Suite Breakfast Question

Bgwest

I read over and over again that one can ask for “anything within reason” when having the suite breakfast and how the suite breakfast is “one of the best perks included with a suite”.  Sounds like a neat perk. 

Perhaps a silly question but what is it that one can order that elevates a breakfast to a point that’s so special? 

Aren’t ham and eggs and French toast and pancakes and waffles and whatever else pretty much the same anywhere? There is clearly something I’m missing. 

What is it that those who have been there are ordering that makes it so special?

They have their own waffle iron.  The eggs Benedict is fresh and nicely presented.  You can request salsa for breakfast.  Omelettes with whatever you want (within reason/crab/avocado).  They have their own espresso machine.  Fresh squeezed orange juice.  No pancakes.  Choice of fresh fruit.  Custom order your breakfast (to pick and chose).  No rush to get you out.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

I read over and over again that one can ask for “anything within reason” when having the suite breakfast and how the suite breakfast is “one of the best perks included with a suite”.  Sounds like a neat perk. 

Perhaps a silly question but what is it that one can order that elevates a breakfast to a point that’s so special? 

Aren’t ham and eggs and French toast and pancakes and waffles and whatever else pretty much the same anywhere? There is clearly something I’m missing. 

What is it that those who have been there are ordering that makes it so special?

How about steak and eggs, or pork chops and eggs?

I've asked for the cowboy breakfast steak they sometimes have in the MDR.  That's the best I could do for a steak.  At least I didn't have to plan ahead.  If it was in the MDR, I'd have it for breakfast.  Never tried to ask for pork chops or other meats.  I'm guessing you could ask for a hamburger patty???

8 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Try ordering an omelette with crab meat in the main dining room.

Plus, your food is cooked to order, versus stuff that's been cooked and held warm.

2 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Try ordering an omelette with crab meat in the main dining room.

Plus, your food is cooked to order, versus stuff that's been cooked and held warm.

I think that's the key, cooked to order, isn't everything, even the most pedestrian, better when fresh?

I'm an avocado omelette guy which I agree isn't all that special, but as CineGraphic said, try ordering one in the MDR.  

There's a level of attentiveness of the staff that just isn't possible in a mass setting.  If you're the sort who "always" has a latte for breakfast, within a couple of days, you'll hear the machine start working when you appear in the doorway, if you like a particular pastry (DW likes chocolate croissants) they will be there waiting for you without a second request.  

Small things can make for a really special experience.  

I often say to non-cruising friends that cruise food isn't the best meal I've ever had, but it is the best 21 consecutive meals I've ever had.  Similarly, Princess suite breakfast isn't the best breakfast of my life, but is absolutely the best 7, 10, 14 or more consecutive breakfasts of my life. 

• Like 9

9 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

They have their own waffle iron.  The eggs Benedict is fresh and nicely presented.  You can request salsa for breakfast.  Omelettes with whatever you want (within reason/crab/avocado).  They have their own espresso machine.  Fresh squeezed orange juice.  No pancakes.  Choice of fresh fruit.  Custom order your breakfast (to pick and chose).  No rush to get you out.  

You can't get pancakes?  This feels like such a standard breakfast offering.  I knew they weren't on the menu, but I did assume that one could probably ask for them and they'd arrange it since they are not particularly difficult to make and the batter is just a slightly different composition from the waffles.

I think its the "cooked to order" aspect and the service.  The suite breakfast menu on Princess isn't that creative, kind of like the dinner menu in the Crown Grill.  We did try something new to us off the breakfast menu that the server said he'd never had anyone order before - the "fruit milk".  Tasted like the milk leftover from a bowl of cereal, I still need to research that and find out who came up with it.  I also like that the toast, english muffins, etc. are always HOT, never had any hot breakfast breads in the main dining room or from room service.  TIM - my favorite breakfast place on Princess is the International Cafe.

38 minutes ago, pathi said:

I have ordered steak and eggs before. Got a nice little filet and 2 perfectly cooked over easy eggs.

