Updated mask protocols for departures through January 5, 2022

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

According to people I know on Freedom right now, you can only lower/remove your mask when taking a sip of your drink and you have to pull the mask up/put it back on after each sip. 

I think someone you know on Freedom is messing with you.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

On Navigator now.  Have not seen any evidence of new mask protocols.  Last night bars and Izumi were the normal take off your mask when you cross the magical line to enter.  Had room service this am, but went to Windjammer to take a look and everyone at tables had no mask.  

Not sure when this went into effect, but the gym yesterday was no mask.

BTW - first day of the 3 day on the B2B there was someone at the entrance to Vaxed venues checking.,  no more.  Have seen small kids in Vaxed bars.  A lot of people with no mask walking around and more with under their chin hold a drink.

I sailed the Navigator on Dec. 4 and the H&S protocols were not as stringent as the Sept. Oasis sail.

I keep hearing that all adults are vaccinated, and I always thought the same.  On our  Dec. 5 Harmony, I was told (by another passenger) that there were 4 non vaxed adults with medical exemptions on the sailing.  Could this be true ? And if so, what might be the circumstances?  

Thanks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

According to people I know on Freedom right now, you can only lower/remove your mask when taking a sip of your drink and you have to pull the mask up/put it back on after each sip. 

No thanks.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I keep hearing that all adults are vaccinated, and I always thought the same.  On our  Dec. 5 Harmony, I was told (by another passenger) that there were 4 non vaxed adults with medical exemptions on the sailing.  Could this be true ? And if so, what might be the circumstances?  

Thanks 

Documented anaphylaxis after the first dose.  Documented medical condition that developed after the 1st dose.  Documented allergic reaction to any component in any/all of the vaccines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Documented anaphylaxis after the first dose.  Documented medical condition that developed after the 1st dose.  Documented allergic reaction to any component in any/all of the vaccines.

Undocumented "payment" to a medical "professional".  😉

I'm joking, but I don't doubt this has happened.

6 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

From another passenger…sure 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Undocumented "payment" to a medical "professional".  😉

I'm joking, but I don't doubt this has happened.

maybe in the past but nowadays medical licenses are valuable and we dont like to jeopardize them in a lawsuit happy society.  

I did not read all seven pages of comments.  But I am a teacher and I have been wearing a mask to school all day five days a week for 1 1/2 years.  My son is a nurse who works in surgery and has been for twenty years.  If it helps to keep me and the people around me safe, it is not a bother to me.  Personally, I have sewn over a 1,000 cloth masks and have given them all away.  Please stay safe because I have lost two family members that did not believe in the vaccines.  They were both healthy forty year old males.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jean87510 said:

terrific.  So back to wet masks which do so much to stop covid...  Ill be onboard next week on the grandeur.  Looks like Im running on the track like a hamster.

I think its ridiculous seeing we have to have the PCR test 3 days prior to enter Barbados, antigen at the port, and antigen on day before we disembark.  And now masks?  On a ship with all vaccinated over 12 and 3 tests.  The masks do absolutely nothing.  I could smell perfume and smoke using the RCCL mask that was given to me on the Adventure sailing last month.  It's a linus blanket.

It's easy you have a choice. Don't like the rules, stay home.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Science52 said:

I did not read all seven pages of comments.  But I am a teacher and I have been wearing a mask to school all day five days a week for 1 1/2 years.  My son is a nurse who works in surgery and has been for twenty years.  If it helps to keep me and the people around me safe, it is not a bother to me.  Personally, I have sewn over a 1,000 cloth masks and have given them all away.  Please stay safe because I have lost two family members that did not believe in the vaccines.  They were both healthy forty year old males.

Unfortunately I know a few people who didn’t get vaccinated who passed away from COVID. I also know several people who were fortunate enough to survive getting COVID despite not being vaccinated who are still dealing with serious issues from catching the virus. 

