Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

47 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Are these tests not free anymore?  I go to the links from Princess for CVS or walgreens and they want like $119 for this test?  Is there no place you can schedule and get them for free anymore?

Go to the CVS or Walgreens website directly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I did, but I'm not seeing it?  Are these drive thru tests that qualify for Princess?

I am 100% sure about the Walgreens tests since we used them on Dec 31 and will go to Walgreens again tomorrow.  I have read the same about the CVS testing here on cruise critic.

• Like 2

New announcement by Government of Canada ... https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2022/03/government-of-canada-announces-the-new-public-health-plan-for-cruise-ships.html

- Crew and passengers being required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19;

- Crew and passengers being required to self-monitor for symptoms;

- Passengers being required to take a COVID-19 molecular test within 72-hours before boarding a cruise ship OR take an antigen test within one day of boarding a cruise ship; and

- Passengers being required to take a COVID-19 molecular test within 72-hours before arriving in Canada or taking an antigen test within one day of the scheduled arrival.

I am getting ready to order a Binex now 3 pack from Optum.  It is for 2 people.  I think I remember reading earlier that both names should be on the order but I only see "  ordering for self or other" as choices.  Could someone who has done this explain to me?  Thanks

39 minutes ago, mustgo said:

I am getting ready to order a Binex now 3 pack from Optum.  It is for 2 people.  I think I remember reading earlier that both names should be on the order but I only see "  ordering for self or other" as choices.  Could someone who has done this explain to me?  Thanks

Doesn't matter.  When you use the app to register for taking the test, then you need the correct names of people taking the test.

Just to be clear, does this mean I can buy one pack which has 2 tests.  One can be used by my husband and one for me?  Or do I need to order 2 packs of 2? This is for the Binex tests.

Edited by Hobbes67

23 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Are these tests not free anymore?  I go to the links from Princess for CVS or walgreens and they want like $119 for this test?  Is there no place you can schedule and get them for free anymore?

CVS asks you a series of questions...if you answer yes to either of the first two (about being unable to socially distance or about being concerned about that while being in a high exposure environment [or something to that effect]), you should be to schedule for free.  If you answer no to those questions, it will tell you that you aren't eligible for a free test. At least that is how it was for our family of 5 in mid-February. 

My parents used Walgreens and did not have to answer any similar questions. Their tests were free, and Walgreens did not make distinctions between testing for travel and for illness. But again, that was back in mid-February. 

17 minutes ago, jat1977 said:

My parents used Walgreens and did not have to answer any similar questions. Their tests were free, and Walgreens did not make distinctions between testing for travel and for illness. But again, that was back in mid-February. 

That was our experience with Walgreens testing this morning!

On our last cruise my wife and I got tested at Walgreens within the prescribed period. She got her results the next day. I never got my results, I called and visited my local Walgreens to no avail. I ended up having to pay $225 to get a COVID test on the morning of our cruise. It took less than 5 minutes to get the results back. I was sweating marbles on that one.

On 3/7/2022 at 2:58 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

I think if you can afford to go on a cruise you afford to pay for the COVID test.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

How have people been showing the results of their tests at the terminal?

Which is better, a copy on the phone or will they accept a printed copy?

I've done four cruises since the restart, one on Princess. I've had and used printed test results for all of them. I recommend it.  Check-in seems to flow better when I do.

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

How have people been showing the results of their tests at the terminal?

Which is better, a copy on the phone or will they accept a printed copy?

We had both but showed the printed copies. No problems at all. 

6 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I've done four cruises since the restart, one on Princess. I've had and used printed test results for all of them. I recommend it.  Check-in seems to flow better when I do.

Thank you.

The phone display seems so small I believe it would only slow down the boarding process to enlarge it in order to read it.

I'm also afraid that something might happen to my phone & not being able to access the results form.

• Like 1

BinaxNOW question. I'm worried about going too far in the app. Do I need to go far enough to make an appointment or do you just get on hold and connect with them when someone is available?

Also my understanding is that it's 2-day, not 48 hours, so I can test Friday morning for a Sunday afternoon departure. That right?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Thanks Josy 1953 do you know if the test is included as with P&O and Cunard.

Sorry, I don't know what is happening about Princess because they don't start to sail over here until 28th March but I would expect the test to be included as for the other lines.