No Black Friday Cyber Monday Sale

RKHOOKER

Royal sent me emails today advising of their cruise planner “Biggest Sale Of The Year” Black Friday Cyber Monday Up To 55% Off Sale for my B2B cruises on Rhapsody in the Med next July.  Well… prices are 3-5% higher than the average prices that were available in September & October.  After they jacked up the prices earlier this month, the prices in the cruise planner are not what I would consider a sale!  Hopefully, they flick the switch & decide to have a real cruise planner sale later in the week.  If not, I’ll just wait until June next year & order form the cruise planner then at most likely the same prices as this sale.  Also, I’d rather have my cash working for me over the next 8 months instead of financing Royal.  I’m not a Royal stockholder.

• Like 4

My February cruise on Odyssey has great sale prices on Internet (55%) and Refreshment (50%), and OK prices on excursions (30% on many). This has the new Cruise Planner. However, there's another thread where their seems to be a technical issue, and there's a few of us in a strange state of limbo where purchases are not really purchased yet.

My June/July b2b on Jewel is not showing any sale prices at all, not even claiming a sale. I'll see what it shows on Friday. These still use the old Cruise Planner.

Good Evening,

Getting ready to go to bed, but checked Royal’s site. Really?? I booked last month for a September ‘22 (7 day) Harmony cruise A good sale we thought.

We put down $500, owe $1957 ( includes grats, all taxes & Port fees in that balance). Oh, for an Ocean Balcony. 

I am tired, but my quick look-see appears we are just $100+ difference in prices. That’s it for the Big Black Friday Sale??  

Maybe in the morning it’ll look lots different. I hope so. If not, we were quite ok with the total cost.  We figured we pay more $ for the “Big Ship” experience. 😁😁

🛳🛳

Bobbi

Yeah, I checked the prices for the cruises I booked in the last month, and are all up $300-500 more than I paid... which I expected based on their previous BF sales, hence why I booked them then as they looked good deals when I booked. 

The main promo of the BF sale is the extra OBC - which I didn't get with the bookings I made - which makes up most of the difference. But I'd rather choose if/what I want to spend onboard than prepay it now and be forced to spend that onboard.

I too had trouble on getting the internet page to work for the discount on the beverage package and the perfect day at Cococay so I just called and they did it and sent me a confirmation. Cancelled my already purchased and repurchased and saved around $200.00.

7 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Good Evening,

Getting ready to go to bed, but checked Royal’s site. Really?? I booked last month for a September ‘22 (7 day) Harmony cruise A good sale we thought.

We put down $500, owe $1957 ( includes grats, all taxes & Port fees in that balance). Oh, for an Ocean Balcony. 

I am tired, but my quick look-see appears we are just $100+ difference in prices. That’s it for the Big Black Friday Sale??  

Maybe in the morning it’ll look lots different. I hope so. If not, we were quite ok with the total cost.  We figured we pay more $ for the “Big Ship” experience. 😁😁

🛳🛳

Bobbi

The black friday sales typically arent on cruise fares.  It is the extras on cruise planner that most buy this week.  Like internet. Drink packages, cococay extras, etc

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, read2learn said:

Every excursion on my Jan. Serenade cruise is full price! Not even a 10% discount. They were 10% a couple of days ago  so hopefully there will be another discount before we sail. Really disappointed after all the hype!

Most excursions on Caribbean's islands hardly go on sale.  The sale is more targeted for on ship items or cococay extras.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Good Evening,

🛳🛳

Bobbi

3 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Yeah, I checked the prices for the cruises I booked in the last month, and are all up $300-500 more than I paid... which I expected based on their previous BF sales, hence why I booked them then as they looked good deals when I booked. 

The main promo of the BF sale is the extra OBC - which I didn't get with the bookings I made - which makes up most of the difference. But I'd rather choose if/what I want to spend onboard than prepay it now and be forced to spend that onboard.

Very rare for the Black Friday sales to have much impact on fares. Most Of the savings come on cruise planner items. 

• Thanks 1

My cruise price is up like many have mentioned already but my drink and key packages were down.  Saved $100 by cancel and repurchase.  Excursions were the same price I have been seeing but went ahead and booked anyway.  I am hoping that at some point I catch them for less but I doubt it.

Cruise is 7 day Alaska in Sept 2022 if that matters.

Overall fairly pleased with what we have.  We are all in at $3200 for a Jr. Suite with the key package, drinks, dinner package, and excursions at all stops.  This is after using 2 $500 Amex credits and 1 RC Visa credit ($200 + $100 of OBC).  Had we stuck with the balcony room would have been all in for about $2400 but wife wanted a tub for the week.

I will continue to monitor things but I am not expecting any of our excursions or our cruise price to go down at all (I pretty much check daily, lol).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kimlet said:

I am from Canada and my deluxe drink package was better price at 20% off than the 30% off now, I guess it would have to do with the dollar

It actually has to do with the fact that they raised the 'base, onboard pricing' for the Deluxe packages, so now the 30% off is still higher than what prior 20% off was earlier in the year.   I know I've said this a million times already, but this is the reason to always ignore the '% off' part and just look at what the final cost is once you put it in your cart and click through to see the impact of gratuities or any taxes.  Then you'll know if you are getting a better deal or not.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Every year it gets more amazing and laughable that some people seem to think that every single item has to be discounted to its lowest price ever in order to be called a Black Friday sale.

I'd settle for one cruise or one planner item I want being on sale. Nothing. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Every year it gets more amazing and laughable that some people seem to think that every single item has to be discounted to its lowest price ever in order to be called a Black Friday sale.

I had never even heard of the Black Friday sale until reading these posts. I EXPECT nothing but after all the hype thought they might as least keep the usual 10% off. I have managed to make Diamond on RC and Elite on Celbrity without Black Fri sales .