The Daily for Saturday August 28, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I am happy to share some good news on my BFF’s husband.  After 5 long weeks,  he is coming home from the hospital.  His head injury is still needing care and ExtraMural will be coming in daily to do the treatment.  He is getting some special machine.  They will also be taking his blood but somehow my BFF has to get it the lab 😔 

My friend will have her hands full caring for him but thankfully her family is close and she has 2 wonderful grandchildren that have also offered to assist.  She knows I’m available if she needs me.

He does not have much strength from being in bed with the broken ribs although they did start having him walk.  Hopefully he is much improved in a few more weeks.

Thank you all for your prayers for him ❤️ 

That is excellent news Jacqui that your BFF husband is out of hospital and hopefully he will recover completely in time.

Graham

• Like 11

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days. I have one 95 year old friend that always wears bow ties. The Pony Express was important in its day. Hugs to all those who have had pets cross the rainbow bridge. Red Wine Day! That's for me!

Interesting quote.

I like the lower sugar meal and drink. I'd prefer red wine over white, but wouldn't turn this down.

I haven't been through the Suez canal. Anticipating pictures.

I'm feeling a bit under the weather from my vaccine. Sore arm but just tired, a bit of a headache, achy and cold. The AC came on as it's hot here, and I'm wrapped in a throw. I will just relax today. It's of course completely worth getting it.

@grapau27 You're looking very dapper there.

@Sharon in AZ Bon Voyage!

@JAM37 Praying your DH's cough will settle down so he can get some decent sleep.

@AncientWanderer Fingers crossed that DSIL is negative. I think I read 5 days is optimal for testing.

@smitty34877 I'm glad to hear Tana is a bit better. Hoping the Pulmonary Rehab helps. I shake my head at healthcare workers not wanting to get vaccinated. When you work in a hospital or in healthcare, there are lots of requirements - yearly TB test, flu shot, continuing education, etc.

@mamaofami I hope going higher up the chain gets things settled for you. So sorry about the refrigerator issues!

@Cruizer Bill Bon Voyage! Have a great cruise.

@TiogaCruiser I hope the weather cooperates with your trip. Stay safe!

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list. Also for those in the path of IDA.

Stay safe, wear your mask and social distance if needed.

Thank you JazzyV.

I hope you are feeling much better very soon.

The vaccine in most definitely worth any discomfort.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kazu said:

I am happy to share some good news on my BFF’s husband.  After 5 long weeks,  he is coming home from the hospital.  His head injury is still needing care and ExtraMural will be coming in daily to do the treatment.  He is getting some special machine.  They will also be taking his blood but somehow my BFF has to get it the lab 😔 

My friend will have her hands full caring for him but thankfully her family is close and she has 2 wonderful grandchildren that have also offered to assist.  She knows I’m available if she needs me.

He does not have much strength from being in bed with the broken ribs although they did start having him walk.  Hopefully he is much improved in a few more weeks.

Thank you all for your prayers for him ❤️ 

This is very happy news.  I bet he will heal and gain strength rapidly after getting home and being taken care of by loved ones.  That's just awesome news that he is well enough to go home.  Happy for all of you.  Thanks for sharing the update.

• Like 10

Hello my new friends.

I have searched this site as well as google and cannot find what BHB stands for...I have seen it used in some posts here.

Also, I am hoping some of you will be so kind as to share with me where you search for your cruises. My husband has always used Vacations to Go, so that is what I look at as well.

Thank you for indulging me as I continue to try to learn this site. I'm finding the search feature somewhat temperamental.

Wishing everyone a great night and can't wait to "see" you all here tomorrow.

Blessings,

Julia

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

Hello my new friends.

I have searched this site as well as google and cannot find what BHB stands for...I have seen it used in some posts here.

Also, I am hoping some of you will be so kind as to share with me where you search for your cruises. My husband has always used Vacations to Go, so that is what I look at as well.

Thank you for indulging me as I continue to try to learn this site. I'm finding the search feature somewhat temperamental.

Blessings,

Julia

BHB is Blue Hulled Beauty, which refers to our Holland America ships.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

Hello my new friends.

Blessings,

Julia

Hi, Julia —

BHB = Blue Hulled Beauty.

My DH also searches the same place but then we book directly with the cruise line or another travel agency we have used in the past.  (We can’t mention TA names on this site.)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

it's been a rough day.  Most of the afternoon was waiting for an A/C repair guy.  He's gone now but I think there may still be a problem.  I do hope we have some cooler weather coming.