The last time we were in a suite, the maitre’d made sure we could order steak and eggs if we wanted to.  Now, maybe things have changed and we never took him up on that … but, we did get special made omelets with fresh salsa just for asking.  Also, I know there is turkey sausage onboard but they won’t get it for you in the MDR.  I just told the maitre’d I like that in the morning and it was there for me whenever I ordered it.  
Oh, and we also got mimosas and specialty coffees with our breakfast in the mornings, regardless of whether or not you have the Princess Plus.  

The french toast is different than what you get from the main dining room.  Eggs Benedict are also a step above.  Great service since there are fewer passengers.  I don't recall seeing more than 4 tables being used on any of the 5 cruises I enjoyed the suite experience.  Nice Mimosas too.

We have a suite coming up, and I've got fairly modest plans for suite breakfast. I plan to ask for a plate of fresh pineapple every morning (I've done that in regular dining), and I plan to ask for eggs benedict made with smoked salmon instead of Canadian bacon one morning. That's the entire agenda. 

• Like 4

Had the suite breakfast all last week. The service is what's so special. I must tell you that the orange juice is from concentrate not fresh.

You can ask for any fruit and any combo of breakfast items. I ask for James Beard french toast which isn't on the menu and they make it. Everything is hot and served right away. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Had the suite breakfast all last week. The service is what's so special. I must tell you that the orange juice is from concentrate not fresh.

You can ask for any fruit and any combo of breakfast items. I ask for James Beard french toast which isn't on the menu and they make it. Everything is hot and served right away. 

Every time we've been, it has Been fresh squeezed (at least ten cruises in the last 5 years).  Maybe a supply issue?  We have seen the back of the house crew preparing it for regular servings as well as mimosa use.  Most recently on the Grand 9\25 and 10\4 cruises.

• Like 2

It has been so long I cannot remember if suite breakfast in the specialty restaurants is everyday or just on sea days.  For some reason we remember it only on sea days due to early tours on port days.  Anyone that is not having a senior moment and that has stayed in a full suite know?

34 minutes ago, pauon said:

It has been so long I cannot remember if suite breakfast in the specialty restaurants is everyday or just on sea days.  For some reason we remember it only on sea days due to early tours on port days.  Anyone that is not having a senior moment and that has stayed in a full suite know?

On our last several cruises, the suite breakfast was available every day except disembarkation day. On disembarkation day, we ate in Club Class for breakfast.

It is lunch in Club Class and in the Main Dining Room that was available only on sea days.

Real poached eggs are served in the suite breakfast vs the eggs cooked in a cup to look like they were poached served in MDR. See photos below. Also actual potatoes cubed and fried not the reconstituted potato triangles served in MDR. 
Once DH was chatting with our server and mentioned he enjoyed Nutella crepes. With his breakfast he was served one made special by our server as a surprise.  The oj has always been fresh squeezed and you can have your mimosa without the oj.  No limit on # of glasses and does not count towards the 15 drinks on your drink package. Not that I can drink that much but just sayin’.  

Best ever service and food is hot!  

4BD2FCE4-A811-4CED-A14B-67D9FF953B61.jpeg

A587441A-9A44-454B-B862-7F663A8AD668.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, pauon said:

Open until 9:30 on port days and until 10:30 on sea days. 

Just off the Grand and got an upgrade to a suite.  Breakfast was special.  My husband asked for sourdough toast.  Lots of discussion among the staff and the Matre D came over and apologized that they didn’t have any but to the bakery would make him some for the next day.  This was the last day of the cruise so didn’t get to test that out but thought that was incredible service.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 4:22 PM, Sea Hag said:

We have a suite coming up, and I've got fairly modest plans for suite breakfast. I plan to ask for a plate of fresh pineapple every morning (I've done that in regular dining), and I plan to ask for eggs benedict made with smoked salmon instead of Canadian bacon one morning. That's the entire agenda. 

Well that certainly would not be eggs Benedict.