Princess should formally announce that the Medallion App is problematic, instead of letting folks panic & flood phone lines

CineGraphic

I spent a few minutes today in the app, on my ipad (phone is too small!). 

Our cruise in Jan 2022 was there, our passports were already there as we'd sailed with Medallion Dec 2019 , I just added credit card, ordered medallions to the port for pickup (Cant ship to Canada!🤣).  

Got "green" for both of us.  Took screenshots! 

Went back in a few minutes later, it had lost my passport, I was now yellow with "bring your documents to checkin" on the passport page, hubby still green.  I ticked "vaccinated" for both of us and exited again.   

Other than the 24 hour prior health check, I don't plan to do anything else.  Not worth a minute of my time.  

I can imagine the changing status and disappearing documents that I have now experienced can be infuriating to some.  I frankly don't care whether the app shows me as green or yellow or red!  Princess has my money and I have travel summary, travel agency receipt and screenshots.  The nice people at Port Everglades will deal with it!   

Looking forward to getting back onboard!!

• Like 2

On 11/3/2021 at 11:59 AM, mcrcruiser said:

There is one word to describe the medallion app & it is "Idiot"

Minor correction:

App is idiotic

Developers are idiots. My grandkids could do better and they aren't programmers.  1st thing is they wouldn't have disable Personalizer until it ran side by side successfully 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, loge23 said:

One more wish list item: also on the bad website, you can pre-book excursions using your credits. Why can't Princess do that?!

I booked an excursion on the website using OBC even though my voyage was over a year away at that point!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brisalta said:
21 hours ago, loge23 said:

One more wish list item: also on the bad website, you can pre-book excursions using your credits. Why can't Princess do that?!

I booked an excursion on the website using OBC even though my voyage was over a year away at that point!!

Not sure what you are having an issue with. I just booked December 2021 excursions using OBC. FWIW I had 160 Promo & 50 Shareholder OBC (10 day cruise) with 60 gifted OBC. Excursions are $235 and the website let me cover them all. In the past I have not used gifted / purchased OBC pre-boarding

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brisalta said:

I booked an excursion on the website using OBC even though my voyage was over a year away at that point!!!

Good to know! Couldn't do this back in 2020, but we'll give it a go.

33 minutes ago, loge23 said:

Good to know! Couldn't do this back in 2020, but we'll give it a go.

Yeah. I think they knew cruises weren't happening in 2020 and wanted to minimize some refunds. Not most as they were still taking my deposits for cruises, which were of course canceled 

IMO Princess should just get rid of this medallion thing, not working properly and reading on here, not all cruisers like the concept.  Go back to ye olde cruise card and 'come back new.'

th.jpg.3ff307dc1f623e5d5dfbed3504733bd4.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

IMO Princess should just get rid of this medallion thing, not working properly and reading on here, not all cruisers like the concept.  Go back to ye olde cruise card and 'come back new.'

th.jpg.3ff307dc1f623e5d5dfbed3504733bd4.jpg

🤞

Or they could be like Facebook and rename the Medallion, Meta.🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

1st thing is they wouldn't have disable Personalizer until it ran side by side successfully 

You can't really blame the developers for the decision to cripple the Personalizer; that's an executive-level decision, almost definitely pushed by the beancounters. The actual developers probably weren't even around at the time the decision was made - they work for another company (reported to be Accenture) that was contracted to do the app. The real questions are which Princess/Carnival exec made the decision to hire them, which one was responsible for monitoring their project plans and status, and which one finally convinced the beancounters that they needed to spend the extra $ to restore the Personalizer. 

• Like 3

I have given up on Princess and the Medallion App.. I wrote them yesterday suggesting they tie final payment requirements to the  date that the medallion App is fully functioning for each individual's cruise. I won't have any further concern because i am also cancelling all my Princess cruises starting with my December 2021 cruise on through the following year. There is no value for me as a consumer so my previous loyalty (and Money) has been wasted. 

• Like 1

Received a Princess survey overnight for a future booking asking specifically and only about the MeadallionClass and whether that had made a difference in my decision to book.  I complained about the app in the very small, free-text box at the end.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

20211112_201132.thumb.jpg.8950c75458cd4a81ec7bc7e14d346867.jpgMy medallion arrived today, along with the complimentary lanyard.  Could this be a clue as to the IT consulting firm who might be responsible for the medallion and the app....lol

They've been involved for at least 2 years.

19 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

My medallion arrived today, along with the complimentary lanyard.  Could this be a clue as to the IT consulting firm who might be responsible for the medallion and the app....lol

RIP Arthur Anderson Consulting, Ken Lay, Jeff Skillings, et al

Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear.

Money you lose may be your own.

etc.

Edited by Roberto256

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 8:22 PM, barrykel said:

You can't really blame the developers for the decision to cripple the Personalizer; that's an executive-level decision, almost definitely pushed by the beancounters. The actual developers probably weren't even around at the time the decision was made - they work for another company (reported to be Accenture) that was contracted to do the app. 

This is old news, but it was new to me when I ran across it.

Accenture to Acquire Nytec to Innovate Connected Experiences for Clients

(nytec is the company that makes the actual medallion)

https://newsroom.accenture.com/news/accenture-to-acquire-nytec-to-innovate-connected-experiences-for-clients.htm

Accenture Named Premier Innovation Partner for Carnival Corporation’s Global Experience and Innovation Team

https://newsroom.accenture.com/news/accenture-named-premier-innovation-partner-for-carnival-corporations-global-experience-and-innovation-team.htm

Accenture to Help Carnival Corporation Transform the Guest Experience Through Intelligent Personalization

https://newsroom.accenture.com/news/accenture-to-help-carnival-corporation-transform-the-guest-experience-through-intelligent-personalization.htm

The guest experience has certainly been transformed.

Before medallion, I don't recall anyone posting that they had made 40+ calls to princess to

straighten out an issue.

But, maybe I missed a post.

• Like 1