Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

3 hours ago, jenmbobbs said:

Hi all,

We've just discovered that Princess don't accept un-vaccinacated children on board.  

Disappointed is an under statement as we are at a loss as to how we get to adhere to this rule considering he will be 10 years old at the time of travelling and currently Boris wont allow him to be vaccinated.

Anyone else come up against this and have any advice?

As you can imagine, we are now looking at alternatives, and P&O do accept children who are not of age to receive the vaccine, but find it bizarre that this is not mentioned more openly.

Any advice?

Thanks!

I thought I recently read that this has changed?

1 hour ago, nini said:

I thought I recently read that this has changed?

I rang Princess today, they were adamant all children were to be fully vaccinated, however, if you know where I can get confirmation that this isn't the case, I'll happily check it! 😭

50 minutes ago, jenmbobbs said:

I rang Princess today, they were adamant all children were to be fully vaccinated, however, if you know where I can get confirmation that this isn't the case, I'll happily check it! 😭

Gosh, I am so sorry. With all of the guidelines and changes, I am trying to remember if and where I saw it. I will let you know if I find it.

9 hours ago, jenmbobbs said:

Hi all,

We've just discovered that Princess don't accept un-vaccinacated children on board.  

Disappointed is an under statement as we are at a loss as to how we get to adhere to this rule considering he will be 10 years old at the time of travelling and currently Boris wont allow him to be vaccinated.

Anyone else come up against this and have any advice?

As you can imagine, we are now looking at alternatives, and P&O do accept children who are not of age to receive the vaccine, but find it bizarre that this is not mentioned more openly.

Any advice?

Thanks!

My experience….

my family had 2 cabins booked on a 14 day Med cruise out of Soton on the 9th April aboard the Sky Princess. In cabin 1 was a 12 year old and in Cabin 2 was twin 9 year olds. Having heard a whisper that unvaccinated passengers of any age couldn’t travel we called to confirm this and found that this was true. Both cabins were cancelled and we had the FULL amount back in 7 working days. 
We’re hoping to sail on the Iona on Saturday to the Canaries for 2 weeks pending Covid testing. The twins have posted their Covid tests to Prenetics today and we will do our dockside testing on Saturday if the twins results are negative. 
It’s all a bit of a nightmare but our view is to try to get some cruising in if at all possible 🙏

• Like 1

17 hours ago, devonuk said:

My experience….

my family had 2 cabins booked on a 14 day Med cruise out of Soton on the 9th April aboard the Sky Princess. In cabin 1 was a 12 year old and in Cabin 2 was twin 9 year olds. Having heard a whisper that unvaccinated passengers of any age couldn’t travel we called to confirm this and found that this was true. Both cabins were cancelled and we had the FULL amount back in 7 working days. 
We’re hoping to sail on the Iona on Saturday to the Canaries for 2 weeks pending Covid testing. The twins have posted their Covid tests to Prenetics today and we will do our dockside testing on Saturday if the twins results are negative. 
It’s all a bit of a nightmare but our view is to try to get some cruising in if at all possible 🙏

Fingers crossed for you that its negative tests all round!  

Wr have managed to rebook onto RC Anthem of the Seas for the same week. 

Even though vaccines have been announced today for the younger children, it wouldn't be enough time for both doses. 

Enjoy your trip!

• Thanks 1

Hi, everyone, I remember a recent thread where people had posted photos of the acceptable Covid Self Tests.  I thought they were on here but I don't see them now. 

Is there another thread that you can point me too, or do you have the post number where I could find them on here?

Thank you. 

14 minutes ago, oregonian123 said:

Hi, everyone, I remember a recent thread where people had posted photos of the acceptable Covid Self Tests.  I thought they were on here but I don't see them now. 

Is there another thread that you can point me too, or do you have the post number where I could find them on here?

Thank you. 

From Princess.com regarding acceptable self tests:

Vaccinated guests may use a medically observed self-test (sometimes referred to as an at-home test) that meets the following criteria:

• The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Please note, antigen tests are accepted for fully vaccinated guests, but not for unvaccinated guests.
  • The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.
  • The telehealth provider must confirm the person’s identity, observe the specimen collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test.

Princess has partnered with Optum and Radeas so that U.S.-based vaccinated guests can order an FDA-authorized at-home antigen test kit, shipped to your door. These at-home tests include a telehealth service. Please place your order with enough time to be shipped prior to your boarding.

There are links included on the website that will take you to where you can order the tests.

Thank you both for responding. I would like to see photos of the boxes that are acceptable. Someone posted last week on cruise critic with a photo of a Test Kit, another person responded that it needed to look different, and posted then photos of what the box should look like from Binax.  That is what I am trying to find.

1 hour ago, oregonian123 said:

Thank you both for responding. I would like to see photos of the boxes that are acceptable. Someone posted last week on cruise critic with a photo of a Test Kit, another person responded that it needed to look different, and posted then photos of what the box should look like from Binax.  That is what I am trying to find.

I found this topic that has examples of each of the BinaxNow tests, scroll down to #'s 160 and 161

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2822526-carnival-covid-testing-thread-2-january-6-2002/page/7/#comment-62534227

3 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I found this topic that has examples of each of the BinaxNow tests, scroll down to #'s 160 and 161

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2822526-carnival-covid-testing-thread-2-january-6-2002/page/7/#comment-62534227

Thank you! Thank you!! That’s what I was looking for and the right one matches the box I have. 

• Like 1

Hello. Confused here. Cruising from Ft Lauderdale tomorrow and did a CVS test yesterday. It was not until I took test did I realize that I was getting “1 to 2 days” results. I’m very concerned and am looking for a rapid test someone along my drive down today or in FLLin the morning. So many questions 

Is there rapid testing at Port Everglades?

any reliable locations in Broward or Palm Beach Counties.?
The airport testing seems to be scheduled through a website called Nomi?  Is that correct?

this is what I get for deciding to last minute cruise. I’m not up to date on all this info. 

