Passenger Overboard Reported on Miracle

awestover89

Sad, but I hate the way these stories play out. Unfortunately, about 95,000 people in the US die from alcohol-related injuries each year. How often do they make the news? Since it is on big, scary, boat, it becomes a big deal. This kind of stuff scares people away from cruises. When in reality, its like .00001% of people fall off, from doing stupid, preventable, stuff.

• Like 15

Very sad for family - especially this close to the holidays.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out as the report of divider piece breaking as she was climbing from one balcony to another spells "lawsuit" to me- even though she was doing something wrong and was possibly intoxicated.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Very sad for family - especially this close to the holidays.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out as the report of divider piece breaking as she was climbing from one balcony to another spells "lawsuit" to me- even though she was doing something wrong and was possibly intoxicated.

Balcony divider was not built for nor ever intended to hold the weight of a person. A lawsuit from the family would be the stupidest thing I could imagine (like the lawsuit from the grandpa dropping the kid on Royal) and would show the world what "jerks" they really are (using their kid's death to try and get rich).

Edited by Computer Nerd
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Sad, but I hate the way these stories play out. Unfortunately, about 95,000 people in the US die from alcohol-related injuries each year. How often do they make the news? Since it is on big, scary, boat, it becomes a big deal. This kind of stuff scares people away from cruises. When in reality, its like .00001% of people fall off, from doing stupid, preventable, stuff.

Drunk and falling in public way will always make national news. Not specific to cruises at all. Dorm and hotel balconies as well as stadium/arena upper decks will also make big news. It just plays into our fears of falling and heights that makes it news. Not to mention the amateur detectives out there who can't resist a whodunit.

• Like 1