Big announcement coming?

toad455

I was on hold for 45 minutes with D+ desk.  I only wanted to book the first leg.  Not interested in second leg that goes to Australia/NZ since we are already doing Radiance Aussie/NZ/TP early 2023.  

Finally was told, I was not able to do it.  Booking the full 4 legs only, so that was the pits.  Was told December 1st to try again for booking the portions.  

Well....there are way too many other lines that will book partial world cruises of 60-120 days.  You lose RCI!    😠

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I Was told December 1st to try again for booking the portions.  

Well....there are way too many other lines that will book partial world cruises of 60-120 days.  You lose RCI!    😠

And Royal will too as you were just told...you just have to wait a month. What's the big deal?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

Yup. Think of the double points as a single in a suite. One could earn 10 crystal blocks!

Even without the double points promotion or the single bonus, a standard double occupancy in a suite is just 12 nights shy of 4 blocks for the whole cruise.

23 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

274 x 6 = 1,644  😄

30 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

Yup. Think of the double points as a single in a suite. One could earn 10 crystal blocks!

Double points are only for sailings thru December 2022 not 2023 sailings

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, towel-animal said:

And Royal will too as you were just told...you just have to wait a month. What's the big deal?

Cabin selection.  Totally unique and first one of a kind cruise for RCI.  Will be taking bookings for the next 41 days, and rep told me it was already nuts with booking for the full 4 legs.  Slim pickings by then for a ship with just over a thousand cabins available.  I won't be interested in anything but a JS and above, which limits it quite a bit further for me.    

Guessing this is not something you are booking...so why do you care about how I feel about it?  🤔

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Sure, but those are compared to pricing on 7 day cruises. If someone tries to "get their money's worth" out of the typical $50+ drink package on this world cruise they'll be joining AA half way through their journey.

Biker, who wonders what Royal Up prices will be on such a sailing.

If you're willing to start a go fund me to pay my cruise fare I'm willing to take one for the team and take a crack at that $50 a day.  It would be a sacrifice but I'd be willing to give it a go.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

52 minutes ago, island lady said:

I was on hold for 45 minutes with D+ desk.  I only wanted to book the first leg.  Not interested in second leg that goes to Australia/NZ since we are already doing Radiance Aussie/NZ/TP early 2023.  

Finally was told, I was not able to do it.  Booking the full 4 legs only, so that was the pits.  Was told December 1st to try again for booking the portions.  

Beginning  in Dec. the four expedition cruises can be purchased. Individually or  a mixture of the four.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

That actually IS very good value, even before you add in the "included" items.  Less expensive than a Panama Canal cruise.

And I LOVE the people who are saying that it's a BAD thing because THEY can't go.  LOL.

Totally disagree!  Over $600/day for a balcony per couple is not a good value.  Our rule of thumb is ~$300/day.  Our January cruise on the Anthem is $200/day

50 minutes ago, island lady said:

Cabin selection.  Totally unique and first one of a kind cruise for RCI.  Will be taking bookings for the next 41 days, and rep told me it was already nuts with booking for the full 4 legs.  Slim pickings by then for a ship with just over a thousand cabins available.  I won't be interested in anything but a JS and above, which limits it quite a bit further for me.    

Guessing this is not something you are booking...so why do you care about how I feel about it?  🤔

Trying to snag 1100 out from under me.....lol

4 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

Trying to snag 1100 out from under me.....lol

LOL!!  Gosh no.  With all that open sea time...won't catch me "riding the tail".  😉  

Actually it's 9256 that is my favorite cabin on the Radiance ladies...in calm seas. 

Love 1100 as a cabin in itself, but with me being a light sleeper...the rolling carts and scraping chairs just over your ceiling is a no go for me.  

Bucky?  He can sleep through a bomb blast...having his hearing aids out.  😄 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rjrpar said:

Our rule of thumb is ~$300/day.

If you add in the included drink package, grats, VOOM, laundry and prorate the flights, that is about $170-180 of "value" per couple - still not a good deal, but a bit closer.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, emeraldcity said:

I bet Mario booked it.

I'll take that action.

On a cost per person per day, the cost is high.  Add to that the single supplement and I bet he is more than content to continue to do what he does on regular Royal Caribbean ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, towel-animal said:

It makes complete sense that they are giving first choice in cabins to those who want to book the full world cruise.  They don't want to lose a booking of the full cruise because someone can't get the cabin for all four legs because of someone who is only booking one leg.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL!!  Gosh no.  With all that open sea time...won't catch me "riding the tail".  😉  

Actually it's 9256 that is my favorite cabin on the Radiance ladies...in calm seas. 

Love 1100 as a cabin in itself, but with me being a light sleeper...the rolling carts and scraping chairs just over your ceiling is a no go for me.  

Bucky?  He can sleep through a bomb blast...having his hearing aids out.  😄 

We like 9256 also....as you know. It will be gone be December 1st. Probably gone now....lol

We actually will be on Serenade in that cabin in February. We ride the "tail" all the time. Transatlantic or Pacific....so no big deal for us. A regular balcony wouldn't be large enough for 60 days plus, as we're thinking about the first part of this cruise.

Last time I was in 1100 I said never again. Chair Draggers scrapping the deck every morning. I guess the chair is to heavy for these old people to lift.

Good luck!!

• Like 1

I was so excited and had my TA price an Owner Suite or a Grand Suite , The  OS was 209,000 per person and the GS was 164,000 per person before the 10% discount if you pay early, and before you add the taxes. Just can't justify that. Our  world cruise on QM2 which is half the days but in a Queens cabin on a much nicer ship is less than half that. I love Royal for some cruises but for that amount of money, I want to be really wowed!!!!!  but i bet it sells out!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Although it’s great they included a lot in the price, you have to consider excursions as extra.  That’s going to really drive your cost up.  I’d consider a portion for 60 days but I think Viking may be a better value.

And although wash and fold would be okay for socks and underwear, no way would I let them cook my regular clothes.  You’d be doing a lot of sink laundry.  Most of my clothing doesn’t touch a dryer.  They really need to refit some spaces on each deck with washer and dryers on Serenade.

Overall, once the threat of covid greatly decreases and all countries allow entry without restrictions,  we will be taking a look at it.  I see it as an exciting possibility.  We love Serenade and she has lots of storage in her cabins with wonderful sea views.

Aren’t the excursions included too?  I thought when I looked at my email, that was part of the inclusions.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Yes, we are doing the same cruise on Ovation at the same time you are. And we don't need a Caribbean leg. And we aren't in the position to drop a couple hundred thousand for this.

For those of you booking, have a fantastic time!

Edited by cruisin from florida
  • Like 1