The Daily for Tuesday September 28, 2021

richwmn

Good afternoon, everyone.

My procedure went well, although I was very uncomfortable during it.  What the doctor was doing didn't hurt at all, but the way I had to be positioned really was uncomfortable.  It felt like I was being ripped in two.  They only did the right side today and will do the left side in two weeks.  Dr. said they would make some changes in position so I wasn't so uncomfortable.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, irishjim said:

Thank you  so  much. I  hope your eye doing very  good.

Jim.

Thank you Jim.

So far I am delighted with the outcome of my cataract op.

Graham.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, dfish said:

My procedure went well, although I was very uncomfortable during it.  What the doctor was doing didn't hurt at all, but the way I had to be positioned really was uncomfortable.  It felt like I was being ripped in two.  They only did the right side today and will do the left side in two weeks.  Dr. said they would make some changes in position so I wasn't so uncomfortable.  

Sorry to hear of your discomfort Debbie.

Hopefully the op will make a big difference to your quality of life.

Graham.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

Good Afternoon,

What a pleasure it is to be back in the daily.  Have any of you ever gotten sick while on vacation?  It is no fun at all.  The late Erma Bombeck wrote a book about it, "When you look like you passport photo, it's time to go home"....well I certainly looked like mine!  At least I took a few of pictures of the trip itself that I hope to post in the coming days.  

Thoughts and prayers to all that need them.  I'm trying to get caught up on all the news.

Have a wonderful day everybody!

I'm glad you are feeling better.

1 hour ago, irishjim said:

Roy  just a  short   update  went  back  to  the  clinic  to  have  a  neck

dressing  removed  today  and  everyhhing  is  good   and   healed  well.

Jim.

Good news that everything is good and healed well.

1 hour ago, Live4cruises said:

@cat shepard, another two thumbs up for Bosch dishwasher.  Ours is wonderful.  We have also had a Bosch dryer, which I despised, so you know I'm not just a cheerleader!  🤣

Some companies can make one great appliance and others that are not good.

21 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Yes she is. We're praying that she gets proper medical assistance here!

Joining the others that she can get the help she needs.  The move must have  been hard on her.  Glad you were there to help.

9 minutes ago, dfish said:

Debbie, glad the procedure went well, but sorry you were so uncomfortable.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

Good Afternoon,

What a pleasure it is to be back in the daily.  Have any of you ever gotten sick while on vacation?  It is no fun at all.  The late Erma Bombeck wrote a book about it, "When you look like you passport photo, it's time to go home"....well I certainly looked like mine!  At least I took a few of pictures of the trip itself that I hope to post in the coming days.  

Thoughts and prayers to all that need them.  I'm trying to get caught up on all the news.

Welcome back, Bruno!

• Like 9

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days. I haven't asked a stupid question yet today, I don't think 😁. We should all be good neighbors and public lands are important.

Great quote. I like the meal, although too much for me today. Pass on the gin drink. I like the wine too, but no alcohol allowed today.

I haven't been to today's port. Thanks for the pictures.

It poured rain and there was hail earlier today. Now it's just gloomy.

Well, colonoscopy is done! I've been up since 3AM to do the 2nd part of the prep. As usual, I was made a pincushion trying to get an IV in; I think I was dehydrated despite drinking a whole lot yesterday. Apparently they removed a number of small polyps. I'm supposed to call in 10 days for pathology reports, but I'm sure they'll pop up in the electronic chart sooner than that. I'm easing back into a diet today, starting with coffee of course. I'm so sleepy; post-sedation effects likely. I may try to nap, but usually it's something I can't do and end up just laying there.

@dfish Wishing you the best on your procedure today.

@JAM37 Safe travels tomorrow.

@mamaofami That dental trip does not sound like fun; I hope it's not painful.

@smitty34877 I'm glad the DGC are starting to feel better. 

@StLouisCruisers Hope you're feeling 100% soon.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe and wear your mask. We had 436 new Covid cases in the last 24 hours, so I'm being dutiful with masking and social distancing.

You and I have two things in common...the vein issue and not being able to nap. I hope you got some rest today.

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, dfish said:

I'm glad the procedure went well, but sorry it was so uncomfortable.  One time I had an MRI where I had to be placed in a really super awful position.  And you know, you have to stay really still for those -- and they take a long time.    I literally recited The Lord's Prayer to myself over and over again until it was over.  It really helped.  Perfect combination of distraction and support.  

Just FWIW...

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Well the appliance gremlins did not pass me by. My appliance repair guru called to tell me LG just notified him that they have discontinued the mother board for my dishwasher. 😞

Anyone have any experience with Bosch dishwashers? Anything to like or dislike about them. They “sound” good online, but…

Check Consumer Reports.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

I'm glad the procedure went well, but sorry it was so uncomfortable.  One time I had an MRI where I had to be placed in a really super awful position.  And you know, you have to stay really still for those -- and they take a long time.    I literally recited The Lord's Prayer to myself over and over again until it was over.  It really helped.  Perfect combination of distraction and support.  

Just FWIW...