I don't remember it that way but when I look back at my alternate menu selection it seems a bit strange.  It's from the last formal  (Crystal calls it Black Tie Optional) night of the cruise from San Francisco to New York.  Believe it or not all my choices were from the "Crystal Classics) section:

https://morethangetaways.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/dinner0828.pdf

It's Commander Salad, Grilled Fresh Black Angus Sirloin Steak(half) with Sauce Bernaise, Baked Red Skin Potato, and Frangipane Pear Tart, served on the Crystal Symphony August 39, 2018:

dishes28.jpg

Roy

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

Hello my new friends.

Blessings,

Julia

Hi Julia

We are on the email lists of a number of agencies that specialize in cruising, and have had some wonderful deals and packages come up that way. It also helps to browse the cruise lines’ sites and then contact a variety of large bargain agencies to see who can top the cruise lines offer. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@kazu Good to hear that your BFF's DH is coming home and that there is family to help out.

Feeling a little better. I really felt lousy earlier, with chills, and took my temp which was 100.7F. Not terribly high, but I run low, so even 99 feels abnormal to me. I took some tylenol and my temp is down to 99, making me feel better. I think by tomorrow I should be good.

• Like 23

35 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Feeling a little better. I really felt lousy earlier, with chills, and took my temp which was 100.7F. Not terribly high, but I run low, so even 99 feels abnormal to me. I took some tylenol and my temp is down to 99, making me feel better. I think by tomorrow I should be good.

I had my 3rd Moderna shot a week ago ---- nothing other than a sore arm after the 1st 2 but the next day this one threw me for a bit of a loop....  achy, felt like I had no bones, temp (but I didn't take it) during the night - took a couple of Tylenol & that's after I went to bed at 7 pm.  Felt ok the next day.  Glad you're feeling better!

• Like 14

1 hour ago, JAM37 said:

Hello my new friends.

Blessings,

Julia

Julia, I do use VTG but usually use the HAL site for Canadian pricing and compare it to VTG to see the exchange rate.

Then I just call/email my TA and see what pricing she gets and OBC she is giving me and book.

A number of TA’s will either discount or give you OBC.  OBC for me is more valuable being Canadian - at least at current exchange rates 😉 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

@kazu Good to hear that your BFF's DH is coming home and that there is family to help out.

Thanks.  Hoping you are feeing better tomorrow 🤞 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kb4683 said:

Hi, Julia —

BHB = Blue Hulled Beauty.

My DH also searches the same place but then we book directly with the cruise line or another travel agency we have used in the past.  (We can’t mention TA names on this site.)

We have used VTG a couple of times & were very pleased with their pricing & 'extras' but---- when our 2020 Maasdam cruise was cancelled, we had a devil of a time getting our refund....HAL said we had to go thru VTG & VTG said since HAL had been paid, we needed to go thru them.   Long story short, we did get our refund but I couldn't tell you which company refunded us.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

We have used VTG a couple of times & were very pleased with their pricing & 'extras' but---- when our 2020 Maasdam cruise was cancelled, we had a devil of a time getting our refund....HAL said we had to go thru VTG & VTG said since HAL had been paid, we needed to go thru them.   Long story short, we did get our refund but I couldn't tell you which company refunded us.

It’s when things go sideways that you find how good your TA is or not.   We stopped using them years ago after a less than satisfactory response.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

That's a beautiful photo!  Lovely family!  It looks like you are wearing a strand of those wonderful aurora borealis crystal stones.  I have one that I like a lot.  Maybe I'll bring mine in October.  😍

I’ll bring mine too. These were from my Mother who always took them cruising. 

• Like 7

@JAM37, you might already be doing this, but be sure to refine your searches by the ship, too.  You might find you want to be on the ship before or after the cruise you are looking at.  Lots of times the cruise lines bundle the segments together to book as one cruise, but not always.  You might find something you want to piece together.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to Rich for the daily, to Roy for the lists, and to everyone making this such a friendly thread.

@kazu good news that your friends husband coming home from hospital, hope he makes good progress in his own environment.

@Cruizer Bill Bon Voyage.

@TiogaCruiser have a great camping trip, safe travelling.

@Cruising-alongthanks for supporting NZ Sauvignon Blancs.

It's a grey cool day. temperature 9 C.

Another 83 Community cases of Delta  today, total 511,  34 are  in hospital, two of these in ICU.  All cases are in Auckland and Wellington.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1