Why no vegetables?

CruisingNole

A quick steam is all most veggies need, a pinch of salt a quick toss with butter or evoo.  As a child (a LONG time ago!). I remember my mother boiling the }#%# out of veggies.  No wonder we didn’t want to eat those limp soggy tasteless things!

Edited by poocher
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

Well, the title says it all. Why can’t Royal include a decent serving of fresh vegetables with an entree? And no, one piece of broccoli does not count.

We are on vacation should not be eating anything healthy 😁😁.

• Like 4
  • Haha 15

Why don't you just ask them.  They will bring you whatever you want, I promise.  Ye have not because ye ask not.  And you can ask them to prepare it any way you want it.  There is also a diet provision for vegetarians, diabetics, etc... all you have to do is ask.

We had HOT sour dough rolls this last trip because we asked for them...every night, yummy melted butter, no more hard butter.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Why don't you just ask them.  They will bring you whatever you want, I promise.  Ye have not because ye ask not.  And you can ask them to prepare it any way you want it.  There is also a diet provision for vegetarians, diabetics, etc... all you have to do is ask.

We had HOT sour dough rolls this last trip because we asked for them...every night, yummy melted butter, no more hard butter.

In the past when I've asked for extra veggies I've gotten another whole plate of the dish. 

As for why I want extra veggies. The simple answer is it keeps me regular if you know what I mean. Wink, wink. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The wife of the couple we cruise with always orders steamed vegetables with a sweet potato--basically as her entre.  She has informed the head waiter and when we have eaten in Coastal Kitchen, she usually asks for the Chef to come to our table to discuss.  It's a pretty easy request.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, gerif said:

You can always order more and I often have. Of course, then you get a big platter of veggies but they’re good for you. 

Yes I ordered an extra serving of asparagus (my favourite veggie) with my entree every evening on our recent sailing on Harmony. By the end of the cruise our waiter just added it to the order without even being asked.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, poocher said:

A quick steam is all most veggies need, a pinch of salt a quick toss with butter or evoo.  As a child (a LONG time ago!). I remember my mother boiling the }#%# out of veggies.  No wonder we didn’t want to eat those limp soggy tasteless things!

There is a point between those two extremes. My bigger issue is they don't toss it with salt and butter/evoo. It's just here's your plain veggies just warm enough so we can say "it's not raw - they're warm!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Hot rolls & melted butter...Nice !!!

• Like 3

You can ask for a side of veggies anytime, or a salad.  Anything they have they can make they will do for you.  Want a baked potato with an entree, just ask.  Want steamed broccoli, just request it.  If you get just one floret of broccoli, it's because it's part of a veg medley, like with carrots.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisingNole said:

Well, the title says it all. Why can’t Royal include a decent serving of fresh vegetables with an entree? And no, one piece of broccoli does not count.

Is there supposed to be a picture reference here🤔

14 hours ago, smplybcause said:

There is a point between those two extremes. My bigger issue is they don't toss it with salt and butter/evoo. It's just here's your plain veggies just warm enough so we can say "it's not raw - they're warm!"

ASK...I promise you they will.  I'm sure the lack of seasoning is because of salt restrictions for a lot of folks.

Edited by BecciBoo

46 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

ASK...I promise you they will.  I'm sure the lack of seasoning is because of salt restrictions for a lot of folks.

What's funny, I've never found cruise food to be lacking in salt. Especially after a lose a few pounds of water weight after I get home.

• Like 2