Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

On 2/16/2022 at 1:30 PM, oregonian123 said:

Hi, everyone, I remember a recent thread where people had posted photos of the acceptable Covid Self Tests.  I thought they were on here but I don't see them now. 

Is there another thread that you can point me too, or do you have the post number where I could find them on here?

Thank you. 

From Princess:

"Princess has partnered with Optum and Radeas so that U.S.-based vaccinated guests can order an FDA-authorized at-home antigen test kit, shipped to your door. These at-home tests include a telehealth service. Please place your order with enough time to be shipped prior to your boarding. Order your Optum test kit^ or Radeas test kit online^."

Fly in to Miami late at night ......cruise out of FT Lauderdale ....3 days later 

If i could get tests done at CVS or Walgreens etc it would be fine but they are restricted to USA only 

This whole Covid testing is beyond a joke when you have already been double jabbed and boosted and avoided getting Covid in over 2 years 

Have to be tested before flying to USA and then again next day and still i understand Princess test you at the port yet the article says CDC is more flexible ....in what ? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

5 & up can be fully vaccinated here (California USA). Is it that different on your side of the pond?

@phillipahaintry StatMed in California, Doc2Go in Florida, eMed if you can get pkgs through a friend over here. If you tell me your embarkation point I can help find you a resource

5 year olds and above can now be vaccinated (only just) but not in time for a double dose though. We’re currently on the P&O Iona and having a great time with well over 100 kids on board 👍 Princess’ loss I’m afraid. 

5 hours ago, phillipahain said:

Have to be tested before flying to USA and then again next day and still i understand Princess test you at the port yet the article says CDC is more flexible ....in what ? 

I thought Princess only tested you at US ports if you were unable to get tested elsewhere within the 2 days.  BTW 2 resources I found on google:

> airports

https://fasttestnow.com/covidtesting.php?gclid=CjwKCAiAsNKQBhAPEiwAB-I5zXDOiKAk0SbXWt63TKCExcB35Ihjk3vDOUW5Biq1-J9CCiOcBIx5OhoCCkoQAvD_BwE

On 2/21/2022 at 2:46 PM, crawford said:

While I haven't seen it on the Princess website, Tony from La Lido Loca said that the 3 day window would be for those who have been fully vaccinated and boosted.

Tony is NOT Princess..........still have not seen OFFICIAL information ANYWHERE......don't trust these You tubers......they just regurgitate what they hear......

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ramjet1997 said:

Tony is NOT Princess..........still have not seen OFFICIAL information ANYWHERE......don't trust these You tubers......they just regurgitate what they hear......

Tony, Don and others are basically travel agents trying to sell group cruises. They do not speak for the cruise lines

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wowzz said:

But Carnival will still be happy!

Why so 🤷‍♂️ The P&O one I’m on is not a replacement for the Princess one 🤔 In real terms the loss of 2 cabins in April this year with spending on board equates to about £8k. We’ve booked a lovely cottage in Snowdonia instead what’s the gain for Carnival there? 

1 hour ago, devonuk said:

Why so 🤷‍♂️ The P&O one I’m on is not a replacement for the Princess one 🤔 In real terms the loss of 2 cabins in April this year with spending on board equates to about £8k. We’ve booked a lovely cottage in Snowdonia instead what’s the gain for Carnival there? 

You implied that you were on Iona rather than a Princess ship, hence no loss of revenue to Carnival. Sorry if I  misinterpreted your post

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

You implied that you were on Iona rather than a Princess ship, hence no loss of revenue to Carnival. Sorry if I  misinterpreted your post

No worries … this is the problem with forums as you never know what is in the mind of each other with the limited text available. No offence taken and I always appreciate your input. For your info the Iona had failed to stop in Madeira due to the weather today as others have this past few days apparently 😬

Edited by devonuk
Error

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Effective March 1, 2022, PCR pre-cruise testing will be 3 days instead of 2 days. Antigen pre-cruise testing remains 2 days. Won’t be on updated on Princess website until March 1. The reason given is that PCR results take longer to receive. 

I wonder what Princess will do when the European cruises start ? For the majority of people flying into European departure ports, trying to arrange testing will be a logistical nightmare.

Adopting the procedure as used in Southampton last year, with LFTs being carried out at the port would seem to be the logical answer.

20 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Effective March 1, 2022, PCR pre-cruise testing will be 3 days instead of 2 days. Antigen pre-cruise testing remains 2 days. Won’t be on updated on Princess website until March 1. The reason given is that PCR results take longer to receive. 

