Got check in email today! And then...

NRWPA

I finally received the email from Princess telling me I could now check in on the app and set up my arrival time for my Dec cruise! I got on the app immediately and clicked on arrival group, fully expecting to see "too early" message, but no, 3 time periods were listed: Early, Mid and Late. YAY! However, you can not click on any of them because they all say  "Available Groups: 0". When I click on one  anyway, I get the message: "Sorry! there are no groups available to choose from" GEEZ! way to get me excited, then burst my bubble! I guess I'll keep checking as I've done all along until I can choose a group!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never received an email from Princess to check in, but at the 60 day mark, the boarding groups became available. Note that the number of groups refers to the number of time slots available for each 30 minute slot, not the number of reservations that can be accommodated. 

10 minutes ago, jkrislc said:

I never received an email from Princess to check in, but at the 60 day mark, the boarding groups became available. Note that the number of groups refers to the number of time slots available for each 30 minute slot, not the number of reservations that can be accommodated. 

On our upcoming Ruby cruise, boarding groups weren't available until after the 30 day mark. On our Majestic cruise, they were available a week before final payment. 

2 hours ago, jkrislc said:

Are you saying you were able to choose a time period for check in? I can see the groups and times, it just won't let me choose any of them.

We are 34 days away from our cruise and today is the first time I can see a choice of times.  Like several of you when I click on one it says “no groups available to choose from”.  I still can’t finish ordering our medallions either.  I have spoke via phone twice and also on chat.  I’m done worrying about it.  We will just arrive when it’s good for us and go through the blue line.  

2 hours ago, pklein9747 said:

Our's opened up today...exactly 30 days before sailing (Nov. 20).  We only saw the "No groups available" message beginning yesterday. 

Thanks. Now I know to not look until 11/9. If not there I'll let the Princess Rep handle it

3 hours ago, pklein9747 said:

Our's opened up today...exactly 30 days before sailing (Nov. 20).  We only saw the "No groups available" message beginning yesterday. 

Thanks!!  We saw the "no groups available" yesterday for the first time also, but still seeing it today.. we don't sail until Nov 28th.   I guess I'll keep checking...  We are still at 37 days out

1 hour ago, Gaynors said:

Thanks!!  We saw the "no groups available" yesterday for the first time also, but still seeing it today.. we don't sail until Nov 28th.   I guess I'll keep checking...  We are still at 37 days out

We sail on the Sky on Nov 20. Yesterday the Arrival Groups opened up, but with the "No Groups Available" message. Overnight, the arrival groups became selectable and we snagged our desired Group A Arrival slot. The disembarkation groups, however, still show as 0 available, so I assume they will open up for selection in 7 days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, lx200gps said:

We sail on the Sky on Nov 20. Yesterday the Arrival Groups opened up, but with the "No Groups Available" message. Overnight, the arrival groups became selectable and we snagged our desired Group A Arrival slot. The disembarkation groups, however, still show as 0 available, so I assume they will open up for selection in 7 days. 

I have not seen anyone post in any thread that they ever were able to select a disembarkation group with the app. Not pre-cruise. Not on board.

Since I'm NOT using their app I called Princess and got an early boarding time for my Dec cruise. I refuse to go through all the frustration of using an App. You need to call the regular Princess number and they will connect you to the Ocean Navigator dept.

On 10/20/2021 at 6:44 PM, NRWPA said:

Are you saying you were able to choose a time period for check in? I can see the groups and times, it just won't let me choose any of them.

Yes, I was able to choose our boarding group at 60 days out. Each had a number of choices. For example, the early group had 2 subgroups; one was 11:30-12:00 and the other was 12:00-12:30. Some of the later groups had 3 subgroups (time windows) to choose from.

2 hours ago, jkrislc said:

Yes, I was able to choose our boarding group at 60 days out. Each had a number of choices. For example, the early group had 2 subgroups; one was 11:30-12:00 and the other was 12:00-12:30. Some of the later groups had 3 subgroups (time windows) to choose from.

Thanks for the info! I received the email at exactly 60 days but still can't select an arrival group/time. Maybe I will just do as Cruzsnooze says and call...

When I sailed in August, I worried about the embarkation groups. No one was checking. For that cruise, I had booked my flight through Princess and the transfer. I was hoping they wouldn't keep me waiting outside the terminal until my group's time. 

I've been checking periodically and happened to check the day before I received the email. I was able to choose an arrival group (early A). I wonder if the Medallion system was overwhelmed by everyone trying to check in at once.

A wise man once said, "Princess needs to get their _____________together." And I agree with him (CineGraphic).

On 10/22/2021 at 10:58 AM, cruzsnooze said:

Since I'm NOT using their app I called Princess and got an early boarding time for my Dec cruise. I refuse to go through all the frustration of using an App. You need to call the regular Princess number and they will connect you to the Ocean Navigator dept.

How will you know when or if it was done.??  I did what you suggested & called the Navigator dept today When I finally got thru to the Naviator.dept.(2hours)  the lady said she would write a note to the IT dept. to put me into Group A & 11:30 boarding because that’s what it was when I was able  to add it to my App a few weeks ago ..  But the date was wrong, so when they finally fixed the date there went my boarding time.  And I was never able to add it after that.   My sailing is November 10th.

So now I have been checking & it doesn’t seem to be showing up on the App. yet.  Do you know how long it took??? Are you able to view it anywhere. ??  
Thanks,   
Grace

Edited by Ronnieslady