Dinner BOGO for Diamond Plus

18 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Set up once onboard.

Thank you.  Will get with the Suite Concierge once we are onboard to see what he/she can do.  Will even mention it in our pre-cruise correspondence.

I'd love to do a second lunch at Jamie's and a second dinner at Chops.  Not sure I could convince my better half to more than that.  She's a big fan of  Coastal Kitchen and that's the main reason we sail in suites.

• 2 weeks later...

We're D+, but it has been about 5yrs since our last cruise.

We're going on the Oasis, much larger than the Voyager class ships we've sailed. 

I'm really trying to wrap my head around the BOGO specialty dinner by "pre" booking it...?

If I'm to understand this correctly, I can reserve Chops online for 1 at whatever price I can book it at through the app/online, etc. Then when we board, go to Chops and ask them to change to 2 guests using the BOGO that should be loaded on to our seapass at that time? They'll most likely then charge us the going rate for 1 on our seapass and then refund or shipboard credit whatever we paid online and we'd see that at some point on our folio???

I don't want to possible miss out with our late boarding time and then getting on board and there being nothing left to possible book for Day 1 and 2. I hope that makes sense.

Just trying to get my sea legs back and understanding all the perks nowadays compared to the "coupon books" we used to get back in the day.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers!

7 hours ago, shand32783 said:

Then when we board, go to Chops and ask them to change to 2 guests using the BOGO that should be loaded on to our seapass at that time? They'll most likely then charge us the going rate for 1 on our seapass and then refund or shipboard credit whatever we paid online and we'd see that at some point on our folio??

Yes and probably.

Each time, booking one person...then adding the second upon check in...have had different experiences.   From no problem, smile...done deal, to being pissy, trying to charge again, etc.  (Chops)

Never know what to expect.  

Though I now realize, booking in advance for Chops (which I will probably not do again) is the only way to insure a reservation on the smaller ships.  Have never had a problem with Giovanni's and will probably wait to book once on the ship from now on.  

I pre-booked Chops lunch for our upcoming Odyssey cruise for both of us on each leg of our B2B. Once at Chops, I will ask if we can use the BOGO for it and maybe get a refund for one meal. If not, I'm ok with that but it doesn't hurt to ask. We really like Chops but have never tried their lunch, so looking forward to it! For those that have eaten the Chops lunch, how is it?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

I pre-booked Chops lunch for our upcoming Odyssey cruise for both of us on each leg of our B2B. Once at Chops, I will ask if we can use the BOGO for it and maybe get a refund for one meal. If not, I'm ok with that but it doesn't hurt to ask. We really like Chops but have never tried their lunch, so looking forward to it! For those that have eaten the Chops lunch, how is it?

The idea is to actually just book and pay for one person.   There are no one person tables...least chairs at a table...two (or two top).  So pretty easy to add the second person, first being already paid in full (most of the time).   Giovanni's always congenial to it for us...Chops is where I have the problem.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, shand32783 said:

We're D+, but it has been about 5yrs since our last cruise.

We're going on the Oasis, much larger than the Voyager class ships we've sailed. 

I'm really trying to wrap my head around the BOGO specialty dinner by "pre" booking it...?

If I'm to understand this correctly, I can reserve Chops online for 1 at whatever price I can book it at through the app/online, etc. Then when we board, go to Chops and ask them to change to 2 guests using the BOGO that should be loaded on to our seapass at that time? They'll most likely then charge us the going rate for 1 on our seapass and then refund or shipboard credit whatever we paid online and we'd see that at some point on our folio???

I don't want to possible miss out with our late boarding time and then getting on board and there being nothing left to possible book for Day 1 and 2. I hope that makes sense.

Just trying to get my sea legs back and understanding all the perks nowadays compared to the "coupon books" we used to get back in the day.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers!

The savings are not that great. Two months ago Chop's +1 was $83.00.  We booked the D+ BOGO and it was $78.99 , The 18% was not added to either one.  A day after boarding we found out the TA we used gave us a specialty dinner, swapped out the BOGO for the TA freebee and was issued a OBC for the BOGO. This was on Quantum

23 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Same food, smaller portions. Although lunch is the only time meatball is available. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

The savings are not that great. Two months ago Chop's +1 was $83.00.  We booked the D+ BOGO and it was $78.99 , The 18% was not added to either one.  A day after boarding we found out the TA we used gave us a specialty dinner, swapped out the BOGO for the TA freebee and was issued a OBC for the BOGO. This was on Quantum

Chops dining for 2 at $83 was either a mistake, a dining package or 1st night of your bogo coupon. Has not been that low for years, not months.

12 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Chops dining for 2 at $83 was either a mistake, a dining package or 1st night of your bogo coupon. Has not been that low for years, not months.

They were referring to Chops + 1, which is currently showing as $83.99 in my Planner.  

A0F9D65E-063E-46E1-BF20-5056D5E83BD4.jpeg

Question on the BOGO.  We purchased a dinner reservation at 150. Can we call Captains Club before boarding as have that changed to a BOGO or do I need to talk to the Concierge or 150 Maitre D' once we are onboard?   

Does the BOGO also apply to the pre-purchased lunch  at Chops?  

Neither of these are on Day 1 as we prefer to in in CK on Day 1. 

8 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Question on the BOGO.  We purchased a dinner reservation at 150. Can we call Captains Club before boarding as have that changed to a BOGO or do I need to talk to the Concierge or 150 Maitre D' once we are onboard?   

