A man in a bow tie can look quite dapper.

I have fond memories of all our little friends that passed over the Rainbow Bridge, they are always in my heart.

Love the quote by Wilde.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.  The drink of the day and wine are good too, but shouldn't the wine be red?  No complaints, just an observation.

I've never been to the Suez Canal, hope there are lots of wonderful pictures.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 24

Thank you for the Saturday Daily, Rich.  Pony Express was a great idea in it's time.  To many Dailyite Furbabies have had to cross the Rainbow Bridge but sometimes it for the best.  I like bow ties but can only deal with the clip-on type.  Red Wine definitely has it's supporters here.  Great quote by Wilde.  I've sailed the Suez once but no pictures.  The meal sounds nice.  I have a very hectic day and will be late with the sunrise and alternate meal.

Today’s care list:

Those affected by the Kabul bombing, heroes, victims, those still doing their jobs, and those awaiting evacuation
Welfare of furloughed crews
Western (Especially BC) wildfires
cat shepard’s friend undergoing chemo for stage four cancer
Afghanistan and Norseh2o’s nephew assisting the evacuation
New Zealand continuing outbreak
JAM37 DH fighting Covid
Those in the path of Ida
2 of my county’s career firefighters deployed to Louisiana for Ida
From the rotation:
NextOne DDIL with long haul Covid
Tana continuing to deal with long haul covid

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Bon Voyage SharoninAz
2 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Nieuw Statendam in Everglades Monday
Welcome home CruiseMGM and Cruisin Single
Tioga Cruiser on a road trip
Booster for JazzyV
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 7

Good morning.  Love Bow Tie day, getting DH one for our next cruise.  Several of our furbabies have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  Yea for Red wine day for our thread, I'm a white drinker.  The Wilde quote is interesting.

Love the meal suggestion, have had it several times.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Tequila Sunrise:

The tequila sunrise is a cocktail made of tequila, orange juice, and grenadine syrup. It's served unmixed in a tall glass. The modern drink originates from Sausalito, California, in the early 1970s after an earlier one created in the 1930s in Phoenix, Arizona. Wikipedia
Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz (3 parts) Tequila, 1/2 oz (1 part) Grenadine syrup, 3 oz (6 parts) Orange juice
Preparation: Pour the tequila and orange juice into glass over ice. Add the grenadine, which will sink to the bottom. Do not stir. Garnish and serve.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Cherry, Orange slice
Drinkware: Collins glass

Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 7.23.06 AM.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, everyone.

It continues to be hot and sticky here in northeast Ohio.   We may see the effects of Ida later this week, but we are assured that it will cool down and be comfortable by next weekend.  I hope so.  I have one more closet door to paint.  

14 days on our countdown.   I remember being excited at 60 because it was the closest we had gotten since 2018 when we did a b2b Canada/New England with @Crazy For Cats.   

Today's meal has a pretty high sugar content.  I like the following recipe the best, but It has the highest sugar content.   Other recipes call for much less sugar, some as little as 1/4 cup.  I would try that and see what it does.  You can always add more, but you can't take out.

https://dinnerthendessert.com/easy-bourbon-chicken/Easy-Bourbon-Chicken-3-688x1032.thumb.jpg.ab883d4cd778407d2f923480e64581f5.jpg

Here is a lower sugar recipe:   https://therecipecritic.com/bourbon-chicken/

bourbon_chicken5-1.thumb.jpg.1d46796173182219b1bfd30873989ace.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 7

Thank you Rich for today's daily and Roy for the care reports and celebrations.

I have worn a suit and tie most of my working life but never wore a bow tie.

Great wine selection.

We never drink red wine and prefer a Sauvignon Blanc or Prosecco.

Good quote and Neal selection.

We have sailed many times in the Mediterranean sea but never down the Suez canal.

Take care and stay safe everyone.IMG_20210824_182412.thumb.jpg.c22dff57d056cec7a2eb91f052983963.jpg

IMG_20210824_185557.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Saturday smile 🙂 

Great collection of days.  I’ll definitely be remembering my loved fur babies who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge ❤️ 

2FF7A892-C28D-41ED-9E6E-AF86D463C7C1.thumb.jpeg.d6bc2db2cc15fc5702c3747b908fc426.jpeg

LOL on your Red Wine Day reminder 😆 I’ll happily celebrate for the red wine lovers by drinking white wine 😉 

0D23F1EE-3297-46C6-AC55-A4B171C5E599.jpeg.addee6e7e6b59f684c7c834b689a827a.jpeg

Love the quote by Oscar Wilde.  Meal suggestion sounds good & I believe I’ve had that white wine.  Chuckling at the white wine being recommended on red wine day 😉 

Bon Voyage @Sharon in AZ .  It would be so nice to be boarding a BHB today.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a good Saturday everyone!!!!!