I know what yesterday's webinar said, but I'm pretty sure both are changing to 3 days prior.  That is what our cruise documents say for our March 10 sailing, and our pvp just confirmed that it will be 3 days prior for either type of test.

On 2/21/2022 at 10:09 PM, phillipahain said:

Fly in to Miami late at night ......cruise out of FT Lauderdale ....3 days later 

If i could get tests done at CVS or Walgreens etc it would be fine but they are restricted to USA only 

This whole Covid testing is beyond a joke when you have already been double jabbed and boosted and avoided getting Covid in over 2 years 

So you think Covid testing is  beyond a joke when you  got your two shots plus booster. I pretty much isolate and barely go out unless I have to. Right before I was to cruise to Hawaii tested positive  for Covid. I had the two shots plus booster. This isn't a joke. Testing is necessary. Even if you don't think you are sick and that slight cold starting feels like a cold but isn't.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, pompeii said:

I know what yesterday's webinar said, but I'm pretty sure both are changing to 3 days prior.  That is what our cruise documents say for our March 10 sailing, and our pvp just confirmed that it will be 3 days prior for either type of test.

@pompeiiWhat March 10th cruise are you on?  We (and 2 other couples) are on the Enchanted departing Port Everglades on March 10th and none of us have received that update to our cruise documents.  Did you received amended cruise documents directly from Princess or your TA?

Edited by capriccio

3 minutes ago, capriccio said:

@pompeiiWhat March 10th cruise are you on?  We (and 2 other couples) are on the Enchanted departing Port Everglades on March 10th and none of us have received that update to our cruise documents?  Did you received amended cruise documents directly from Princess or your TA?

No, I'm on the Grand to Hawaii.  The documents are in my personalizer.  One is my travel summary, and the other is a link titled "Important Notices" on the summary page under Booking Details.  We also received an email this morning titled Emergency Notification which had this, among other things, in the reminders section:

- Bring your original proof of COVID-19 vaccination and a negative viral

COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 3 days of cruise check-in.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pompeii said:

No, I'm on the Grand to Hawaii.  The documents are in my personalizer.  One is my travel summary, and the other is a link titled "Important Notices" on the summary page under Booking Details.  We also received an email this morning titled Emergency Notification which had this, among other things, in the reminders section:

- Bring your original proof of COVID-19 vaccination and a negative viral

COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 3 days of cruise check-in.

I'm on that cruise as well.  Did you get the email from Princess directly, or from your TA?

11 hours ago, julie3fan said:

I'm on that cruise as well.  Did you get the email from Princess directly, or from your TA?

The email came directly from Princess, as we didn't book through a TA.

Edited by pompeii
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 5:11 PM, san diego sue said:

. This isn't a joke. Testing is necessary. Even if you don't think you are sick and that slight cold starting feels like a cold but isn't.

Not had as much as a sniffle over last 2 years and would not ever dream of spreading a cold or covid but the testing issue difficulties are becoming very difficult and changing by the day and not received any notice of changes to requirements for March 12th out of Ft Lauderdale to Southampton 

Used the link on Princess website and it took us to DocGo website.  Registered and was able to book Covid tests for Mar 20th sailing out of Fort Lauderdale on Enchanted.  
We fly out from UK several days before joining the ship so our fit to fly test will have expired unfortunately.  Didn’t want to waste our vacation days searching for testing places and stressing over waiting for results.  
DocGo is probably a more expensive option but it does give time slots and we will already be in the terminal so no extra driving round.  Princess says book 10 days before but slots available now.  Booking early ensures getting availability inline with your boarding time.  The early slots will fill up quickly.  
Cost $100 pp and paid direct with credit card not onboard account as stated by Princess.  Only downside is wether a refund would be paid if testing is cancelled pre boarding. No indication that is likely for this sailing.

On 2/24/2022 at 10:45 PM, wowzz said:

I wonder what Princess will do when the European cruises start ? For the majority of people flying into European departure ports, trying to arrange testing will be a logistical nightmare.

Adopting the procedure as used in Southampton last year, with LFTs being carried out at the port would seem to be the logical answer.

You don’t need to test for arrival into UK.   

On 2/3/2022 at 9:01 AM, mturvey said:

Thank you so much for all your help. 
We tried to sign up for this previously but needed to enter a US address.  We will contact Princess again and ask for their advice on how to sign up for this and at the same keep our fingers crossed the rules may change before we go.

we entered our hotel address in Palm Beach and it was ok.  We have a timed slot before embarkation. Looks like there are only 50 places available per each 30 minute time slot.  Book early to ensure you get a slot that fits with your embarkation time the early slots were already half full.