Does the BOGO also apply to the pre-purchased lunch  at Chops?  

Neither of these are on Day 1 as we prefer to in in CK on Day 1. 

Captain's Club won't do anything for you, b/c that's on Celebrity!  😉

I would go to 150 on embarkation day and discuss it with them there.  There's a chance the Suite Concierge could handle it for you, but you might spend just as much time explaining to him/her what you're trying to do as it would take to just go to 150 and handle it yourself.  

6 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Captain's Club won't do anything for you, b/c that's on Celebrity!  😉

I would go to 150 on embarkation day and discuss it with them there.  There's a chance the Suite Concierge could handle it for you, but you might spend just as much time explaining to him/her what you're trying to do as it would take to just go to 150 and handle it yourself.  

Yeah, I mean to say Crown and Anchor but got distracted -- I hate it when that happens. 

Will talk to the Maitre D' at 150 on embarkation.   I may end up changing the date depending on menu changes in CK. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Doesn't make sense. +1 price same as 83.99 / per guest.

The $83.99 applies in the cruise planner and it's for 2 specialty restaurants--Chop's being one.  Then there's the C&A BOGO coupon available to D+ and higher which can be used for 2 diners either on the 1st or 2nd nights.  Also, the BOGO can be used by 1 diner on the 1st and 2nd nights.  Some Maitre Ds are a bit flexible with the 1 diner being able to convert the 2nd restaurant at a different night than the 2nd.

Confusing🤣

• 5 months later...
On 12/13/2022 at 8:38 AM, strathcona said:

Has anyone try booking for one online for day one or two, cost less, about 15 to 20% off the ship price and then bring your partner as your BOGO. They would charge the dinner to the one person onboard credit and the second person would be free. Always have booked onboard which has never been a problem but trying to save a couple dollars now. 

I was wondering the same thing!  We usually book 1 person and show up as a couple with no problem. Did you book with the discount through the cruise planner and if so, did you have any problems?

2 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

I was wondering the same thing!  We usually book 1 person and show up as a couple with no problem. Did you book with the discount through the cruise planner and if so, did you have any problems?

On another thread, don't recall which one,  someone said that it worked but a couple of others said it didn't.   I've never tried it that way.  Always waited until we boarded, stopped at a restaurant,  picked a date and paid.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Most people say that once onboard then Royal cancels the prebooked reservation (giving you OBC) and charge full price for the first meal.

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Most people say that once onboard then cancel the prebooked reservation (giving you OBC) and charge full price for the first meal.

13 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

On another thread, don't recall which one,  someone said that it worked but a couple of others said it didn't.   I've never tried it that way.  Always waited until we boarded, stopped at a restaurant,  picked a date and paid.

Thanks for responding.  I don't really care so much about the discount as I just want to get 6:30 on the 1st and 2nd nights which is a popular time.  The dining for my sailing hasn't opened up yet and looking at other sailings, there usually seems to be some type of discount. I'm hoping to book before a discount is offered or I guess I'll contact RCCL dining and try to book without a discount.  We're in an OS and in the past, the Suite Lounge Concierge Host usually contacts us pre-cruise to make any type of reservations, but that's only 1-2 weeks prior and I would like to have my reservations completed before then. 

Edited by shirazcruiser
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Thanks for responding.  I don't really care so much about the discount as I just want to get 6:30 on the 1st and 2nd nights which is a popular time.  The dining for my sailing hasn't opened up yet and looking at other sailings, there usually seems to be some type of discount. I'm hoping to book before a discount is offered or I guess I'll contact RCCL dining and try to book without a discount. 

Book when you see the  times and date you want for 1 person................what do you have to lose..........If they charge you  the onboard price and cancel your booking, you at least are eating at the time and night you want.

Nothing to lose, If they give you the OBC use it for your tips at the end of the cruise.

That is what we will be doing if they give us OBC and cancel my discounted dinner.

After boarding I'm not going to rush to try to get the time and night we want. That's a PITA.

This way our time and day is  locked in, btw there are no tables for 1 person anyway...........so they will just add a plate when we arrive. , Not a big deal.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, molly361 said:

Most people say that once onboard then Royal cancels the prebooked reservation (giving you OBC) and charge full price for the first meal.

That is what happened to us the first time we tried it.  It was a total cluster...just not worth the grief we got.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

That is what happened to us the first time we tried it.  It was a total cluster...just not worth the grief we got.  

I don't mind paying the full price.  I just like to know that I already have ressies.  I might try booking both the first and second night and paying in advance.  It's easier I would think as a solo.  They can go ahead and charge me full price for the first night and credit me for that and then again for the second night's dinner as well.  I really am not a fan of having to worry about making reservations when I first board.  Don't like that too much

• Like 1

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I don't mind paying the full price.  I just like to know that I already have ressies.  I might try booking both the first and second night and paying in advance.  It's easier I would think as a solo.  They can go ahead and charge me full price for the first night and credit me for that and then again for the second night's dinner as well.  I really am not a fan of having to worry about making reservations when I first board.  Don't like that too much

I guess I am used to do it when I board...so it does not bother me much.   We board early, then hang out in the CL/SL.   While sitting there, waiting for our cabin to open, I do the reservations.  I am open for which one or two to use...so almost always can get a reservation.