2 hours ago, Science52 said:

Can you share more info? I have family that believe vaccines are bad even though I have four family members that got covid and have long covid symptoms (unvaccinated). One that has long covid (just admitted it) still believes the vaccines are a conspiracy. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thanks 

Apparently you missed the thread from the woman who cruised, unvaccinated, about two months ago.  She decided to share  her experience with Cruise Critic.  (and I sort of "got into it" with her)

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Unfortunately I know a few people who didn’t get vaccinated who passed away from COVID. I also know several people who were fortunate enough to survive getting COVID despite not being vaccinated who are still dealing with serious issues from catching the virus. 

It’s sad but they made bad decisions 

12 hours ago, RoyalC said:

Can you share more info? I have family that believe vaccines are bad even though I have four family members that got covid and have long covid symptoms (unvaccinated). One that has long covid (just admitted it) still believes the vaccines are a conspiracy. 

People make the decisions they feel are right for them. I would not have made the ones your relatives did, but changing their thoughts is impossible.  No different than if they tried to change mine.

I work in LTC and have seen the positive effects of the vaccine combined with PPE, but I’d only be wasting my/their time.  That is, unless they were genuinely looking for first hand information relating to the original from of Covid and the Delta variant. My fingers are crossed on the newest one, but current reports and data appear to be promising.  I say that by reading from many spectrums, not press leaning one way or the other. 

Wasting their, or my time is just that. They have to make the decisions that work for them, and hopefully at the end of the day the outcome is the most positive one possible. For you, for them, for all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fredric22 said:

j

Not sure why anyone is surprised that cases are rising again now that it is winter? Last year Florida had two waves.... summer and winter. I honestly don't understand why people act like this wasn't expected? This is going to be the reality for the next many years. With vaccines and treatments each wave of "cases" will mean less and less.  Covid will and already is becoming another one of our "colds" and we have no choice but to deal with getting sick as humans.  

So true! It is not a reality for next many years; it have always been since we exist and will have be a reality forever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, footzz said:

Are you speaking from your own experience? Several people have said that is the case, but according to RCCL's website that is no longer an option. Can you point out the 'official' cruise line policy where a cash refund is an option for protocol changes? 

Maybe this will help.  These are refunds that I received in the past 10 days from a number of cruises that were cancelled using the "vaccine protocols" cancellation policy.  Some of these refunds are PIF balances, some are deposits and some are Cruise Planner purchases.  I will definitely admit that it is not EASY to get your money back but you just have to fight and stick to your guns....or in my case, have an excellent Travel Agent who will intercede on your behalf. Altogether I have 10 cruises for which I am currently getting cash refunds.  This is in addition to a few earlier in the fall where I got $$ for FCC's (I now have -0- FCC's hanging out there) as well as cruise fares.

To your point, there is NO written Royal Caribbean policy published on the website anywhere, that I am aware of. The information was provided to TA's in an email.  This one is from September 2021. There have been subsequent ones too....but this is the one I could put my hands on.  Check out the second paragraph.

image.png.1b840f18e023b3ec9ac02e77a94e9a4a.png

image.png.e9303ece8a13e48c86e07f7e696443b0.png

image.png.85cb67d8c59083b49e93da4fe922af91.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Maybe this will help.  These are refunds that I received in the past 10 days from a number of cruises that were cancelled using the "vaccine protocols" cancellation policy.  Some of these refunds are PIF balances, some are deposits and some are Cruise Planner purchases.  I will definitely admit that it is not EASY to get your money back but you just have to fight and stick to your guns....or in my case, have an excellent Travel Agent who will intercede on your behalf. Altogether I have 10 cruises for which I am currently getting cash refunds.  This is in addition to a few earlier in the fall where I got $$ for FCC's (I now have -0- FCC's hanging out there) as well as cruise fares.

To your point, there is NO written Royal Caribbean policy published on the website anywhere, that I am aware of. The information was provided to TA's in an email.  This one is from September 2021. There have been subsequent ones too....but this is the one I could put my hands on.  Check out the second paragraph.

image.png.1b840f18e023b3ec9ac02e77a94e9a4a.png

image.png.e9303ece8a13e48c86e07f7e696443b0.png

image.png.85cb67d8c59083b49e93da4fe922af91.png

Thanks for sharing!