The Daily for Monday December 06, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.

It looks like it will be a gloomy day here with rain and falling temperatures.  

Please include my cousin and her family in your prayers.  She had an automobile accident on Saturday and her 10 year old grandson was killed.  From what I can piece together it looks like she was probably at fault for the accident.  That is a hard burden to bear and she has been very fragile where mental health is concerned for most of her life.  

Today's meal is a good way to use up that leftover turkey in the freezer.  There are many different varieties of turkey casserole, so just choose one that suites your preferences.   This one can be made in advance and then frozen until you're ready to eat it.  https://dinnerthendessert.com/leftover-turkey-casserole/

1125623603_Turkeycasserole.thumb.jpg.ed3c1bd07f9486f13fe3dbb6db8e25d4.jpg

This one is a creamy casserole.   You can add in any vegetables you like or take out the ones you don't like.  Is the turkey all gone?  You can substitute chicken or even sliced smoked sausage.  https://www.spendwithpennies.com/creamy-turkey-casserole/

Turkey-Casserole-SpendWithPennies-9.thumb.jpg.94e10b4c22584c8f6d2c92ce11f542ad.jpg

And who can resist Aunt Bee's recipe?   https://www.theseasonedmom.com/aunt-bees-leftover-turkey-casserole/

1523885347_TurkeyCasserole3.thumb.jpg.804171e52c93b54ed04d323dfbdfe51d.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

So very sorry to hear the terrible news about your family. Prayers for them coming your way.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone. Interesting collection of days. Last night Sam was too tired to join me but Ali had dinner with three other couples we are good friends with. We used to meet all summer at one of the many gazebos at our condo and I’ve really missed being with them. 
Today we both have PT . The balance class has really helped me.

Have to run. Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 21

Sakaminato - what a delightful port! We visited in 2014.

There are lovely gardens, many anime characters, both life in in other forms around the city.

First some photos from one of the gardens, Yuushien Garden.

Yuushien Garden in Yatsuka-cho (11).JPG

Yuushien Garden in Yatsuka-cho (31).JPG

Yuushien Garden in Yatsuka-cho (45).JPG

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.

Please include my cousin and her family in your prayers.  She had an automobile accident on Saturday and her 10 year old grandson was killed.  From what I can piece together it looks like she was probably at fault for the accident.  That is a hard burden to bear and she has been very fragile where mental health is concerned for most of her life.  

So sorry to hear about your cousin and her family.  Prayers for her for strength to deal with this terrible tragedy, and prayers for all in the family at this difficult time.

Laura

• Like 16

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Monday smile 🙂 

Love Mitten tree day and always appreciate bartenders on BHB’s.  St. Nicholas is loved by many.  

262539B1-23B7-4886-8E71-4DDA7AC03E05.jpeg.1cad0eafdba8b36ee7834021b6488eaf.jpeg

Not sure I like the Lewis quote.  Love lass much longer than 2 and 1/2 days - at least, it should.  Today’s meal looks good but we have no turkey in the fridge so something else we be on the menu.

Debbie @dfishwhat a tragic accident and such a painful time with the loss of such a young life  for you and your cousin’s family 😢 Prayers are winging their way 🙏🏻

@Crazy For Catsyou got the PS?  Woo Hoo! 👍 You are bound to have a fantastic cruise 🙂.  In response to your excellent meme:

667D05F0-C35C-45AE-A981-F0265C2AE10C.thumb.jpeg.458a4b55b3671dff15987f6d7a76743c.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Monday, everyone!!!!!

78D8588B-E4FC-4112-A673-B7B942B5F4D8.thumb.jpeg.fae21af27cccc2b306ef95d2777af969.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

The upgrade charge was $160 for both of us.  That was hard to pass by.  Hopefully we get the correct results from the test.

• Like 22

3 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.

Today's meal is a good way to use up that leftover turkey in the freezer.  There are many different varieties of turkey casserole, so just choose one that suites your preferences.   This one can be made in advance and then frozen until you're ready to eat it.  https://dinnerthendessert.com/leftover-turkey-casserole/

1125623603_Turkeycasserole.thumb.jpg.ed3c1bd07f9486f13fe3dbb6db8e25d4.jpg

This one is a creamy casserole.   You can add in any vegetables you like or take out the ones you don't like.  Is the turkey all gone?  You can substitute chicken or even sliced smoked sausage.  https://www.spendwithpennies.com/creamy-turkey-casserole/

Turkey-Casserole-SpendWithPennies-9.thumb.jpg.94e10b4c22584c8f6d2c92ce11f542ad.jpg

And who can resist Aunt Bee's recipe?   https://www.theseasonedmom.com/aunt-bees-leftover-turkey-casserole/

1523885347_TurkeyCasserole3.thumb.jpg.804171e52c93b54ed04d323dfbdfe51d.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Prayers being sent. So  heart breaking.

Jim.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cat in my lap said:

Thanks for info!  
Today is my birthday- so we have been celebrating!  

Have a wonderful happy   BIRTHDAY.

Jim.

• Like 11

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday!  

Debbie @dfish I am so sorry for your cousin and the loss of her grandson. What a tragic situation. Prayers for your family. 

@Cat in my lap Happy Birthday!  Enjoy your special day! 🧁🎈🎉

@rafinmd Roy, Linda @lindaleris still on the Rotterdam and will be on B2B cruises until January (I think the 2nd). I will see her when we board on the 22nd. 

It’s a chilly morning here in the high desert and according to the forecast it is going to get even colder later in the week.  Today I need to schedule our covid tests for 2 weeks from today for our cruise. I wasn’t able to get much done last night because the HAL website bookings were down. I’ve been trying to get DH’s Navigator app to sync. At first the app said he was on a cruise in Mexico, then I logged him out and back in, but just like the website it’s not showing bookings or history. 

Jake, @Crazy For Cats congratulations on your upsell and you will have to let us know if it’s similar to a HAL Penthouse/Pinnacle suite. 

Thank you for pictures of today’s port @tjcox9!

I used to like Richard Lewis. In the late 80’s he had a TV series with Jamie Lee Curtis that I liked. But, as someone else said, he has gotten too cynical and his quote today shows that. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 20