Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

39 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

I love the perspective in #436 where the ferry looks like it is traveling the bridge!  

I hadn’t noticed that until you pointed it out.  The marine layer came back in and will be about 65 today     Suppose to warm up for tomorrow.  

4 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

Do you have Tracelets on this cruise?  I remember you said they’d been abandoned on a previous cruise.

No tracelets in use.  

Social distancing pretty good but some guests have no clue.     We were sitting at  the bar last night (Rendezvous) which was totally empty a group of 4 came in an parked themselves about a foot from us.   We decided to move. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Social distancing pretty good but some guests have no clue.     We were sitting at  the bar last night (Rendezvous) which was totally empty a group of 4 came in an parked themselves about a foot from us.   We decided to move. 

I think this is going to become an issue as Celebrity increases the passenger load.  Social distancing will become increasingly difficult when more people are on-board.

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Got an update on passenger load.   Seems we sailed with 650. Lots of no shows which I don’t understand. 

Next week supposed to be 900 

Perhaps they didn't get the memo and went to Seattle.... 🤣

39 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

No tracelets in use.  

DW and I went to get our High-Dose Quadrivalent flu shots today. While waiting, a woman came and stood directly behind my wife, at a distance that even pre-COVID would have been inappropriate. I firmly but politely asked her to step back, pointing to the distancing marks on the floor, and she did finally move, but some people just don't seem to understand.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I think this is going to become an issue as Celebrity increases the passenger load.  Social distancing will become increasingly difficult when more people are on-board.

Agree.    It’s a team effort and the passengers need to help.   One positive is that many more are wearing masks indoors.  

In San Francisco guests in all bars and restaurants are required to show Vac Certs or test within 2 days to dine or drink. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

DW and I went to get our High-Dose Quadrivalent flu shots today. While waiting, a woman came and stood directly behind my wife, at a distance that even pre-COVID would have been inappropriate. I firmly but politely asked her to step back, pointing to the distancing marks on the floor, and she did finally move, but some people just don't seem to understand.

They do have signs on the elevators but most ignore and pile on.    We have been walking instead.  

The crew had to be tested today (once a week).   Many of the crew are going to go on a group trip to a shopping mall today.    Our room attendant said each department got 20 slots.    Unfortunately he wasn’t one of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

No tracelets in use.  

i don’t understand with groups for sure!   Someone that wants to start a conversation, maybe I’d understand old habits but I’m still with you!   Glad more are masked perhaps because it’s more normal in California?

in general we see a lot of people too close especially here at stores, for no apparent reason.  

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak

4 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

i don’t understand with groups for sure!   Someone that wants to start a conversation, maybe I’d understand old habits but I’m still with you! 

Kinda like men-equit -    You never go to a urinal adjacent to another unless no other option. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rotoal said:

Or were impacted by the thousands of canceled flights?

This could definitely have been a factor.  SW is really having some issues and definitely would be considering other options if traveling in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by SkystheLimit

53 minutes ago, SkystheLimit said:

This could definitely have been a factor.  SW is really having some issues and definitely would be considering other options if traveling in the next couple of weeks.

Good point.    SW really screwed up a lot of plans. 

• Like 1

We had a fun day.    Had a nice lunch and picked up something’s I wanted.   We just boarded the Bullet Train so should be back to SF in about 40 minutes. 

Really not faster but only has 10 stops so takes 1/2 the time.   Definitely doesn’t look like a bullet. 

DBEF44ED-F8B8-487B-95C9-DD31F04D1D58.thumb.jpeg.e20fcab9d9383837e4db9dbe11fa51fe.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ma Bell said:

My friend Karyn and I are two that didn't make it. We flew to San Diego Saturday morning but my friend's husband had a medical emergency so we had to cancel last minute.

Sorry to hear.  I hope he is doing better and you can sail again soon. 

16 minutes ago, cruising teacher said:

I’m wondering if the high number of cancellations are due to passengers not being able to correctly complete COVID testing procedures within the two day requirement. I know that I am overwhelmed by this 

Really? Have you heard of large numbers of people cancelling for this reason for every cruise sailing? Pretty sure we would have heard about this.