1 minute ago, Duluth-Cruz said:

Hello. Confused here. Cruising from Ft Lauderdale tomorrow and did a CVS test yesterday. It was not until I took test did I realize that I was getting “1 to 2 days” results. I’m very concerned and am looking for a rapid test someone along my drive down today or in FLLin the morning. So many questions 

Is there rapid testing at Port Everglades?

any reliable locations in Broward or Palm Beach Counties.?
The airport testing seems to be scheduled through a website called Nomi?  Is that correct?

this is what I get for deciding to last minute cruise. I’m not up to date on all this info. 

You have to show a plane ticket to use the airport testing site.  Check these threads on the Florida Departures board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2828804-rapid-antigen-fort-la/#comment-62624689

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2812030-rapid-antigen-test-near-pier-and-airport-ft-lauderdale-see-below-2-locations/page/4/#comment-62595161

• Thanks 1

We arrive into Vancouver on the 25th May from IRELAND via LHR Uk, will have a PCR test in Ireland before we leave. Staying 3 nights in Vancouver and hope to get tested again on Thursday 2 days before the cruise . Only real worry is if asked to show plans in the event of needing to quarantine for 10 plus days. Hopefully Canadian restrictions on entry will be eased by then, we are both double vaxed and boosted. 
We are on the Royal Princess Voyage of the Glaciers cruise tour with a 5 day trip into the wilderness at the end of the cruise . We finish up in Anchorage and plan to fly down to San Francisco for 2 weeks . Not sure if we require to get vaccinated before we leave the ship , We both are holders of US passports Princess not very forthcoming with vaccination requirement , in fairness to them the rules are constantly changing , however it really does take some of the fun and excitement out of planning a cruise . 

Princess Cruises Confirms Participation in CDC Program through March 31

February 18, 2022 6:00PM PT

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. – Princess confirms that it is participating in the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated program for cruise ships operating in U.S. waters through March 31 and is advising guests of the following changes:

• Effective with cruises departing Mar. 1, masks on board will be recommended but not required. There may, however, be certain venues and events where masks will be required.
  • Additional flexibility for pre-cruising testing requirements will become available. Details will be posted to the Cruise Health section of our website.
  • Princess will continue to meet the standard of vaccinated cruises.

"Princess has proven cruise vacations are safe and healthy for our guests and teams," said John Padgett, President, Princess Cruises. "Going forward, Princess is prepared to adjust operating protocols to ensure our guests have amazing vacations while always protecting the safety of our guests, team members and destinations."

Padgett added, "We appreciate the ongoing collaboration among multiple government agencies as well as the support of Alaska officials and other delegations."

• Like 1

What is this announcement supposed to mean ??   

I have spent a wasted 31 minutes trying to get through to Princess and they simply do not answer their phones 

We have to be tested day before we fly to Miami which is 3 days before the cruise and then apparently 2 days before we board ship and again at the port 

However even our USA friends cannot find anywhere that will do the antigen tests for non USA residents 

We are triple jabbed have avoided Covid the entire 2 plus years ...have tried Princess Cruise Health as per above = ZIP   

This is ridiculous 

3 hours ago, phillipahain said:

However even our USA friends cannot find anywhere that will do the antigen tests for non USA residents

Have you checked out the testing facility at the Miami Airport?  Since it is an international airport, I would be surprised if they restricted testing to US citizens only.  https://news.miami-airport.com/covid-19-testing-available-daily-at-mia-starting-may-21/

This has come up before on the Florida Departures board so check there too.  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

4 hours ago, phillipahain said:

I have spent a wasted 31 minutes trying to get through to Princess and they simply do not answer their phones 

We have to be tested day before we fly to Miami which is 3 days before the cruise and then apparently 2 days before we board ship and again at the port 

We are triple jabbed have avoided Covid the entire 2 plus years ...have tried Princess Cruise Health as per above = ZIP   

This is ridiculous 

Are your friends from the USA going with you on the cruise?  You can order these tests and have them delivered their house.  https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/?utm_source=carnival&utm_medium=referral&utm_term=&utm_content=2-pack&utm_campaign=travel_ready_covid_test&utm_nooverride=1

and another choice

https://docgo.com/cruiseguests/

4 hours ago, ChuckinSC said:

We sail on the Enchanted Princess March 10th.  We absolutely need clarification on whether testing has gone from 2 to 3 days. We’re planning on using our local Walgreens.  

While I haven't seen it on the Princess website, Tony from La Lido Loca said that the 3 day window would be for those who have been fully vaccinated and boosted.

On 2/15/2022 at 12:38 PM, nini said:

Gosh, I am so sorry. With all of the guidelines and changes, I am trying to remember if and where I saw it. I will let you know if I find it.

There is a vlogger out there who has stated that Carnival and Princess will not count unvaccinated children under 5 when trying to meet 95% vax status. However Princess continues to state that they are 100% vaxed and that there is a difference between the lines 

7 hours ago, phillipahain said:

This is ridiculous 

Its a holiday here. Look for an update on testing in a few days

On 2/15/2022 at 4:08 PM, devonuk said:

... In cabin 1 was a 12 year old and in Cabin 2 was twin 9 year olds. ...

5 & up can be fully vaccinated here (California USA). Is it that different on your side of the pond?

@phillipahaintry StatMed in California, Doc2Go in Florida, eMed if you can get pkgs through a friend over here. If you tell me your embarkation point I can help find you a resource

Edited by Ombud