D8CFD9BA-905B-4732-8294-204A6461FB96.jpeg.82263bd3a7afdecf6cdd2f8a0288bbea.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  The weather cooled down overnight. It’s really comfortable outside so the windows are open.  That will help with the paint fumes as I cross one item off the honey do list.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good and @dfishrecipe confirms my first thought.  I do enjoy red wine but tend to drink more white.

Like many on this board I have several fur babies that have crossed the rainbow bridge.

image.thumb.png.a81aa02e8f0e58c4e2a6ed5bfcbb8be0.png

• Like 32

National Red Wine Day and the wine of the day is a Sauvignon Blanc? Rained all night here and I guess we were fortunate as other areas of Michigan have no power from last night’s storms.

We are starting to sense a trend that every time we leave home a hurricane is in our vicinity. Those poor folks in Louisiana are still struggling from last year’s Hurricane Laura.

Thanks for the Daily and have a safe and enjoyable weekend.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone!  Today I won't say it's hazy, it's downright foggy out there!  I expect some rain here and there over the coming days as Ida comes ashore and makes her way across the country.  They say the rain bands will stretch pretty far from the center.  Prayers for all those in the path especially as she comes ashore in Louisiana.  🙏

A great group of days today what with the bow ties, the Pony Express, and the Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Days.  Cheers for all of them, especially for our Daily family's pets who have passed.  I think the menu suggestion today sounds and looks very good so I wouldn't mind trying it.  I'm not a red wine drinker but would love to try today's white wine selection.  

I think we will head out for some groceries today and then stay in the rest of the weekend.  No need to be out there exposing ourselves to any nasty viruses, is there?  DH has his physical exam coming up on Thursday so he wants to remain healthy if at all possible.

Today's port/destination of exiting the Suez Canal at Suez is similar to past Suez Canal days so I won't be posting any photos.  Someone will surely have some to share.  Meanwhile, have a great day everyone and especially Sharon and Craig as they depart Seattle on a BHB!🚢

• Like 31

Good Morning from an overcast but warm day at the beach

We will always remember our fur babies. The last one we had was a golden retriever and although he was not trained, he watched over DD ( who is disabled) like a hawk. It was amazing their relationship. He was totally different with DS.  She misses him and still talks about him all the time. But we made the decision that at this point in our lives, no more pets as we want to travel. That however has not worked out too well!! Hopefully.......

Have not been to the Suez Canal. That is on the list for DH.  Looking forward to pictures.

Scheduled to play golf with DS this AM but not sure the rain will hold off. We will try.

Stay safe and enjoy today. 

• Like 27

Good Morning, and thank you for the Daily Report and Cares Report. Two photos of my previous Alaskan Malamutes on Rainbow Bridge Day. The first is Oke' (Coptic for sesame) who I rescued at nine years old. He was actually my second Mal as I had Sacha back in the '80s. Blind in one eye and physically abused, I tried to make his remaining three years pleasant. "My Good Buddy."

Second is Juno who was adopted at seven years old and was a tribute to Oke'. She was "My Sweetie Girl" who left us in June at 13 years. My new Mal, Sam, is her tribute.

Oke'

WP_20141209_009.thumb.jpg.51f58586c66e918854cd28f0b5412796.jpg

Juno doing what Mals love to do!

DSC07153.thumb.JPG.4efbbbfcdf1fafed172d96b797105609.JPG

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Dailyites, thank you for the daily report Rich.  Not a fan of bow ties with the exception of with a tuxedo.  What a lasting idea the Pony Express was.  Warm thoughts for all of our friends that have crossed over rainbow bridge.  For some reason the meal suggestion sounds great right now!  Great quote by Wilde and so true.  I haven’t been to today’s port, someday hopefully.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today.  Looking quite dapper @grapau27, always raising the bar for us!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from north Georgia where it is cool and overcast.. Thank you for the Daily, lists and recipes.

I think a bowtie adds something unique.

I have several furbabies who have passed over the bridge.

I very rarely drink alcohol, but do like some red wines. (I really only drink coffee and water.)

I do enjoy bourbon chicken.

Never been to Suez, looking forward to pictures.

DH had a rough night of coughing. Hoping that subsides soon so he can get more rest.

I haven't left the house in 17 days so I am off to the Farmer's Market and grocery shopping.

Prayers for all and cheers for the celebrations.

Blessings

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Everyone.   I've never really known anyone who wears a bow tie.  Googling Pony Express, surprising it's so famous as it was only active for a year or so.  That was news to me.  Love red wine, but sadly cannot drink it.  The Rainbow Bridge brings some special friends to mind. Tequila Sunrises were popular when I was in college, but for me tequila only in the occasional margarita.  I'll take some of that yummy bourbon chicken and count it as my meal and cocktail all in one.

