The Daily for Monday November 08, 2021

richwmn

35 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! 
@cat shepard we had a local restaurant critic who called that wine Gru V! 🤷‍♀️😉 I’ve tried several but not found one I like, too flinty for me,  so let us know.

I noticed Graham’s palm tree sunsets yesterday, but I thought we were sworn to secrecy!  Looks like a lovely hotel! 
Well I like dill pickle chips,  and even dill pickle pepperoni,  not sure bout the soup. 
We’ll have bold fajitas with some hot salsas. 
Hmmm,  discovered online auctions,  off to pick up my winnings,  might it be a Turner print? 

F53553C8-30DD-432C-9D2C-D1C21E7F12ED.jpeg

That's a very pretty sunset, too!  Aren't we lucky to be up at that time to watch them?  (some of you are saying NO!)

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Carolyn, nice photos of your tour.  I don't recall how hot it was in Manzanillo that March day, but let's just say DH doesn't wear shorts often on our cruises, so it must have been a little warm. 🥵

Thank you for the prayers for John.  He would be most appreciative.

I am sending as many prayers as needed for john.

Jim.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

DH and I had a wonderful time babysitting DGD.  She was a very mature three, and didn't cry.  Of course, we let her do basically anything she wanted to do.

I laughed when I saw this, because isn't that what we as grandparents are bound to do?

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 9
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! 
@cat shepard we had a local restaurant critic who called that wine Gru V! 🤷‍♀️😉 I’ve tried several but not found one I like, too flinty for me,  so let us know.

I noticed Graham’s palm tree sunsets yesterday, but I thought we were sworn to secrecy!  Looks like a lovely hotel! 
Well I like dill pickle chips,  and even dill pickle pepperoni,  not sure bout the soup. 
We’ll have bold fajitas with some hot salsas. 
Hmmm,  discovered online auctions,  off to pick up my winnings,  might it be a Turner print? 

F53553C8-30DD-432C-9D2C-D1C21E7F12ED.jpeg

🤫Don't tell Pauline I told you.😷

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, dfish said:

The part for my furnace will be installed tomorrow afternoon.  Light at the end of the tunnel. 

YAY 🙂. Hope the space heaters keep you warm enough tonight 🤞 

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

I laughed when I saw this, because isn't that what we as grandparents are bound to do?

🙂🙂

It sure is.  My mother used to say she loved being a grandmother - she could spoil the kids rotten and then send them home to be straightened out 😉 

@Vict0riann good luck with your tests today.  Hope both you and Pat fail 🤞 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, kazu said:

YAY 🙂. Hope the space heaters keep you warm enough tonight 🤞 

They did a pretty good job last night.  I was warm enough that I threw the covers off at one point.  And I am very comfortable right now.

• Like 18

Good Evening Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Another busy day at work, four different meetings for the same project that took more than half the day.  Glad there is only one more work day this week.  @dfish glad to hear that the heaters kept you warm enough last night.  I’m hoping the part comes in and resolves the issue with the furnace.  The kids let me sleep until 4:30 this morning, one lamp on a timer wasn’t adjusted so they hit the panic button and demanded breakfast. 😄

• Like 20

I can safely say that the carpets are definitely cleaner.  We couldn't believe how dirty the water was and how much grit there was.  I guess we should have expected it since we can't remember when they were cleaned last, and add in that we are in the desert.  😉

I managed to stuff a good chunk of the branches we cut from the tree into the garbage can.  The rest should fit in for next week's pick up.

After almost two years in lockdown, stress, catching up on chores left undone while traveling and not traveling, we're really looking forward to the next four weeks.  We've been to all the ports many times, and done just about everything there.  In all likelihood, we probably won't get off the ship most days.  My Kindle is full of books 📚 and I plan to chill out on the balcony.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm happy the space heaters are working and the part will be replaced tomorrow.

@mamaofami Carol, hopefully by this time next year, you'll be getting ready to head to Florida.

Lenda

• Like 25

Good evening. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days. I'm not cooking anything bold today; having a salad with grilled chicken. Parents are teachers for so much of their children's learning, especially recently; also my Mother was to have my third grade class, but switched. I often wondered what I would have called her, lol. I salute pianists.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good. The drink is interesting and the wine sounds ok (for a white).

I haven't been to today's port. Thanks for the pictures.

It's been a frustrating day. My computer that I was transferring stuff from, appears corrupted. I can't even get the Windows repair stuff to load. It's like there is no Windows. I don't know if it's a bad hard drive. Boot disks did nothing. At least it's all backed up to an external hard drive. I'm not sure it it's worth getting looked at since it's 7 years old. At least I got 99% of stuff transferred to the new one. Finally giving up by early afternoon, I went out and mowed and cleared leaves.

@StLouisCruisers Prayers for your friend John.

@grapau27 You four are definitely enjoying life!

@Vict0riann Good luck with the tests. Sorry about the credit cards, but good they were cancelled.

@dfish Sorry it's taking so long to get hear, but you have the space heaters and it's not as cold as it had been.

Prayers for the care list and a toast to the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone. We've had over 1200 new cases in the last 72 hours.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dfish said:

They did a pretty good job last night.  I was warm enough that I threw the covers off at one point.  And I am very comfortable right now.

So glad to hear it 👍. Bless your friend for lending the heaters.

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

The kids let me sleep until 4:30 this morning, one lamp on a timer wasn’t adjusted so they hit the panic button and demanded breakfast. 😄

And I thought my life was rough when the dogs got me up before 6 am yesterday morning 😉.   thanks for giving me something to be grateful for 😉 

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

Thanks for all the daily information, recipes, humour and photos.

@Vict0riannsorry about the visa card being used illegally, good to have cancelled so quickly. Hope your tests will be negative.

It's a lovely summer day, temperature 22 C.

Best wishes to everyone on the care list.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 15

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

That's a very pretty sunset, too!  Aren't we lucky to be up at that time to watch them?  (some of you are saying NO!)

Thanks!  I have no problems with sunsets, just Dawn! 😂

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2