Live from Symphony - Oct 2, 2021

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Ozark_Kid was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

I noticed that there was not many Live cruises this week so I will start this one.  If you are on this cruise and want to add here please do so. This will be my first try at this so any help is welcomed.  

We will be leaving shortly for the Port.  We stayed last night at the Hampton in the Brickell area so we are only about 15 minutes away.  Are cruise along friends had their flight canceled last night but was able to book a new flight this morning and should land within the hour.  

Our check in is 12 to 1pm but we both RoyalUp to a GS so we can get there earlier. 

I am sure we will be busy for a while but plan to at least catch up here before tonight or sooner. 

Breakfast was good at the Hampton but looking forward to cruise food. 

Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy the cruise with us. 

20211002_091848.thumb.jpg.30541b1bc7da06f53707ecb94cbeb214.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

20211002_121422.thumb.jpg.27464d0251a3f198e9f19661efc3e175.jpgA few weeks ago RC stopped offering dining plans.  They are offering them on board on deck 6.  I believe you need to get it the first day.  We made dining reservations for the week then went to Coastal Kitchen and making reservations there we noticed that the first ones we did.  My TA (wife) is reserving the shows. 20211002_124144.thumb.jpg.c34595b628f4698cb5405fa4dda9088b.jpg20211002_123932.thumb.jpg.b9cf819b50d7874a610690aab7dc46b5.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I noticed that there was not many Live cruises this week so I will start this one.  If you are on this cruise and want to add here please do so. This will be my first try at this so any help is welcomed.  

We will be leaving shortly for the Port.  We stayed last night at the Hampton in the Brickell area so we are only about 15 minutes away.  Are cruise along friends had their flight canceled last night but was able to book a new flight this morning and should land within the hour.  

Our check in is 12 to 1pm but we both RoyalUp to a GS so we can get there earlier. 

I am sure we will be busy for a while but plan to at least catch up here before tonight or sooner. 

Breakfast was good at the Hampton but looking forward to cruise food. 

Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy the cruise with us. 

20211002_091848.thumb.jpg.30541b1bc7da06f53707ecb94cbeb214.jpg

Is this breakfast from their standard buffet? Looks like a good start for sailing day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

So excited for you as you sail the Symphony.

Eagerly following your thread, we hopefully will be boarding next week, last thing to do is obtain a negative COVID test.

Enjoy

Have fun

Safe travels.

Thanks.  It can be stressful waiting to take the test.  Even more stressful what our friends went through but we are all together. Once Georgia gets done whippin the Hogs, we can start enjoying the cruise. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Have a great week! How was the hotel? Good place to stay pre cruise?

We liked it.  It was a nice.  Clean, nice breakfast and a great location. Plenty of places to eat in walking distance.  Go overnight stay. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Is this breakfast from their standard buffet? Looks like a good start for sailing day. 

Yes. They had much more to choose from.  I rarely eat breakfast and didn't want to eat much before boarding.  After finishing the Chocolate chip and ice-cream I am glad I didn't eat more breakfast.  I hope this meal will hold over until Izumi's. 😂

20211002_134228.jpg

20211002_134207.jpg

• Like 4

Thank you so much for posting Live this week! I'll be following closely and getting on the ship next Saturday. If you have a chance, could you please post a picture of this weeks entertainment schedule? Also, could you please tell us when you were notified on your Royal Up offer being accepted?

• Like 1

I am going to try and post from the ship's wifi.  I have been using cellular on the previous post.  When I connected with Voom and did a speed test it was at 4 mbps downloads and about 1.8 uploads.  So I am going to see how our GS pics upload. 

20211002_142247.thumb.jpg.55ecdc5a4948594fa7930ce8cbdb41f3.jpg20211002_142053.thumb.jpg.02fe4bb6dedef2c5af2a2d3a56b66a96.jpg

• Like 10