I was singing songs in my head.  Next time I'll make the doctor and assistants sing along with me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Ann, did your appliance guru or you check Amazon?  We've gotten alliance boards from there.  They might still have one in stock.  It's worth checking.

Thanks, Lenda!

That was the first place he checked. I laughed when he said he was checking there. That’s where I do a lot of “browsing”, though they do not always have the best price.

The weird part is that his last hope simply said the part was back-ordered.  It took them 3 weeks to hear from LG that it was discontinued. We should have known. It is more than 10 years old. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@cat shepardWe also have a Bosch. I love the small top rack and it is very quiet. But my dishes don't fit very well. You might want to take a couple of bowls and mugs to see how they stack in the racks.

Thanks Susie, I will do that. I have weird square plates. And the LG has chipped quite a few of them. 

• Like 6

Wow the upsell fairy is busy these days. I thought I did well with an upsell from a guarantee obstructed veranda to a Spa Veranda for $25pp. Congrats to Sharon  and Craig on your upsell to a Neptune and to Bruce and Sue on the upsell to a Pinnacle. 

Bruce and Sue I have never been inside a Pinnacle so please post plenty photos of your wonderful cabin.

Jane

• Like 20

11 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thanks, Lenda!

That was the first place he checked. I laughed when he said he was checking there. That’s where I do a lot of “browsing”, though they do not always have the best price.

The weird part is that his last hope simply said the part was back-ordered.  It took them 3 weeks to hear from LG that it was discontinued. We should have known. It is more than 10 years old. 

It was worth a try.  Since we're not near large towns, we check Amazon first.  If we factor in the time and cost to make a 75-150 mile round-trip, Amazon's possible higher price isn't so bad.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Well the appliance gremlins did not pass me by. My appliance repair guru called to tell me LG just notified him that they have discontinued the mother board for my dishwasher. 😞

Anyone have any experience with Bosch dishwashers? Anything to like or dislike about them. They “sound” good online, but…

Love mine!  It is two years old.  Quiet, efficient, easy to load

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cat shepard said:

We custom built a home in Washington State back in 2004. We chose a Bosch dishwasher. We loved it. When we moved to FL, our home had another brand that, eventually died. We replaced it with a Bosch. To us, it was an easy choice. This is our secong Bosch and we love it.

Edited by jimgev
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, atexsix said:

Good Afternoon,

Good to see you again Bruno!

4 hours ago, irishjim said:

Jim.

Wonderful news Jim...so glad to hear!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, irishjim said:

Jim.

Thanks for letting us know this good news, you must be very pleased.

• Like 8

Thanks to Rich @richwmn for the daily and to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.

Have not been to today's destination, so appreciate all the photos.

@smitty34877pleased to hear that your DGC are feeling better today.

@JAM37safe travelling to Florida tomorrow.

@cat shepard good luck with a new dishwasher.

We have a partly cloudy day, 15 C.

Stay safe, take care everyone. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Although I am quite busy getting ready for our cruise  next week , BUT  I just have to post a few nice pictures from when we went through Prince Christian Sound  in September of 2012 on the Voyage of the Vikings , I have already missed too many opportunities lately to show some pics.  Even though it is already late I will still post them . 

It was just a glorious day and my little " point and click camera “ and me , did just fine . 

Very early morning just outside the Sound .

1638203193_DSCF38492.thumb.jpg.518ba4949bca83989c2482c6c23d0328.jpg

DSCF3860.thumb.jpg.28b3185e7adfc694d0c96b5c21b5a9fc.jpg

DSCF3862.thumb.jpg.30b65ed58db5a6c284c982b4b8890a41.jpg

DSCF3865.thumb.jpg.e61931524f4ba865fb248927cba199c0.jpg

DSCF3869.thumb.jpg.6b864d3902a93c9bd3f8a57a2956e60a.jpg

DSCF3888.thumb.jpg.c67435b1bbbe3c99f97d3644b3d1d745.jpg

DSCF3905.thumb.jpg.d283e3be6b0434162274048c0fec97e1.jpg

Just to keep us warm ……..

DSCF3909.thumb.jpg.aa511d08da98465afaab58d7ff2d7d42.jpg

Getting some real ice for our drinks 
DSCF3921.thumb.jpg.56e9bdcf92e28eabed82b11cd4505a6a.jpg

DSCF3947.thumb.jpg.433413b2e80f9a483896b562068b16ba.jpg

Bringing some fresh fruit , vegetables  soda and school supplies to the Inuit people in this small isolated village .

DSCF3953.thumb.jpg.7d03ec03c10510102ee50484c9d64540.jpg

We were floating  around at this place for about an hour , for us to take this all in . Another wonderful cruise memory ! 

DSCF3958.thumb.jpg.cd5a1de48e1ca9914521f0b59fb18929.jpg

School kids and villagers coming out in a number of small boats to thank Holland and to wave to us.

DSCF3951.thumb.jpg.11faec00cd75a2e67323b973976bc1cd.jpg

A great logo  with a lot of history that the " powers in Seattle "  got rid of !  It still bothers me ! 

DSCF3955.thumb.jpg.f3d0dce169c49701394e80bc5810b721.jpg

Have a good evening all 

Tony 😄

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1