HERE IT IS. TESTING 2 days before

RoePost

Effective Sep 19: Testing now required within 2 days of embarkation

To help you stay atop our evolving health and safety standards, we are highlighting the latest updates below as a courtesy to our travel advisor partners.

• Will I need to have a pre-travel viral COVID-19 test performed prior to 
    boarding the ship?

Yes, on voyages sailing through September 12, 2021, ALL guests will be required to produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within 3 days of their embarkation. On voyages sailing September 19, 2021 and after, in accordance with updated CDC directives, ALL guests will be required to produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within 2 days of their embarkation. So if sailing on Sunday, the test may be taken on Friday and Saturday, and as late as Sunday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time 
    for check-in. 
    Guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test along with proof of full vaccination upon arrival in the terminal and can then proceed on board. Guests who travel internationally should always ensure they understand all entry and airline requirements to travel from their home country and the destinations they plan to visit, including where health authorities may require pre-travel COVID-19 testing. In addition to mandatory pre-travel COVID tests for vaccinated guests, guests who have traveled internationally in the 14 days prior to embarkation, will require an antigen test at embarkation. For US sailings, this excludes travel to Canada. These requirements are in effect through October 31, 2021, as we continue to assess the latest information and recommendations of leading 
    health authorities.
  • Will you offer COVID-19 testing at the terminal before my cruise?
    We strongly recommend all guests take a viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) prior to leaving hometo avoid queues and travel disruptions associated with a possible positive test result on the day of embarkation.
    We understand that it may be difficult for some of our guests to find testing that can provide results within a 2-day turnaround. Accordingly, for guests who did not receive their test results within 2 days prior to their embarkation, we are working to set up mobile testing sites near our embarkation ports to conduct COVID-19 testing the day before, or day of, your cruise departure. 
    The company providing the testing will charge a per-person fee (please check back at princess.com/CruiseHealthFAQ  for details). Providers will not accept insurance, but you will be provided a receipt should you wish to submit the cost to your insurance carrier. Please consider this as a back-up alternative should you not be able to make arrangements prior to leaving home. 
    In accordance with CDC protocols, guests who test positive for COVID-19 on embarkation day will be denied boarding, together with their family members and close contacts, may be required to quarantine shoreside, and may be restricted from commercial air travel. If you, your family members, traveling companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19 and are denied boarding, you will be entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BrandiGreg said:

I made appointments at 2 different places on the morning 2 days before our cruise, in case results from one of them is late.  They are free (in US).  This is my back-up planning.

I just read an article today saying that people are getting charged for covid tests for travel.  Some people have gotten bills for $200.  I don't know, I have never gotten a test, but just so you can look into it. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Level six said:

I just read an article today saying that people are getting charged for covid tests for travel.  Some people have gotten bills for $200.  I don't know, I have never gotten a test, but just so you can look into it. 

I can always tell them I think I was exposed or complain of a scratchy throat.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Level six said:

Testing providers may bills insurance but if insurance does not pay for travel clearance, then balance bill folks.  I have Medicare as primary so expect to pay for testing for Travel.  Cost in my area is about $200 pp. 

• Like 1

I'm still confused about types of testing.  I know there are Molecular and Antigen tests.  It is unclear (to me) if a NAAT is a PCR or a PCR is a NAAT test.  Even with the following link....I am wondering if Princess will accept:  NAAT, PCR, Antigen.  I do understand that with the most recent update, we ALL are going to have to find rapid tests.

I'm a visual person and found the following chart.  But if there are soon to be cruisers, It would help me greatly to know exactly which test you received (and from where).

https://www.fda.gov/media/140161/download

Thank you all.

• Thanks 1

Testing is free at CVS, Walgreens, and the county health labs. In California (your state may vary), they bill insurance 1st. If denied, they bill the state. There are also other private labs where you might be charged an upfront bill. But there are plenty of free testing sites around in my area

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

Avoid confusion, stress, insurance issues and simply buy Abbot proctored tests on emed.com, 6 tests for $150. You take the test at any time, with someone from the company watching you on a webcam and certifying the results. Then all the Carnival brands will have testing at the pier as a backup, but it will probably be more expensive and delay getting on the ship and add to the stress, especially since testing positive would cause all sorts of trouble. The Carnival forum has a guy who did a video of the entire testing process, and it's looking to be the only dependable option for a 2-day testing window. Just make sure you don't confuse it with Abbot self-tests available in drugstores--only the ones sold at emed and another site are proctored and valid for all the cruise lines. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Testing is free at CVS, Walgreens, and the county health labs. In California (your state may vary), they bill insurance 1st. If denied, they bill the state. There are also other private labs where you might be charged an upfront bill. But there are plenty of free testing sites around in my area

52 minutes ago, rj59 said:

Avoid confusion, stress, insurance issues and simply buy Abbot proctored tests on emed.com, 6 tests for $150. You take the test at any time, with someone from the company watching you on a webcam and certifying the results. Then all the Carnival brands will have testing at the pier as a backup, but it will probably be more expensive and delay getting on the ship and add to the stress, especially since testing positive would cause all sorts of trouble. The Carnival forum has a guy who did a video of the entire testing process, and it's looking to be the only dependable option for a 2-day testing window. Just make sure you don't confuse it with Abbot self-tests available in drugstores--only the ones sold at emed and another site are proctored and valid for all the cruise lines. 

If rapid antigen test is free in US & $40-$60 in Canada, no need to pay $150-$200 pp in MHO. 
I will wait to cruise when testing & masks are no longer. Required. 

We are supposed to sail Friday after Thanksgiving. Good luck getting a test done on Wednesday ! Of course we just made final payment a few days ago. We now have to think should we cancel now and avoid the stress or wait in case we MIGHT find a testing appointment .  PCR test is out in that timeframe. We went thru the 3 day version in Aug and that was stressful enough waiting for results ( though to cruise again was great ) but now looks like we have a one day . 😧

4 hours ago, dog said:

If rapid antigen test is free in US & $40-$60 in Canada, no need to pay $150-$200 pp in MHO. 
I will wait to cruise when testing & masks are no longer. Required. 

That's our thinking as well, our late November trip almost certainly won't happen if all this is still in place, particularly since we Canadians also have to test flying to and from the US. Q: Where in Canada can you get tested for $40-60 and are those tests acceptable to both Princess and Air Canada? Thx

13 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

That's our thinking as well, our late November trip almost certainly won't happen if all this is still in place, particularly since we Canadians also have to test flying to and from the US. Q: Where in Canada can you get tested for $40-60 and are those tests acceptable to both Princess and Air Canada? Thx

SDM

27 minutes ago, Empehi said:

Just be thankful you do not have a cruise departing on the Sat after Thanksgiving. No testing done on Thanksgiving so you have only one day (Friday) to get test.

That should say one day to get the test AND THE RESULTS. Neither the CDC or the cruise lines following all their recommendations seem to care about what in reality can be done.

• Like 1

We r also sailing Saturday after thanksgiving which means test on thanksgiving or Friday.

not sure what will be available in that timeframe.  
We are going to purchase the Abbott Binax test and test at home on thanksgivings day.  Much less stress. 

• Like 2