Happy to see that @lindalerwill be sailing in October.  That looks to be a very pleasant cruise.

This minute, I'm nervous.  We did some visiting last night, and DSIL returned from Philadelphia late Sunday night and now has a very persistent dry cough.  He did a rapid test on Wednesday morning that was negative, but I wonder if he waited long enough.

We're all vaccinated, so I'm not afraid of serious illness, but I am definitely fearful of a positive test before embarking for Alaska.  Fingers crossed.

Stay safe everyone.  Wishing all a peaceful day.

Edited by AncientWanderer
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 4

The first picture was Domino our Sarah's Dalmatian who passed several years ago.

The second is Monty our cat my older brother( holding the cat) with me standing next to him.

This was 47 years ago at my late mam and dad's house.

Graham.

IMG_20210810_140134.jpg

IMG_20210828_134153.jpg

• Like 32

Good  morning  and  thanks to  Rich  for  the  Daily. A  big  thanks  to  Roy  for  the  lists and to  the  great  Food  and  Beverage  Departments  for  their  offerings. The  recipe looks  like  a  good  one and  may  be  tried  in  the  future. Vegetarian/Bean  enchiladas  are  on  tonight's  menu and  the  enchilada  sauce  is  simmering on  the  stove.

Cheers   for  the  excellent  days,especially  to  celebrate  those  four  footed  friends  who  left us to  go  over  the  Rainbow  Bridge. I   also  like  the  Oscar  Wilde quote

Yesterday I  found  out  that  the  folks  protesting in  front  of  the  hospital where  Tana's  Doc  has his  office were  hospital  workers who  do  not  want  to  get  vaccinated. Yikes. No  wonder  the  Bronx  and  our side  of  Yonkers have  such  high  transmission  rates.

The  report  on  Tana was  that  she  is  doing  a  bit  better  than  when  she  was  discharged  from  the  hospital but  has  a  long  way  to  go  to restore  some  functional  levels. She  has  agreed  to  go  for  Pulmonary  Rehab 3  times  a  week  and  I  will drive  her. It  is  ironic  that  she  will  be  receiving treatment  at  the  Rehab  Hospital  where  DH  and  I  met almost  40  years  ago! Life  does  go  in  circles  at  times....

@grapau27, I  very  much  enjoy  seeing  the  pictures  of  you  and  Pauline  in  your  nice  clothes and  on  the  ship. I  decided  I  should  at  least  put  on  some  makeup prior  to going  out as  I  have  been  decidedly  casual  for  too  long.

Wishing  for  the  Sea!

IMG_0865.JPG

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning Dailyites, thank you for the daily report Rich.  Not a fan of bow ties with the exception of with a tuxedo.  What a lasting idea the Pony Express was.  Warm thoughts for all of our friends that have crossed over rainbow bridge.  For some reason the meal suggestion sounds great right now!  Great quote by Wilde and so true.  I haven’t been to today’s port, someday hopefully.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today.  Looking quite dapper @grapau27, always raising the bar for us!

Thank you Mr Boston.

Graham.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good  morning  and  thanks to  Rich  for  the  Daily. A  big  thanks  to  Roy  for  the  lists and to  the  great  Food  and  Beverage  Departments  for  their  offerings. The  recipe looks  like  a  good  one and  may  be  tried  in  the  future. Vegetarian/Bean  enchiladas  are  on  tonight's  menu and  the  enchilada  sauce  is  simmering on  the  stove.

Cheers   for  the  excellent  days,especially  to  celebrate  those  four  footed  friends  who  left us to  go  over  the  Rainbow  Bridge. I   also  like  the  Oscar  Wilde quote

Yesterday I  found  out  that  the  folks  protesting in  front  of  the  hospital where  Tana's  Doc  has his  office were  hospital  workers who  do  not  want  to  get  vaccinated. Yikes. No  wonder  the  Bronx  and  our side  of  Yonkers have  such  high  transmission  rates.

The  report  on  Tana was  that  she  is  doing  a  bit  better  than  when  she  was  discharged  from  the  hospital but  has  a  long  way  to  go  to restore  some  functional  levels. She  has  agreed  to  go  for  Pulmonary  Rehab 3  times  a  week  and  I  will drive  her. It  is  ironic  that  she  will  be  receiving treatment  at  the  Rehab  Hospital  where  DH  and  I  met almost  40  years  ago! Life  does  go  in  circles  at  times....

@grapau27, I  very  much  enjoy  seeing  the  pictures  of  you  and  Pauline  in  your  nice  clothes and  on  the  ship. I  decided  I  should  at  least  put  on  some  makeup prior  to going  out as  I  have  been  decidedly  casual  for  too  long.

Wishing  for  the  Sea!

IMG_0865.JPG

Thank you for your nice compliments.

I hope Tana continues to improve.

Please stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1