Why no vegetables?

CruisingNole

2 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

I think the OP was conversing about how "Little" amount of vegetables on the entree plate, not about veggie entree options.

Yes I understand, was just offering another option / view point

2 minutes ago, maureencruiser said:

Two too many!  🤣

And that's why they don't give everyone a lot of veggies.  For every person that wants more there are several that won't eat them so why bother?  It's so easy to ask for what you want.  

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, BND said:

And that's why they don't give everyone a lot of veggies.  For every person that wants more there are several that won't eat them so why bother?  It's so easy to ask for what you want.  

I'm looking at the menus for Harmony.  I'm thinking of getting one entree and requesting the veg from another.  Or, just ordering a baked potato.  

On 9/27/2021 at 6:43 PM, BecciBoo said:

Why don't you just ask them.  They will bring you whatever you want, I promise.  Ye have not because ye ask not.  And you can ask them to prepare it any way you want it.  There is also a diet provision for vegetarians, diabetics, etc... all you have to do is ask.

We had HOT sour dough rolls this last trip because we asked for them...every night, yummy melted butter, no more hard butter.

You mean I can ask for roasted vegetables and they'll make them for me?

Edited by Carol28
wanted to check for spellings

On 9/28/2021 at 4:58 PM, whyrlygig said:

I got 1 bitter piece of broccoli with an entree last week.  How do you make it bitter?  It was awful.   

I had the same thing happen on Freedom…on the same dish I had 2 weeks before on Mariner ….there was something funky about broccoli…I avoided the broccoli the rest of the cruise

On 11/16/2021 at 8:28 AM, maureencruiser said:

I'm looking at the menus for Harmony.  I'm thinking of getting one entree and requesting the veg from another.  Or, just ordering a baked potato.  

I did that quite a bit this week on Freedom, it was always, "no problem" from the waiter.  The cordon bleu came with fries, so I asked for mashed instead.  The turkey dinner came with peas and carrots, so I asked for broccoli or asparagus, whatever they had (and got both broccoli AND asparagus).  

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 9:28 AM, maureencruiser said:

On Harmony now. According to menu, Lobster is supposed to come with baked potato.  It didn’t, came with mashed potato. 😪

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 4:28 PM, CruisingNole said:

Well, the title says it all. Why can’t Royal include a decent serving of fresh vegetables with an entree? And no, one piece of broccoli does not count.

This is one reason I like the buffet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

On Harmony now. According to menu, Lobster is supposed to come with baked potato.  It didn’t, came with mashed potato. 😪

On Allure last night lobster came with half a potato, skin was on but it wasn't baked potato. I ate it dipped in melted butter, delicious 😋. Maybe potatoes are in short supply these days.

On 9/27/2021 at 5:28 PM, CruisingNole said:

Well, the title says it all. Why can’t Royal include a decent serving of fresh vegetables with an entree? And no, one piece of broccoli does not count.

A friend who travels with us asks for a separate plate of veggies every night with her entree. I’m sure if you ask they will comply. 

On 11/15/2021 at 6:27 AM, poocher said:

I’m embarrassed to admit that I eat hockey pucks.  Ever since I was pregnant with my now 36 year old daughter, I like my burgers on the grill to be WELL DONE!  Ya know the one that’s been on the grill since the party started?  Slap a piece of cheese on it and give it to me.  Hubby knows it’s gotta crunch when I bite into it.  I don’t know why.  I don’t eat them that way if we’re out at like a sports bar or pub.  I don’t eat anything else that way, just backyard burgers. Weird pregnancy left over🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

We had friends over for dinner.  My friend's husband asked for his steak to be well done.  No problem.  After leaving his steak on the grill longer than the others, I got busy and when I went to check on it, it was burnt.  I don't mean well done with grill marks, I mean burnt totally blackened, dry as toast.  I showed it to my friend's husband telling him I would put another one on the grill.  He reached for the plate and said, it's perfect!  I was watching.  He ate ALL of it. 

On cruises, I always order a plate of extra broccoli with most entrees.  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, brillohead said:

Right?  It felt wrong to me, too.  I could maybe understand fried chicken and french fries, or a burger and fries, but chicken cordon bleu????  

Well, they are both "French" lol.

• Haha 2

On 11/16/2021 at 8:28 AM, maureencruiser said:

I do that all the time. And if it is a veggie I like, I ask for double. If we eat lunch on the ship, we mostly do the buffet - that is where I try to fill up on the fruits and veggies. 

Just got off the Anthem and noticed a big lack of vegetarian options. Went to the dining room for lunch where they served 4-lentil chili. The description didn't mention meat at all and was in the same place on the menu as typical vegetarian dishes, so my husband (who is avoiding red meat for health reasons) ordered it. Even after the waiter told us there was no meat, it came to us filled with ground beef. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, LynnForestgate said:

sounds terrible.

I can fully understand your disgust at this.

Its a reflection of the person isn't it. Can you imagine how he eats at home.

More than likely, sitting on the sofa, no shoes on, scruffy dirty tee, eating food with his mouth open.

No need to to brag about how you eat. 😂